what are the best intake systems?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, what are the best intake systems? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; i have an 02 escalade with the 6.0 motor. what brand of intakes should i get?...
    floridaescalade is offline Cadillac Owners Member

what are the best intake systems?

i have an 02 escalade with the 6.0 motor. what brand of intakes should i get?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Re: what are the best intake systems?

I have used K&N FIPK on several of my Suburbans, on the Escalade I went with Volant, the fit, finish and performance is very good, I would buy another one of these for sure

invincible569 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Does it make the truck sound more rough?

You get a slight vacuum noise at certain rpm's, but nothing like the vacuum sound you get from the K&N FIPK

feanwt is offline Cadillac Owners Member

intake & warranty

does the k&n or volant affect/void the factory warranty in part or in whole?

I saw my dealership installing one for a customer, I think it would depend on your dealership

larry_chip is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Dealers Can't Void Your Warranty for Things that Help The Car,
    Meaning Like a Air Intake, The After market air intakes helps the truck breath better makin this Better for your engine, So Dealers cant void it, BUT Lets say you install a Air Intake & A Big Ass BUG Gets thru Your AFTERMARKET Intake system & Causes Engine Damage Then They Can Say "IT WAS NOT OUR FAULT YOUR TRUCK BROKE!" Because you installed a After Market Part Because of that A Bug Got In & Caused Engine Damage,

But the odds are bugs are not gonna get thru & They won't say crap about it,
    My Dealer Seen Nitrous In My Camaro & He Said if the engine breaks BECAUSE OF THE NITROUS then there not going to fix it, But The starter broke a week later & They fixed it under warranty.

As for Intakes i Got a Aem Brute Force, it sounds great but it's made from steel vs K&N System thats made from plastic & I Think the steel would hold more heat causeing a loss of HP. But other then that there pretty much the same, If i was going to buy a new one i would buy K&N Intake, The only reason i got the Aem It was used on Ebay for $70 vs 250.00 for a new one.

dubs+4 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I have a MAC cold air on my truck. Its loud but made a very noticeable power gain.

larry_chip is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

whats the MAC?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.