escalade ext off road
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, escalade ext off road in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Just wondered if anyone has been off road with their Escalade? I would never do that but I am just ...
    emho46 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade Ext 2003

Smile escalade ext off road

Just wondered if anyone has been off road with their Escalade? I would never do that but I am just curious.

Crazy man....

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

jrs05caddyext is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Escalade

Re: escalade ext off road

I never thought I would with my current 05 EXT but this last weekend I finally did it. I was up in California City with a few friends motorcycle ridding. The EXT handled pretty well

250motorsportz is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS

I've taken the escalade up in the woods, but not hardcore off-roading.

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

3-4 ft of snow in upstate NY, the roads seemed like you were off roading

8ball is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '05 Escalade EXT

I've taken through the mud before pretty dip too, once I went pass a Navigator that was stuck; I would of helped him but didn't want to get my inside dirty

justin mazzon is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 escalade

Quote Originally Posted by 8ball View Post
    I've taken through the mud before pretty dip too, once I went pass a Navigator that was stuck; I would of helped him but didn't want to get my inside dirty
    Yes, it's a lot of fun the escalade is built on a tahoe/yukon frame and is very capable off roading. Just not hard stuff since there is no low gearing. Get out there and enjoy the road less traveled!

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by justin mazzon

Yes, it's a lot of fun the escalade is built on a tahoe/yukon frame and is very capable off roading. Just not hard stuff since there is no low gearing. Get out there and enjoy the road less traveled!
    It depends on the experience of the driver but the hardware in the truck can make a difference.
    FYI there is a few differences but the gmt800 chassis is mostly the same

chacho44 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): escalade esv

I actually been thinking of lifting my esv 2", and slap 33's on my factory 20's. I won't beat it up, but ill play in some mud for sure. I'd love to see the look on ppls faces lol.

Quote Originally Posted by chacho44 View Post
    I actually been thinking of lifting my esv 2", and slap 33's on my factory 20's. I won't beat it up, but ill play in some mud for sure. I'd love to see the look on ppls faces lol.
    I have my base leveled 2" front and back looks great a little rougher ride. Went to a 2' grassy field after the rain. There's a culvert that runs thru it filled with water. Gave it some gas and made it thru. No slipping on the grass. Coming back got stuck in culvert for about 5 minutes but made it thru. Parked the esky for about 10 minutes. A gentlemen stopped with his suv and said don't go thru there EVERYONE GETS STUCK! I told me I made it-ruined his day!! Just fun on the grass!!!

Quote Originally Posted by justin mazzon View Post
    I have my base leveled 2" front and back looks great a little rougher ride. Went to a 2' grassy field after the rain. There's a culvert that runs thru it filled with water. Gave it some gas and made it thru. No slipping on the grass. Coming back got stuck in culvert for about 5 minutes but made it thru. Parked the esky for about 10 minutes. A gentlemen stopped with his suv and said don't go thru there EVERYONE GETS STUCK! I told me I made it-ruined his day!! Just fun on the grass!!!
    Actually the 2005 esky owners manual talks about off roading- section 4-17 and indicates the vehicle is very capable.

Actually the 2005 esky owners manual talks about off roading- section 4-17 and indicates the vehicle is very capable.
    My manual in my 03 talks about it also and I have had my 03 off road many times(just get a few odd looks)

Same. People can't believe were the esky can go. I am very careful not to get in over my head but I do have an extra traction devise.

Same. People can't believe were the esky can go. I am very careful not to get in over my head but I do have an extra traction devise.
    Same here always be careful when off roading

You can watch a google video of an escalade off roading at: escalade off roading on a 4x4 trail

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.