Cadillac Owners Forum banner
2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  hcvone 
#1 ·
Hey Guys,

I've been reading your posts about the Escalade, and variations of it, and am amazed at the variety of opinions concerning that truck!!

Here in Southern California there are quite a few of them, and I personally like them (the EXT is my fav) but realize that there are a lot of people out there with the opinion that a Caddy is a Caddy, not a workhorse.

Anyway, anyone who knows these vehicles understands that the brakes suffer under pressure, which is why I'm here to let you know that the company I work for is organizing a Group Purchase for a Big Brake Upgrade. So, with the blessings of Sal, you can read all the details in the Group Purchase arena.

Thanks again, and keep 'em flyin'!
Don Weberg
Marketing Coordinator
STILLEN

#4 ·
hcvone said:
I was interested but you can not use 17" wheels, I use the stock chrome wheels for winter tires. :(

Yeah, I've just got the 17's as well. All the 'brake upgrade kits' require min. 18". I was seriously condering a new kit, but having to upgrade wheels and tires, oh my. Too much $$$. I'm going with a OE replacement from Stillen (rotors+pads) + SS brake line - $981 installed. I'll let you know if it's worth it.

#5 ·
I have used Stillen rotors on my last 3 SUV's, I was very pleased with them, I did not like their brake pads though, they stopped great but made a loud squeal because they were not shimmed, but as I said their rotors are very good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.