Happy with Bose? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Happy with Bose? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I think I found the adaptor you have and after reading the ad, yes it is adjustable. I would take ...
    skides1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Re: Happy with Bose?

I think I found the adaptor you have and after reading the ad, yes it is adjustable. I would take it back to the installer and ask them to turn down the voltage output on the interface. If you want to try yourself, look for 2 small holes with what are called pots-a very small plastic "volume" control that has a screwhead appearence. If you use a small screwdriver and loosen-left- the pot the output voltage is reduced. There should be two, one for left and one for right. I can't see them in the pictures I have but it should be easy-
    Attached Images

Xrayqueen is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Question Re: Happy with Bose?

I'm considering changing my Bose system. Reason is I want a clearer highs/harder thumping bass sound. I'm thinking of going with (2) Alpine amps (1) 4 channel and (1) mono for subwoofer. (4) Boston Acoutics satalites and Boston Acoutic subwoofer. Also changing CD changer to Alpine so I can play MP3'S and rewriteables. All opinions will be greatly appreciated. I'm talking top up of the line Alpine
    Peace

onbagz2002 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

how about 4 15's in the bed those subs are MTX 9500 but not anymore now i went with the RE MT'S much much better choice...

Xrayqueen is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Smile Re: Happy with Bose?

I have Escalade truck not EXT I also need to carry groceries etc. Don't want to go to wild. Just want better sound
    Peace

mskittrell05 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

In the 02 Escalade, is there a subwoofer in the center console or is it just in the back cargo space

T_Dogg8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade EXT 2003 CTS

my EXT has one in the center console.

Pifemaster is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Timster,

I am also wanting to add a sub to my existing 04' bose (with nav) system. Could you answer a couple of questions?

1. What is the manufacture & model of the adapter you used?

2. Did you make the "triangle shaped box behind the cover" or purchase it? If purchased could you also supply the information on it?

3. What is the purpose of this cover?

Thanks in advance,
    Bob

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.