Chammy vs Microfiber Towel vs Leaf blower
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Chammy vs Microfiber Towel vs Leaf blower in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I was wondering which one of these methods you guys prefered and why...i bought a small leafblower with like max ...
    805forlife is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Chammy vs Microfiber Towel vs Leaf blower

I was wondering which one of these methods you guys prefered and why...i bought a small leafblower with like max power at 200 mph so i figure that it was a good investment. I have chammies but i have heard that these are not good and leave scratches behind. I have basically heard pros and cons for each...please if anyone can give a solid answer i would appreciate it
    Sean Mayer

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Re: Chammy vs Microfiber Towel vs Leaf blower

I test microfiber towels for Zaino, the MF towels are very inconsistent from batch to batch even from the same manufacturer, some work great and other will scratch your clear coat. Chammies while they do hold a lot of water, they have no nap, so if you get the smallest piece of dirt or a part of a leaf caught under it can scratch. Leaf blower, really do down side unless the area you are using it is unpaved, or on dirt. The leaf blower with a good coat of "wax" will allow you to blow most of the water off while mabe using a towel or two to finish the job, remember 100% cotton towels, white in color and made in the USA.

MEJIA is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

The best combination for me is to dry the windows with microfiber, dry the truck with electric leaf blower, and then what is left wet with 100% cotton towels.

Hope this helps

Daniel Mejia

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Microfibers are great for windows.

Jungle George is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I have found that the only microfiber towels that are good are the ones that have a very short nap, these are very good, some of the ones that have the long nap are only good for windows and will leave microscopic scratches on the finish.

805forlife is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I appreciate it guys...I just bought a leaf blower and hopefully will be getting it soon...i appreciate the great comments and help
    Sean

Sandy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED

I start with my Sears electric leaf blower, using it for about 10-12 minutes. Then, I do the door jambs, lowest part of the rocker panels with a cotton towel. I also use the blower on the wheels & tires.
    We are in the middle of 9 days of rain right now, which was preceeded by 2 nice days, which was preceeded by 6 days of rain. In 17 days, we've had 15 that rained. The two that were nice, I was sick! All cars here are very dirty. They say by May 28th we'll have no rain. Expect them to announce a water shortage on June 1st!!!

Elvis is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '05 Expedition

There has been extensive discussion on this topic in the Detailing forum.

Stop by and pay us a visit!

T_Dogg8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade EXT 2003 CTS

i just tried the mr. clean auto-dry (i think that's the name) and it worked great. i was shocked. but in 45 min i had washed 2 cars, done the wheels and tires, and cleaned everything up. you just have to make sure you do it at dusk so the sun or heat doesn't dry it too quickly. it really does work like they say. both windwos and body. i have a black blazer i tried it on and there were no spots.

MEJIA is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Many of us, including myself in this forum have used the Mr. Clean Autodry. From my personal experience and other members experience, the performance of this product is OK. Personally I would not rate it with extraordinary performance but just with an OK if you are in a hurry and need a quick wash. It is better than to go to an automatic carwash, unless it is a touchfree automatic carwash. If you have plenty of time you should try out the Zaino products, wash your car with their carwash shampoo, and then use a leaf blower to dry your car, use microfiber towels to dry your windows, and use a 100% cotton towel, american made to dry the rest of the car that did not dry out with the leaf blower. This procedure is tested and true, and many of us here in the forum go for it.

Mejia

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.