Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

Thread: When do I change my oil? Its Synthetic right?

When do I change my oil? Its Synthetic right?

Does an escalade come stock with Synthetic oil? Do I change the oil every 10k miles? Or the regular 3k? I know that the escalade has a sensor in the engine that checks for oil thickness and alerts you too.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: When do I change my oil? Its Synthetic right?

Hi -

You're Escalade came from the dealer with regular oil in it. I first changed my oil at 3K to synthetic (Mobil1 5w-30), and since then I change it at about every 5K. I just have a hard time accepting the idea that the same oil can go upwards of 8K w/out being changed - even with synthetic. Besides, after 5K your oil filter needs to be replaced, regardless.

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Re: When do I change my oil? Its Synthetic right?

As Machine said they do not come with synthetic oil from the factory I use Amsoil (only because they give it to me ) and change my oil and filter every 5,000 miles, I have had my oil tested and it shows it being good, but the price is right and I change it myself.