2003 Escalade ESV Trans Problem
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, 2003 Escalade ESV Trans Problem in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I have an issue that I brought to the attention of the dealer several times. I always get the same ...
    Dougb is offline Cadillac Owners Member

2003 Escalade ESV Trans Problem

I have an issue that I brought to the attention of the dealer several times. I always get the same "can't find a problem". I know GM is known for their smooth shifting transmissions. On my Escalade when I am traveling 18-20 MPH on relatively level or a slight grade, the trans "bangs" into 2nd. This is particularly evident when in "stop and go traffic". Anybody heard of trans problems like this. My concern is that if I don't continue to document by bringing it to their attention when I bring it in for service, I may have problems when the trans does go "down the road."

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Re: 2003 Escalade ESV Trans Problem

I had to reprogram my computer to get those types on shifts As long as you have your problem listed on the work order you will have a paper trail that should help with any problems later

larry_chip is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

had a problem like that with my 03 EXT, everytime i got ready to stop the Tranny would kick real had back in to First, Caddy dealer said it was a bad seal on the tranny, Soon as i got it back she did it again, Then the caddy dealer called me like a week later because they got a Fax From GM Telling to that the PC Was off in the car & that the Shifts from 2nd to 1st was too hard, they reprogramed it & it's fine now.

I Think it was only on the 03's

Dougb is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Mine is an '03 as well. Sounds like a simple programming issue. Thanks. What is a "PC" (sorry I'm not familiar with the abbreviation I plan on returning to the dealer tomorrow...but any other technical feedback is always appreciated.

skaha is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I had the same thing on my 03. It clunked into 1st all the time at low speed and when stopping. Not smooth at all. I took it back and they checked the list of fixes from GM and same as Larry.... they just reprogrammed the computer with a couple of updates and now it's all good. The other update they did was for a dash / headlight flicker that happened while driving - now that is fixed too.

larry_chip is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

when i said PC i ment like the Computer/Brain in the truck.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.