Is the new Escalade worth this LONG wait?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
Cadillac Escalade and ESV Forum - 2015+ Discussion, Is the new Escalade worth this LONG wait? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Those that waited a long time and have finally got yours, was it worth waiting for? We ordered our new ...
    Chin1391 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Is the new Escalade worth this LONG wait?

Those that waited a long time and have finally got yours, was it worth waiting for? We ordered our new 2015 white diamond Escalade on July 11. I check every week and I know its not been that long, but its still at the 1100 status. I understand this means GM hasn't accepted our order, am I correct? Thats what the lady at customer service told me. She said to contact my dealer if I wanted any more info. Do the dealers know more than what we can find out through Cadillac? Anyone have any updates on how long its taking now? I know many of you have been waiting a very long time and still haven't gotten yours yet. I just wonder if that will be the case for us. I'm not so sure I can hold out anything like 6 months. I think I'd have to go buy something else if it gets to be that long. We went ahead and traded our 2011 and the dealer is sitting on our money. We're down to one car, which isn't a problem since I work from home, but the waiting is going to become quite bothersome if it goes a long time. I guess I'm just the "want it right now" kind of gal. My dad is a big cadillac nut and he said he wouldn't wait like this. I guess if you want it bad enough you'll wait.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CooperDay is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2015 Escalade

Re: Is the new Escalade worth this LONG wait?

It is definitely worth the wait. I was just telling a friend the other day that I have never loved a new car as much as I love this one - and I've had BMW, Lexus and Mercedes SUVs. White Diamond (which is what I got also) is a pretty popular color - are you sure there isn't one available in a dealer's inventory? Unless there was something else that was "not common" about your order I'd think you would be able to pick one up.

ROADRUNNER2 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX 2015 Escalade

I waited almost 5 months for mine to come in and yes it is absolutely worth the wait. My family really loves the vehicle. You are stuck in that transition between the current orders being filled and the updates that are coming. Gm is keeping your order at 1100 so they are not obligated to build it and your dealer has no idea if and when it will be built.

No, our dealer doesn't have any and doesn't have any coming. We'd be willing to get one from the lot if we liked it, even if it wasn't white. Our last Escalade was white. We even talked about getting a 2014. They're taking 10K off them, but I know we regret it
    once we seen the new ones. We've even talked about getting a CTSV or a new corvette, but I know I'd miss having an Escalade. Besides, we haul our 5 dogs around in them lol. We've had 2 Escalades so far. One was black, and I loved it, but our white one was
    my favorite of all the cars we've ever bought, we've had about 4 corvettes and one CTS, a GTO, a few Camaros, and a few trucks, but NOTHING tops the Escalade, in my opinion. The waiting is just really tough.

----------

WOW 5 months. Did you have anything special on it? If we're in the transition I wonder if that means just as long of a wait as you and SO many others? I'm hoping that one day I'll check the status and it will have moved a lot all at once. Wishful thinking, I know.
    wav1911 likes this.

Z71
    Z71 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS4 Blue Diamond AWD Performance Sedan

• 1100, Preliminary order accepted (This means your dealer has entered your order into their system but does not mean they have the allocation to submit the order to GM yet. Speak with your dealer to verify when they expect to be able to submit your order for production)

• 2000, Order accepted by GM (This means the order has been submitted and accepted by production. You are now on your way.)

Well 5 months from my order date, a little over 3 months from when Escalades actually were being produced.

MRANT212 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 15 Escalade ESV, 12 CTS-V sedan 08 SS,88Corvette,71Corvette

Ordered my ESV back in April and it just hit ground yesterday. Picking it up this Tuesday!! I'm pretty excited!!

Congrats! Do you know when your order was accepted by GM?

det2972 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2015 ESV Premium

Hey... I am also waiting.. I gave up calling the dealer a couple of weeks ago..lol.. he has called and I am still waiting.. I do check on the forum however and I ordered the vehicle in April.. I am still waiting but might want to get the Plat. Edition once I find out more about it.. We should have more details in August in the meantime I believe it's worth the wait.. Already had 2 other ESV's and loved them.. There really isn't any other premium SUV which come close.. So just sitting tight.. I think all of us waiting we might get all the updates since they are changes some of the spec's.. who know..

OneStepAhead is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2015 Escalade Premium - Majestic Orange Peel Black

In my experience anytime you have to wait a long time for something it ends up being dissapointing. When you are thinking about how great something is going to be for months on end, once it finally arrives it's difficult for that thing to possilby live up to your expectations.

I'm not good at waiting, but when we went ahead and traded our 2011 I prepared myself for the wait, but not sure I can wait 5 or 6 months. We could get an awesome deal on a 2014, but I'd regret it, I know.

kars79 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by OneStepAhead
    In my experience anytime you have to wait a long time for something it ends up being dissapointing. When you are thinking about how great something is going to be for months on end, once it finally arrives it's difficult for that thing to possilby live up to your expectations.
    Couldn't agree more...

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Chin1391
    I'm not good at waiting, but when we went ahead and traded our 2011 I prepared myself for the wait, but not sure I can wait 5 or 6 months. We could get an awesome deal on a 2014, but I'd regret it, I know.
    Don't get 14 no matter what kind of deal you get.
    Wahoo1 likes this.

sdgc is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 Escalade
    Why not get a good deal on 14. Don't kid yourself, to 2014 is still a great vehicle. There is nothing earth shattering in the brand new one.

Quote Originally Posted by sdgc View Post
    Why not get a good deal on 14. Don't kid yourself, to 2014 is still a great vehicle. There is nothing earth shattering in the brand new one.
    Really, you couldn't make me go back to a 2014 now that I had my 2015. 8 years of the same design and this 2015 makes me feel like it's a totally different vehicle. Like I changed brands. If you never had an Escalade before I could see how you would think a 2014 was cool because I did like my previous Escalade a lot.

MRANT212 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 15 Escalade ESV, 12 CTS-V sedan 08 SS,88Corvette,71Corvette

I'm picking up my 2015 ESV in Dark Granite with Shale interior on Tuesday. Ordered it back in April and just came in Thursday. I took it for a quick ride before it was prepped....night and day between the prior generation. Sure it's still a big ass box but so much more refined than the prior generation. Looking forward to Tuesday am....didn't have time to pick it up sooner.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.