Happy with Bose?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Happy with Bose? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; ...
    MEJIA is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Happy with Bose?

Ive read in the CTS Forum, that many CTS owners are very dissapointed with their BOSE systems. What do you think about the Escalade´s Bose audio system? Has anyone upgraded the system somehow, perhaps by adding an aftermarket subwoofer? Is it even possible.

It will be good to know what everyone thinks about the stock audio systems and the upgrades that can be made

Mejia

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

00 STS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade EXT

Re: Happy with Bose?

i really believe that the bose in my 02 outperforms any made after that year. i don't know if gm put a lower grade in the 03 and 04 but my 02 will outperform my dad's 04 esv in terms of sound quality and bass. i think the acoustimass modules are different from 03 and later compared to 02. i've owned many bose systems for home and auto and something about the 02 just sounds nicer than the rest i've rest.

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

It is average at best if you're playing CD's or sat radio, the FM is poor, the bass could be better, I may replace the sound system when I get my 05'

Sta11ion is offline Awaiting Email Confirmation

I have a 2002 and it sounds extremely well, other people have stated the same when they come for a ride. I can have the volume almost full with no distortion and it is clear.
    Quote Originally Posted by MEJIA
    Ive read in the CTS Forum, that many CTS owners are very dissapointed with their BOSE systems. What do you think about the Escalade´s Bose audio system? Has anyone upgraded the system somehow, perhaps by adding an aftermarket subwoofer? Is it even possible.

It will be good to know what everyone thinks about the stock audio systems and the upgrades that can be made

Mejia

Timster is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Upgrading the Bose (w/GM Navi system) is fairly easy. I upgrade my 04 Denali with a Alpine 250 amp and an 8" MTX sup in the rear. I just needed an adapter to bring it all together. Under $400 installed.

Tim

Very nice upgrade Tim, congrats.

However can you please tell me the following: When you put the new 8" MTX subwoofer did you remove or disconnect the stock subwoofer/woofer located in the front console or maybe in the drivers side in the trunk?? If not, how did the stock subwoofer/woofer sounded with the new 8" MTX??

I am intrested in doing an upgrade similar to yours, so I would appreciate it if you can answer my doubts!

Thanks Tim and once again good luck with your truck,

Mejia

Timster is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Mejia,
    I added the 8” MTX Subwoofer and Amp to the Driver side rear in the cargo area. It was important to me not to lose the cargo space. The Sub is mount to a triangle shaped box behind the cover. And the amp is mount on top of the finder well behind the cover. The Adaptor connects to the audio out puts that are located behind the glove box. I now have a stock front Sub woofer behind the stereo and a rear sub woofer in the back. It adds a little more bass in the mid range.

I like the added kick with out being obnoxious.
    Here's a pic.
    Tim

skides1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

NICE! but why the cheap MTX? why not a sensible sub? XTANT, Boston Acoustic?

Timster, can you please post the pics again,
    I can´t see them

Please and Thank You,

Daniel Mejia

I can see the picture now!!

invincible569 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by 00 STS
    i really believe that the bose in my 02 outperforms any made after that year. i don't know if gm put a lower grade in the 03 and 04 but my 02 will outperform my dad's 04 esv in terms of sound quality and bass. i think the acoustimass modules are different from 03 and later compared to 02. i've owned many bose systems for home and auto and something about the 02 just sounds nicer than the rest i've rest.
    Thats funny that you said that because my father also has an 04 Escalade and my 02 sounds better. Not sure why. I really loved the stock radio setup when I first got it. But once you get used to it, you always want better!

Quote Originally Posted by invincible569
    Thats funny that you said that because my father also has an 04 Escalade and my 02 sounds better. Not sure why. I really loved the stock radio setup when I first got it. But once you get used to it, you always want better!

Thats for sure..................

Mejia

mskittrell05 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I have an 02 Escalade with an Alpine IVA- D900 in dash DVD/CD reciever with a Soundgate interface on the Bose Speakers...When i crank it up i get alot of distortion with bass and it doesnt sound as good or as loud as my parents 04 escalade with everything factory.. Any Ideas on what i might be able to do to get more bass or make the factory system be a little cleaner...?

skides1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

The ouput voltage on you adaptor is set too high- be careful you will fry the Bose components. I can't believe they let it out of the shop like that!! The MTX setup above or adding any sub will improve the sound. The Bose systm is good for 100 plus db sound pressure. The sound staging is unbeatable. If you ad more subs you are improving upon a foundation that is exceptional. I know for a fact that the smooth sound is impossible as I have tried. Bose does MEGA research for accurate staging and frequency response. Just pulling the factory stuff and replacing with even the best components losses "quality" in my opinion. If shear volume is what your after yank it all out and replace it with MTX or other crap. If quality with SPL's to match add 4 12's and bring the db's up to 145db or so. The screaming midrange and highs of competion systems I have installed in the past have damaged my hearing permantly and are inferior to the factory setup. Extreme Bass has little effect on the ears.

P.s: db=Decibles, SPL = sound pressure limit. A Jet on the tarmac is around 120 db . Any Questions?

mskittrell05 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

What kind of interface do u recomend?...I have a Soundgate XR4 interface in my car right now??Do you know how you turn down the output?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.