anyone have their grill painted
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, anyone have their grill painted in Cadillac Escalade Forums; the color of my escalade(2203) is diamond white and i was thinking of getting the grill painted to match the ...
    CAD-E! is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac Escalade (sold)

anyone have their grill painted

the color of my escalade(2203) is diamond white and i was thinking of getting the grill painted to match the car. i was wondering if anyone has done this any if it looks good. i've seen it on a black one and it looks pretty nice.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

skides1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Re: anyone have their grill painted

Hello, I had the grill of my Escalade painted white about a year ago and it looks great. I think it looks better than those chessy aluminum jobs. I had to have it redone once due to chipping but its well worth it.

larry_chip is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

i got it done on my Truck (Blue EXT) & I Liked it alot better then the other grills the only chrome grill i like is the Rolls Royce Style & It's like $795.00 I'd Rather pay $800.00 for other things,

The Caddy Dealer only charged me $60 Bucks to paint it blue,
    i thought even if i didn't like it it's worth 60 bucks just to try it, & when i do get board of it i can change it & i'm only out $60

i did get some chipping around the edges because of a high pressure car wash but nothing you can really see unless your looking for the chips.

i tryed to post pics but the file size is too big, if you need some post your e-mail.

dmalhi1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

a friend of mine with a diamond white ext had this done to his and i must say it looks different from the stock silver/grey paint on the grille and it kind of stands out amongst the various grille inserts you can purchase. i say you give it a go.

T-Dizzy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 Escalade EXT 'V', 2006 CTS Sport

I own a 2003 EXT White Diamond and I've got the grill painted to match the truck with all the chrome gold-plated.

Here's a pic:
    Attached Images

invincible569 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I saw one guy on the road with a black esclade with black paint and it look great! it looked more evil! Here is a pic I found that looks similar:

Fuquan is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by invincible569
    I saw one guy on the road with a black esclade with black paint and it look great! it looked more evil! Here is a pic I found that looks similar:

I have a black Escalade and I painted my grill black and the monochromatic look make it look better in my opinion.

PistolPreeth is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Personally, for a black car it can only be hot with a painted black grille or a verticle lined chrome grille

For white, u gotta get the rolls royce grille or just keep it as it is

T_Dogg8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade EXT 2003 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by PistolPreeth
    Personally, for a black car it can only be hot with a painted black grille or a verticle lined chrome grille

For white, u gotta get the rolls royce grille or just keep it as it is
    i'm not sold on the painted black grill. sometimes too much of one color is not good. as far as the vertical grill, if i wanted a truck that looked like a lincoln, i would have bought a navigator.

outofdablue is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I agree with T-Dogg. When its black you can't tell if its painted or just black plastic. With a lighter color, like white, you can definetly tell it was painted and the monochromatic effect looks a lot better.

i think if you're going to keep the stock style grill, the best would be either the stock gray, or chrome. the whole point of the grill is to be a slightly different color. however, the white doesn't look bad, but it could be mistaken for white plastic. i don't know. it's personal preference.

iPodsAndCadillacs is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I kind of agree. I wouldn't paint my black Escalade's grill white, however if I had a white one I would probably color match the grill. I've seen a few black ones with black grills, and it looks nice but I think it looks a little too different for that semi-stock looking I want. I would love to have the chrome grill from the new ESV Platnium though! The big chrome grills are cool too, but I like the stock style more for now. If I had a white Escalade I'd probably get the bigass chrome grill instead.

I've even seen a black Escalade on eBay with the "Rolls Royce style" grill but it was painted black. Kind of defeats the idea of shiney chrome, but it looked different and I'm sure if I saw it in a parking lot or on the road I'd be drooling.

which style is the 'rolls royce style'?? i'll probably go with either the mesh grill or the platinum grill. that way i get some change, but not overwhelming. i like to make sutle changes to the cars/trucks i modify so they look good, but aren't really overwhelming.

WhiteDiamond is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Rolls Royce style

ok. thanks. i haven't been a big fan of that one. i don't think it looks bad, but more than i'm looking to do. plus it reminds me of a lincoln.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.