Cadillac Owners Forum banner

2015 Escalade Platinum

101K views 493 replies 59 participants last post by  iRobot 
#1 ·
This information is from a dealer: "We know that these "15.5" models will usher in the new grille/logo design that we are now getting used to, but the Platinum package will still be more distinguished with special grille treatment, new wheel designs, and back end changes. Haven't seen it yet, so I can't fully describe the changes, but these are the real deal.

Inside, there will be two new interior environments accompanied by more plush carpet and a suede headliner to accent the special picked wood trim. At this point, the ultraview roof is still a rumor, but is expected. As we have grown accustomed to with the last gen Platinum package, headrest DVD/Blue Ray players will be standard fare as well.

The Big Changes

Power 2nd row seating(!!!) will be standard, along with the birds-eye view feature we have already heard about and the 8 speed tranny. The front center console will also have an optional cooler(!!!) or laptop tray. Lastly, there will be privacy curtains/sunshades in the back two rows as well.

All we can wait for now is confirmation on the ultraview roof and more bespoke color options and (hopefully) a future engine upgrade, and we will be good! I can't wait to start selling these things!"

True, the dealer might be selling rumors, but this rumor seems to be fairly consistent.

See less See more
#2 ·
So many of the items listed should have been on the premium. GM knows that they should have had these options from the start, and that's why they are rushing the Platinum. I was more interested in paying 100k before they were introduced. Now that I have one, I can tell you they are not worth 100k with any amount of options. When you buy a 100k body on frame vehicle, you will get in it and say where did my money go? You don't get that feeling in a Range Rover, AMG or M product. A dressed up Tahoe/Titain/Tundra is only worth so much money in my opinion. If you want to see what a 100k should get you look at the new S Class (luxury) or new Z07 (performance). These vehicles offer class leading value for the price. Don't get me wrong I love my Escalade, but it just made more; sense back in 2002 for 50K. I got one just after college and the looks, luxury and comfort seemed like a deal for the price.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#26 ·
I am with you, but we can't put value on another's passion, or tell another person how to spend his or her money.
Still a little mind boggling for a GM automobile.
Personally, I view it as a car that will eventually be parked next to some ghetto hooptie at a WalMart, and not a piece of jewelry.
Someone puts a door ding in a 100K car might mean the death penalty to some.

#9 ·
I 100% agree, for a body on frame the Platnium will be as good as it gets. I just wish Cadillac would give us a feature/ option that the Germans have not had for 10 years, for our 100k. The only unique impress your friends feature I can think of on the Escalade is the center airbag. This is also standard on the base Tahoe. The XTS is getting massage seats can that at least trickle down to the Escalade for 100k.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#7 ·
perlmane said:
This information is from a dealer: "We know that these "15.5" models will usher in the new grille/logo design that we are now getting used to, but the Platinum package will still be more distinguished with special grille treatment, new wheel designs, and back end changes. Haven't seen it yet, so I can't fully describe the changes, but these are the real deal. Inside, there will be two new interior environments accompanied by more plush carpet and a suede headliner to accent the special picked wood trim. At this point, the ultraview roof is still a rumor, but is expected. As we have grown accustomed to with the last gen Platinum package, headrest DVD/Blue Ray players will be standard fare as well. The Big Changes Power 2nd row seating(!!!) will be standard, along with the birds-eye view feature we have already heard about and the 8 speed tranny. The front center console will also have an optional cooler(!!!) or laptop tray. Lastly, there will be privacy curtains/sunshades in the back two rows as well. All we can wait for now is confirmation on the ultraview roof and more bespoke color options and (hopefully) a future engine upgrade, and we will be good! I can't wait to start selling these things!" True, the dealer might be selling rumors, but this rumor seems to be fairly consistent.
I think this was posted in gminsidenews.

#13 ·
I believe that the 8 speed will automatically be in all models.. not only the plat. edition.. I think everything is on hold..till the launch of the Plat. .. I have had a premium on order since April.. it has not been built as of yet and order sitting.. I strongly believe that the new changes will be on the new built.. Only my guess.. it's a pretty good one.. no?

#16 ·
I think the article states that all 6.2 engines will automatically get coupled to the new 8G.
My worry now is - How much is the Platinum going to weigh?
Pano roof, power 2nd row seats, refrigerated cooler, hopefully dual exhaust, dual headrest screens in addition to over head screens, powered sunshades, extra camera systems...

#25 ·
I have not cancelled the order yet.. I am leaving it open.. till we get more info on the Platinum.. The dealer has told me that I can make the switch and not worry about the order which has been in the system since April.. I wouldn't mind getting into the platinum but need to see everything and see if it's actually worth the cost..Plus I need to know when and how much longer I would have to wait.. If it's another couple of months no issues but I can't be waiting for 5 or 6 months.. It's already been a while..

#27 ·
I doubt well see it come in at 100. 95 tops is my guess. I'm going to go with 93'870.

A piece of jewelry gets noticed by very few. Your vehicle gets noticed by everyone, and people make assumptions based on what you drive. As George has pointed out, some people don't want those assumptions being made about them. I personally enjoy the attention, I have people actually flag me down in parking lots to ask me about this vehicle. A 5 year old actually shouted at me last week as I drove by "now THATS a nice car!". Never had that happen in my 2012. Ok, so it was a little kid, but so what! :)

#29 ·
Platinum already comes with upgraded wheels, you don't pay extra for them. I have a feeling you could make a deal to have the cat back thrown in for free, depending how much they'd already discounted the purchase price. It's possible platinum will come with a different exhaust already.. Probably dual from the muffler. But hey, maybe it will be the cat back.

#30 ·
I have heard that they will have a dual exhaust.. I would like to see the wheels which they will release.. I ordered the polished black wheels.. but lets see what they do.. If I like it and we can work it out I will order it.. but we have another week or so.. but they never release on time.. so in the meantime my dealer has to get me a loner.. because My kids return from camp in PA.. August 6 and the others August 16.. so I hope he comes threw.. Once I have something to keep.. I can wait for the Plat. Edition.. but I am really worried about the wait time.. I think it's going to be slow.. it might take a few months just to get that one.. I have already waited since april..

#38 ·
Maybe Ford has learned from Cadillac's screw up.
or maybe they had their own.

We can order cars from the factory overseas and get the vehicle in about 3 months.

I checked with a few local Cadillac dealers and orders coming in in Jul. are from 5 months ago, in Feb.
The orders that came in in June were from 5 months before, in Jan.
I have only been waiting 10 weeks, so probably another 10 weeks to go.

I drove Corvettes and Thunderbirds and then switched to Cadillacs.
But I started to get concerned about attracting unwanted attention when traveling.
around the time that Michael Jordan's father got killed for his Lexus.
So I switched to plain vanilla vehicles AWD Subarus and AWD Toyota Sienna XLE Limited.
But now I am getting bored with Plain Vanilla vehicles.
So now we have a 2014 Mercedes and a 2015 Cadillac Escalade ESV Premium on order.

Maybe with the long wait there will be time to get my order upgraded to the 2015.5 and the Platinum ESV with whatever options.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.