key pad entry
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, key pad entry in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Does anybody know if you can get a key pad for the door to enter the vehicle?...
    piper is offline Cadillac Owners Member

key pad entry

Does anybody know if you can get a key pad for the door to enter the vehicle?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Harrison256 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: key pad entry

or get one installed... like at cartoys... iwant to have one installed inside the handle so you wouldnt resally esee it unless you looked close cause onstar is bs... i got lcked out once theyt say if the cars been siting still for more than about 30 min they have to locate it n shit it took me 45 min and another 15 to find my acess code n stuff just to unloc k the car...

itd be alot easier to tyype in a 5 digit code on it.. when i mean inside the handle i mean like in the crevice or e/e it is..

Sandy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED

One of the best features of my '03 Town Car. When you have to depend on On Star, you are in trouble.
    I do know that Ford offers it as a deler installed option on the Mustang. You could ask if they can install it on GM cars. Stop in a Ford showroom and ask for an accessories brochure. It's pictured in there. I think I recall it's like $200.00

Jerome is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 Saab 9-3, Dreaming of an ATS-V

Hey,
    I work at a stereo shop in Logan Utah and we have a company that I can order them from. I have never installed one or seen them but I do know I can order them.

Jungle George is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

A company called MITO is the distributor for an item like that, it does require drilling into the door panel from the outside.

I personally like the keyfob to open and close the car. I had a T-Bird with the keypad and I admit it was a good idea before keyless entry.

feanwt is offline Cadillac Owners Member

This is something that seems pretty cool that Ford offers. It is basically a keyless entry remote that attaches to your car and is activated by the right keycode. It'd be cool if GM offered something similar.

http://www.fordaccessories.com/produ...d=15012&dept=9

brett79 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I found this while searching on the web.

http://www.sportsimportsltd.com/autkeyensys.html

T_Dogg8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade EXT 2003 CTS

i really like that idea and it doesn't look bad, but i like the clean look and i'm not sure i have the guts to drill into the side of my door like that

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.