Hypertech Programmer III
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Hypertech Programmer III in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Curious if anyone here has used a HyperTech Power Programmer III with a 00' lade. Or any lade for that ...
    Flossin is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Hypertech Programmer III

Curious if anyone here has used a HyperTech Power Programmer III with a 00' lade. Or any lade for that matter... and if you think it is worth the purchase. Can it increase your horsepower -and- help with fuel efficiency? What kind of experiences have ya'll had with this product?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Re: Hypertech Programmer III

I have been playing around with a Preditor Programmer that they sent us for trial on my Escalade, it works very well and can be fully customized to your mods no matter what they are by the factory. I personally tried several Hypertech units a few years ago without much success, maybe they are better now but I have not seen many posts where people were happy with them

Daryl in KY is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade

Flossin, I attempted to use a Superchips reprogrammer on my '00 Lade. The instructions were common for the Tahoe, Lade, etc. and were not specific on how to disable the On-Star & anti-theif system on the Lade. I evidently did not get the anti-theif system adequately disabled. The computer sensed the intrusion and disabled the vehicle. I had to have it towed to the Caddy dealer for a reprogram. I lost confidence in the device and returned it. It ended up being an expensive experiment.

I put a Superchips device on a '97 F150 and was very pleased with the results on it. The main advantage on the F150 was an improved shift pattern, which allowed the engine to rev higher before shifting, allowing the OHC engine in those vehicles to rev into their power band, which improved the performance significantly.

However, the engine on my Lade has a very differnt power band and the tranny shift points are IMO, pretty good. There is the issue of timing advance that most of the reprogramming includes, which also requires 93 octane fuel. In my area 93 octane gas is a 20 cent premium over 87 octane. At gas prices of $130, that was quite a hike to try to justify for improved gas mileage. However as gas approaches $2 a gallon, it is easier to justify paying 20 cents more a gallon.

Just my 2 cents worth, some food for thought.

Flossin is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Thanks for the info... Yea I got a buddy who was using one on a similar model Yukon he no longer has and he offered the hypertech programmer to me for free. I checked it out and its a compatible model. So what the hell, I figure I'll try it... Ill let ya'll know how it goes. Hopefully I wont end up having to get a tow to a Caddy dealer!

Daryl in KY is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade

Flossin, may I suggest that you call Hypertech and ask for specific instuctions for your Lade. Explain to them that you have heard a horror story about the anti-thief system and see what they tell you. Good luck.

joshuap is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Escalade EXT

I have the SuperChips for my 04 ext and love it. They tell you exactly what fuses to pull in the manual.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.