Service Ride Control - Escalade ESV
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Service Ride Control - Escalade ESV in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I just bought a '04 Escalade ESV yesterday and now it's showing this message "Service Ride Control". Has anyone got ...
    darthcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Escalade ESV

Service Ride Control - Escalade ESV

I just bought a '04 Escalade ESV yesterday and now it's showing this message "Service Ride Control".

Has anyone got this message on their Escalade. The used car dealer said that I just need to check the tire pressure.

I checked the "Service Ride Control" thread in the tech section, but it's mostly about Seviles and Devilles.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

shelbycobra is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: Service Ride Control - Escalade ESV

I posted a similar question about the same message on my 05 escalade. I have an appointment with the dealer's service department tomorrow so I will post about what comes out of that. I also noticed that looking from the back the drivers side looked lower than the passenger side. I parked the truck in my shop on a flat concrete floor and measured. Sure enough one side is lower than the other by over 2". Hopefully it isnt anything major, but I wonder if being lopsided is triggering a sensor causing the service ride control message?

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

After you restart the truck did the message come back? It not uncommon for that message to be displayed every so often, but it usually goes away upon restarting the truck. There are many things it could be, you have to get a Tech II Tool or equ to check for codes so you can find the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by hcvone View Post
    After you restart the truck did the message come back? It not uncommon for that message to be displayed every so often, but it usually goes away upon restarting the truck. There are many things it could be, you have to get a Tech II Tool or equ to check for codes so you can find the problem.
    I restarted it several times and after the "Driver 1" message the "Service Ride Control" message appears, but only after starting the engine. When I switch to the odometer screen, the "SRC" doesn't appear again. Maybe I need the dealer to reset the screen. I didn't notice anything different about the ride.

Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V

Quote Originally Posted by darthcaddy View Post
    I restarted it several times and after the "Driver 1" message the "Service Ride Control" message appears, but only after starting the engine. When I switch to the odometer screen, the "SRC" doesn't appear again. Maybe I need the dealer to reset the screen. I didn't notice anything different about the ride.
    Service Ride Control (Autoride for the GM Trucks), means that an internal fault has been detected in the air pump, or the shocks themselves.

Heres an easy test to see whether the pump has failed or is disconnected... Roll the left rear window down, and then start the truck with all the accesories (A/C etc) turned off so you can listen, within about 5-10 secs. you should hear the pump cycle on for about another 5-10 seconds max, and then cycle off. It sounds like a quiet but audible hum.

If you dont hear it, the pump is shot or disconnected. Otherwise, Youll need a code reading tool to determine what is setting the internal DTC to find out what specific error it is throwing, or of course, a trip to the dealer as you should still be under warranty.

The dealer replaced the suspension compressor. Fixed...no more Service Ride Control message

cd24747 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 Escalade EXT 09 CTS4

if you bought it from a dealer take it back and make them fix it or you don't want it. that will make them listen. I believe in most states they have to give you so many days to bring it back. check your local laws. They dont want the vehicle back and they don't want a bad name.

trodder is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Current: 03 Escalade Prev: 01DTS, 98Deville, 89STS, 87Fleet

Check behind the front wheels and see if one of the bars for the front sensors fell off. My passenger side one keeps falling off and it throws out the same message.

slk230mb is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): Now: 2008 STS-V, 1960 Eldorado Brougham Then: 2002 Escalade

I needed a yaw sensor on the front axle when my SSS light came on.
    ~Steve

jaswyoung is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 escalade esv

has anyone opted for the dorman pump over the Arnott? I replaced with the arnott about 18 months ago and it failed after about 12 (just outside of their warranty) the pump was fine but the exhaust solenoid had failed. they were nice enough to send me a new solenoid, but it failed after about a month. Seems to me there is an issue with dryer. Ive ordered new rear shocks and once installed, I'm going to replace the pump, but I'm thinking about replacing with dorman fully assembled unit over the Arnott pump only/dryer rebuild kit...not a huge price diff. if the original pump lasted 8 yrs, the arnott did not measure up.

Mark Edward Morrison is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    The Doorman 949-000 is what I am buying. It may be more expensive but it is OEM factory plug and play. $239 a Rock Auto.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.