Help for a Tall guy!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Help for a Tall guy! in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I drive a 2000 Escalade which has all the front leg room in the world. I went to shop for ...
    Marc Kessler is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Help for a Tall guy!

I drive a 2000 Escalade which has all the front leg room in the world. I went to shop for a 2004 and I couldn't comfortablely fit and no seat adjustment could accommadate me. I written to GM/Cadillac and have not received any response. Apparently they're content in producing a vehicle the can fit a majority of people. I discussed this with the management at my dealership and said it's money out of their pocket if I have to go to another brand. My question is; is there an aftermarket remedy for me without having to break my bank to do it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Re: Help for a Tall guy!

Try another Escalade, my friend that is 6'6'' told me he found a difference from truck to truck, so he claims, and he just traded his 01' for an 04'

Roswell256 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

at 6'9" I've almost given completely up on finding anything that will fit me in any way shape or form that even remotely resembles normal. I drive a 94 DeVille concours. ITs big but I do wish I had more leg room.... maybe I'll look into the Escalade. thanks for the thought.

Billy94Z is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Just cut a hole in the floor and drive around like Fred Flinstone

Tell me about it... I've accually found a car that with the seat up and the sun roof open... I could poke my head in through the sunroof and drive. lol... my biggest problem is that the rear view mirror is right at eye level and block a HUGE part of my view... I have to duck to see below it... or to see some stop lights.. .you know its bad when your normal eye level is 3" below the blue line at the top of the windshield

brett79 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Just buy the 04 Escalade and take out the driver seat. You can sit in the second row bucket seat, and should have plenty of room!!! :coolgleam

Accually I used to drive a Suburban when I was a couple of inches shorter. that had a lot of room...but I've found that anything other then a Suburban/Tahoe/Yukon just doens't have any room

I haven't tried an excursion or Escalade yet but the explorer/blazer/bronco/4runner/ anything has that much room

Marc Kessler is offline Cadillac Owners Member

My preveious vehicle was a '95 Suburban which was just as roomy as my 2000 Escalade. They shared the same type of body. It's the present body style shared by yukon/suburban/sierra/chevy pickup that has this space problem. I know, I've checked them out and they're all the same.
    My wife has a 1999 Sierra 2500 extd. cab and I will be taking it to a body shop soon to see if they can find a way to rebolt the seats further back or extend the rails on the adjustment.
    My complaint is I feel this should not be a problem in the first place. If my 2000 is very roomy why would they change that.
    For the sake of this discussion I did check out the new Ford 150 and found it to have sufficient legroom. Just the thought of buying a Ford bothers me since I owned a Bronco once and swore I would never buy another Ford product.

tugrisk is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Wondering whether you found someone to adjust seats that i could visit with.
    I have 01 Deville with same problem

T_Dogg8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade EXT 2003 CTS

i'm 6'5" and i have PLENTY of room in my '02 EXT. it's actually kind of nice. but i've never let a little tight fit keep me from a car i like. before i owned a '97 eclipse that sat 3.5" off the ground. i just fell into it and drove. chances of finding something that fits are slim, so just buy what you want

T-Dizzy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 Escalade EXT 'V', 2006 CTS Sport

I have to just comiserate - I'm only 6'1 but I wish I had a little more leg room in my '03 EXT. I went from a '92 GMC Sierra to the EXT. With the gimongous console and the limited slide/recline, the EXT feels a little more like a cramped fighter cockpit than the biggest vehicle on the road ought to feel. I also have an '88 Monte Carlo SS - now that has some legroom!

b4z
    b4z is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Standard SrX grey/black

I am 6' 8" and drive a SRX.
    I have the seat all the way back and rocked up and I have
    just enough room.

msheri01 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Kessler
    I drive a 2000 Escalade which has all the front leg room in the world. I went to shop for a 2004 and I couldn't comfortablely fit and no seat adjustment could accommadate me. I written to GM/Cadillac and have not received any response. Apparently they're content in producing a vehicle the can fit a majority of people. I discussed this with the management at my dealership and said it's money out of their pocket if I have to go to another brand. My question is; is there an aftermarket remedy for me without having to break my bank to do it?
    You might want to consider contacting a mobility company. They have modified seat tracks, etc. for limited mobility use, but the extra travel may be what you need. While these companies focus primarily on items for disabled persons, if they have something that will work, I am sure they will be glad to help you. Another option might be the ESV.

Sta11ion is offline Awaiting Email Confirmation

I feel good that I am only 5 10. : ) I wish I could be a little taller but I changed my mind after reading this forum.

Machine is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Sta11ion
    I feel good that I am only 5 10. : ) I wish I could be a little taller but I changed my mind after reading this forum.
    You may feel good but you're still a runt. J/K.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.