Cadillac Owners Forum banner
8K views 38 replies 15 participants last post by  KrazyKeith 
#1 · (Edited)
Electronics Multimedia Vehicle Technology Vehicle audio

I recently bought a beautiful 2004 Escalade. Vehicle is a dream (supercharger, upgraded sound, DVDs in headrests, 22 OZ Canyons) except for the buttons on the damn stock Nav system. They are worn through even much worse than in these pics from the August e-bay ad. Has anyone else had this issue and how did GM treat you?

So far GM Canada warranty department and one local Cadillac dealer is giving a stiff one where I don't need it, saying that they have never heard of reports of premature wear and tear, but yet this must be wear and tear, since the buttons get pushed. I think they are pissed that I saved about 20g and bought the vehicle in San Antonio rather than in Canada....

I just don't get how there can be such 2 bit buttons on such an expensive vehicle.

At any rate, if others have navigated sucessfully through this problem, I would appreciate your tips for doing so. I don't feel like dumping 2g for another stock nav system. Whom might I contact to get a reasonable answer?(aka they replace the Nav system). GM may think this is a nuisance but my other vehicle is a 2003 Denali, which I have already purchased extended warranty on, and I am considering getting extended on the Sclade, but they ain't getting any moe money out of me if they cannot stand behind their vehicle while it is still under factory warranty! Included some other pics of the whip for fun as well. Electronics Multimedia Vehicle audio Vehicle Technology

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Tire

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Trunk Mode of transport

Auto part Engine Vehicle Car Automotive design

D

See less See more
#34 ·
I just called my Cadillac Dealer (Red Noland of Colorado Springs, CO) They told me that I would not be able to get just the buttons that I would have to replace the entire unit. Is there any way that I can get the buttons shipped to me through another dealer? I saw you talking about that somewhat but who specifically do I need to contact. Also, some clwon scratched up my seat-cooling button as well as one of the buttons on the rear seat control unit. Ahh! Are these able to be replaced as well.
Thanks for all the help!

#37 ·
As I said above you can get these through my parts guy Luke.
Just PM "Lindsay Cadillac Parts" or post your request in the Lindsay Cadillac area of the Vendors forum.
His contact information is in there too.

#38 ·
Hi ewill3rd
Thanks so much for providing such wonderful info. You are a great resource on this forum
How are the buttons actually changed, once the unit is removed from the dash?
My Escalade is a 2005 ESV Platinum with touch screen nav unit. Are these buttons different than the 04's?
And one other question, can the steering wheel buttons be replaced also, and if so how are they replaced?

#39 ·
ewill3rd,

can you please PM me with the info needed to replace these buttons myself. I am gonna go ahead and order them. all the buttons on the right side of my navi unit and just about fully yellow, I've got 90k on my lade so I guess its expected after reading this thread. Your help is much appricated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.