Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Radio Rear Display

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  invincible569 
#1 ·
I have a 2002 Escalade and there is a button on the front Bose radio that says Radio Rear Display. When I push it, it says off/on. When its on, I dont see anything light up in the back. What am I suppose to be looking at? Thanks!

#2 ·
Too funny. I was thinking the same thing yesterday when I was looking at mine. I have no idea but it would be nice to know.

#3 ·
Machine said:
Too funny. I was thinking the same thing yesterday when I was looking at mine. I have no idea but it would be nice to know.
when you turn it on and off, it turns on and off the rear speakers and allows the rear radio (which is in the center console backside) to allow the rear passengers to listen to the radio or cd while the driver and passenger listen to the radio or cd. of course if only works when the rear passengers have their headphones plugged in :)

#5 ·
In mine, the back passengers can run the disc changer or tuner independently while I listen to the single play disc throught the front speakers. It only works through the headphones in the back. The capability to do so is turned off and on by toggling between the aformentioned "Rear display" fuction on the head unit.:)

#6 ·
Why do they call it a "Rear Display"? There isnt anything displayed in the back. When I press it, nothing changes in sound. But when I press my PR button, I can hear the back speakers go off and the light turns on next to it assuming that is what you guys are referring too. The manual doesnt say anything about it either.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.