Turbo kit
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Turbo kit in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Are any of you guys interested in a turbo kit for the 6.0 trucks? does anyone know of any kits ...
    dubs+4 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Turbo kit

Are any of you guys interested in a turbo kit for the 6.0 trucks? does anyone know of any kits currently available? Very interested in feedback. thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Re: Turbo kit

A shop that I work with is a Turbo Technology dealer and he was asking me if I was interested, maybe if these Escalade's has Allison transmissions, but another 100-150 hp would be nice.

Jungle George is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ad.php?t=10362

The post I made about my Supercharged Escalade.

Now that I've driven it for a couple of weeks, I can tell you that this baby will surprise tons of people out there, I love it when I'm on the freeway and I see a car accelerating next to me to cut me off and I just give it a little gas and they can't figure out why they don't have room.....

A turbo is much hotter to run, it's torque curve is not very flat, whcih means that the horsepower comes in at a higher RPM, if you engineer it for torque then you don't have enough top end, if you engineer it for HP then you don't get the torque you want, also they are very sensitive to spinning and coking the bearings after you shut off the engine.

The spinning after shutoff is one of the reasons why the car manufacturers stay away from turbos, the bearings get this coking from the bearings running on burned oil, and from there it's only a matter of time before the bearings are gone and then it needs a new turbo. The other reason is emissions, the exhaust cools off when it's running a turbo, this in turn doesn't keep the catalityc converters hot enough to lower emissions.

The superchargers (specially the EATON) use only 1/2 hp when not boosting, this is hardly noticeable. also they meet the durability standards set by the manufacturers and they meet emissions.

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Of course a turbo takes no hp to run unlike a supercharger, the heat thing would need some thought.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.