what's the popular cat-back exhaust on Escalades? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, what's the popular cat-back exhaust on Escalades? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; If I may jump in.... not sure this holds any weight but we sell more Corsa's for the Escalade than ...
    Lil Devil is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: what's the popular cat-back exhaust on Escalades?

If I may jump in.... not sure this holds any weight but we sell more Corsa's for the Escalade than any other brand. Borla would be second. Again, this is just based on pure #'s (purchased units).

Both Gibson and Magnaflow cat-back systems are also excellent products IMHO and I have heard of very little fitment issues.

I personally run a Magnaflow on my Chevy Truck and love it. Growls when it needs to but also quiet when it is supposed to.

I am on my 6th exhaust on my 2002 corvette (experimenting) and currently have a Borla stingers. Fit was perfect and the tips are a work of art. I do get some resonance a low RPM's which is typical of Borla. My next set will be Corsa's....

Oh yea ... and don't forget Bassani... they make a sweet system for 2002-2003 Escalades only....

Let me know if you have any questions....

:coolgleam

joshuap is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Escalade EXT

But wouldn't you say the cheaper rpice of the Corsa is the reason more individuals go with it? That isn't to say it is any better in the performance realm, or do you have first hand experience that says otherwise? Just trying to find out the truth on performance. Unlike others, I have always seen/felt a difference when I changed exhausts. I assume you don't have access to a 4-wd dyno to really determine the truth...

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

With me price of the system had nothing to do with why I purchased Corsa, I have owned 3 Borla systems (2 for Vettes I have owned and 1 for a 00' Suburban) all 3 systems were either missing parts (nut and bolts) and my last system I have to take to a muffler shop and have one section bent, there was also the interior noise and vibration. I have had several Corsa systems (2 on my 02' & 03' Z06's and the 03' Escalade) , the fit and finish were very good, no interior noise issues and all the parts were included, and best of all Corsa is licensed by GM and sold at most dealers, so there will never be a warranty issue.

Warranty issues aren't a concern of mine due to Magnuson vs. Moss and if both systems are so similar, they would have a hard time saying that the Corsa is fine, but not the Borla. I am looking for raw data on the actual numbers they are putting out. Someone has to have a dyno to check this out.

I have stock dyno numbers before I installed Volant, Preditor and Corsa, have not had a chance to go back due to being swamped this time of the year. I will get back before the weather gets to hot to compare before and after.

Quote Originally Posted by joshuap
    Warranty issues aren't a concern of mine due to Magnuson vs. Moss and if both systems are so similar, they would have a hard time saying that the Corsa is fine, but not the Borla. I am looking for raw data on the actual numbers they are putting out. Someone has to have a dyno to check this out.

They can turn down your warranty if they catch you drag racing your car or truck on the street or track, I have seen this happen to Vette and Viper owners that are customers of mine, of course most dealers would never do this, but it has happened.

Just curious, how do you like your Volant? I was tied between the Volant and AEM Brute Force, and chose the AEM cause eventually I am going to get the functional ram air hood.

After many K&N FIPK's I tried the Volant, I was very happy with the fit and finish, I would buy another Volant for sure.

kellycpi is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I am about to put a Corsa Touring and a K&N intake on my 2002 escalade. I am reading mixed opinions on the performance gain from these two upgrades. I am after the performance first, sound next. Does nayone know how this will improve? Is the K&N intake noisey?

I have the AEM Brute Force Air intake and the noise is a good bit louder when mashing on the throttle ro heavy into it. The AEM is supposed to give the most power, and the added noise is do to replacing the mufflers that are built into the plastic tubing going from the air filter, with a single straight pipe.

Lil Devil is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Most of us find that the Volant is not as noisy as the AEM and K&N as the filter box is sealed.

~Lil Devil

MakinMoney247 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I just put in a stainless steel gibson swept side exhaust(w/Magnaflow 4" rolled tip) and the K&N FIPK on my 03. It drives and sounds great. It has a nice mellow rumble when parked or at a stop and is almost as quiet as stock when cruising. When you accelerate, you can hear a nice burst of power but nothing crazy. My #1 concern with putting on an aftermarket exhaust was makings ure it was not going to be too loud outside or inside the cab. This did the trick, plus it really boosted the power of the truck.

T_Dogg8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade EXT 2003 CTS

what about fuel economy?? did anyone notice a difference?

i was thinking k&n intake and i have no idea for exhaust. i don't want something noisey (did that already with the eclipse i traded in and i have a '69 corvette w/ a 427, don't need more noise)

That is why I got a Volant over the K&N, the K&N just made too much noise.

T_Dogg8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade EXT 2003 CTS

has anyone driven a cts?? my dad has one and one of the things i like is when you're driving around town it's not loud and sounds like a normal car, but if you jump on it, it comes alive and makes some noise. that's what i'm looking for on my EXT. normal driving and idling, i don't want to be too loud, but i want to hear it when i jump on it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.