99 Stereo installation
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, 99 Stereo installation in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hey guys, I just bought a wrecked 99 escalade and am in the process of rebuilding it. anyway the entire ...
    dnkrm is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Question 99 Stereo installation

Hey guys, I just bought a wrecked 99 escalade and am in the process of rebuilding it. anyway the entire interior will be stripped during the rebuild so i plan on starting the stereo wiring very soon and i had some q's. First, is there a factory amp on the bose system and if so where is it? If i install a new headunit do i need to bypass the factory amp or can I still use it? I considered keeping the factory system but I don't know how the subs will sound using speaker level inputs. any info is appreciated. thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

escalade20002003 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: 99 Stereo installation

I have 4 12" subwoofers in my escalade, and as far as I know there is no factory amp in the older models.

99 SKALAID is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by escalade20002003
    I have 4 12" subwoofers in my escalade, and as far as I know there is no factory amp in the older models.
    the factory amp is in the factory center console with the factory subwoofer

Where? Are you sure that ALL 2000 models have them? Because when I installed the aftermarket subs, the shop basically took everything out so that they could hide the wires better. I was at the shop during the entire istall for both the tvs and the subs and I never saw a factory subwoofer anywhere during either one of the installs. I am not trying to say that you are lying, I am just saying that I basically dismantled my entire interior during my audio and video installs and never saw a subwoofer. If all 2000 models have a factory subwoofer, would you please give me detailed directions as to where it would be located so that I could find it.

Slipknot666 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Cool Re: 99 Stereo installation

You can us the factory amp....it is in the back pillar by the factory sub. You just to turn it on....but if you want to bypass it and use an aftermarket amp just run the wires. The turn wire for the amp will be in the 2nd harenss and the color code should be pink. Also if you use the factory amp with subs the crossover on the amp will not allow full signal for the sub amp. Therfore making the subs not as loud as you would like....when you turn up the volume. Best thing to do is strip the vehicle and run new amps for the highs and subs and do it right the first time rather then piecing it together....

good luck
    I do this everyday its my job..........

friends don't let friends install,
    slipknot666

Quote Originally Posted by Slipknot666
    You can us the factory amp....it is in the back pillar by the factory sub. You just to turn it on....but if you want to bypass it and use an aftermarket amp just run the wires. The turn wire for the amp will be in the 2nd harenss and the color code should be pink. Also if you use the factory amp with subs the crossover on the amp will not allow full signal for the sub amp. Therfore making the subs not as loud as you would like....when you turn up the volume. Best thing to do is strip the vehicle and run new amps for the highs and subs and do it right the first time rather then piecing it together....

good luck
    I do this everyday its my job..........

friends don't let friends install,
    slipknot666
    are you retarded there is no factory subwoofer in a 1999 or 2000

BeelzeBob is offline I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!

Quote Originally Posted by 99 SKALAID
    Can you say "relax"?
    If this site has helped you save money, please consider helping it continue to do so. Click here for information!

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Collaziano
    Can you say "relax"?
    yup sure can.... i can even spell it

i find it iritiation that people who dont know what they are talking about can post advice

In defense of the person that you called retarded, you are the one who originally replied to this post and said.

If he is retarded, so are you because you said that there is a factory subwoofer first. I am not trying to start an arguement with you, I am just saying that you should not talk down on him when you made the same mistake.

skides1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

All you guys are "retarderd". All 99-00 escalades have a Bose Waveguide sub integrated into the center console. The vents for the sound are in the front firing forward for correct sound staging as opposed to rear staging which would be like going to a concert and listening with your back turned to the stage. Ignorance is truly irritating on this site.

white ghost is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Can someone tell me what this looks like please as I am lost and in germany there is least amount of help when it come sto Audio installation.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.