what are the best intake systems?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, what are the best intake systems? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; i have an 02 escalade with the 6.0 motor. what brand of intakes should i get?...
    floridaescalade is offline Cadillac Owners Member

what are the best intake systems?

i have an 02 escalade with the 6.0 motor. what brand of intakes should i get?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Re: what are the best intake systems?

I have used K&N FIPK on several of my Suburbans, on the Escalade I went with Volant, the fit, finish and performance is very good, I would buy another one of these for sure

invincible569 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Does it make the truck sound more rough?

5. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

You get a slight vacuum noise at certain rpm's, but nothing like the vacuum sound you get from the K&N FIPK

feanwt is offline Cadillac Owners Member

intake & warranty

does the k&n or volant affect/void the factory warranty in part or in whole?

I saw my dealership installing one for a customer, I think it would depend on your dealership

larry_chip is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Dealers Can't Void Your Warranty for Things that Help The Car,
    Meaning Like a Air Intake, The After market air intakes helps the truck breath better makin this Better for your engine, So Dealers cant void it, BUT Lets say you install a Air Intake & A Big Ass BUG Gets thru Your AFTERMARKET Intake system & Causes Engine Damage Then They Can Say "IT WAS NOT OUR FAULT YOUR TRUCK BROKE!" Because you installed a After Market Part Because of that A Bug Got In & Caused Engine Damage,

But the odds are bugs are not gonna get thru & They won't say crap about it,
    My Dealer Seen Nitrous In My Camaro & He Said if the engine breaks BECAUSE OF THE NITROUS then there not going to fix it, But The starter broke a week later & They fixed it under warranty.

As for Intakes i Got a Aem Brute Force, it sounds great but it's made from steel vs K&N System thats made from plastic & I Think the steel would hold more heat causeing a loss of HP. But other then that there pretty much the same, If i was going to buy a new one i would buy K&N Intake, The only reason i got the Aem It was used on Ebay for $70 vs 250.00 for a new one.

dubs+4 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I have a MAC cold air on my truck. Its loud but made a very noticeable power gain.

larry_chip is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

whats the MAC?

12. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.