2003 Escalade ESV Trans Problem
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, 2003 Escalade ESV Trans Problem in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I have an issue that I brought to the attention of the dealer several times. I always get the same ...
    Dougb is offline Cadillac Owners Member

2003 Escalade ESV Trans Problem

I have an issue that I brought to the attention of the dealer several times. I always get the same "can't find a problem". I know GM is known for their smooth shifting transmissions. On my Escalade when I am traveling 18-20 MPH on relatively level or a slight grade, the trans "bangs" into 2nd. This is particularly evident when in "stop and go traffic". Anybody heard of trans problems like this. My concern is that if I don't continue to document by bringing it to their attention when I bring it in for service, I may have problems when the trans does go "down the road."

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Re: 2003 Escalade ESV Trans Problem

I had to reprogram my computer to get those types on shifts As long as you have your problem listed on the work order you will have a paper trail that should help with any problems later

larry_chip is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

had a problem like that with my 03 EXT, everytime i got ready to stop the Tranny would kick real had back in to First, Caddy dealer said it was a bad seal on the tranny, Soon as i got it back she did it again, Then the caddy dealer called me like a week later because they got a Fax From GM Telling to that the PC Was off in the car & that the Shifts from 2nd to 1st was too hard, they reprogramed it & it's fine now.

I Think it was only on the 03's

5. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

Dougb is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Mine is an '03 as well. Sounds like a simple programming issue. Thanks. What is a "PC" (sorry I'm not familiar with the abbreviation I plan on returning to the dealer tomorrow...but any other technical feedback is always appreciated.

skaha is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I had the same thing on my 03. It clunked into 1st all the time at low speed and when stopping. Not smooth at all. I took it back and they checked the list of fixes from GM and same as Larry.... they just reprogrammed the computer with a couple of updates and now it's all good. The other update they did was for a dash / headlight flicker that happened while driving - now that is fixed too.

larry_chip is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

when i said PC i ment like the Computer/Brain in the truck.

9. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.