Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Kona Interior Color. Why did you pick it?

26K views 27 replies 10 participants last post by  714Cadi 
#1 ·
Hello!

I am currently looking at ordering a 2015.5 Cadillac Escalade Premium with the Kona leather interior. For you guys who have the Kona, what do you think of it? Would you order it again? and What made you order it? and for the guys who still haven't received their Escalade but they did order it with Kona, why did you pick the Kona interior color?

Thank You!

#3 ·
I have ordered the Kona/Plum comb back in April.. my order still has not been built.. I am sure they are waiting for the updates for the vehicle and maybe then start.. I really like the Kona because after having the light color and having a large family the interior takes a beating.. I keep it clean but wanted a change from the blacks and light colors that were offered before.. Plus when I saw it at the New York car show it really looked good and figured what the hell.. .. So went for it..
However I never thought I would still be waiting..lol.. but sitting tight to see what happens

#4 ·
The sema truck at our shop is white with kona, if I was getting another Escalade I would have ordered this color, but after driving it around for several weeks I like getting back in my platinum with black interior, so I am just not as sure as I was if I was buying it

#5 ·
I also am unsure of the Plat edition.. I had a 03 Plat.. but I ordered the premium.. I am still waiting to find out more about the Plat and then make up my mind.. I only know of a few changes.. They have a new leather interior which is darker then the Kona.. I would like to see it before I make the change.. In the meantime I think I will be happy with the premium..

#8 · (Edited)
It might just be me, but although the Kona is offered with all of the colors, IMO, it only goes with the white colors. And very well at that.
Kona/black, Kona/red, Kona/plum, Kona/silver? I'm not seeing it.
Maybe Kona/silver coast, maybe...no not that either.
I'm not getting who thought those colors actually go with one another.
Like I said, might just be my tastes.

I like the leather quality upgrade, but damn, it should also be offered in the shale and black.

#9 ·
There adding a new color interior with new wood trims.. Haven't seen it but saying it darker then Kona and better leather.. dual exhaust (maybe).. different wheels, rumor might be 24's.. some changes in front grill and lights.... There might be some other things.. but thats all I could find out for now.. price will be additional cost for the few thing up to 15G's.. Even if you order it which they say first week in August I don't see them making the vehicle and taking delivery till at least November..

----------

I here you.. I actually thought the same way.. will the two go together.. but after having black and white and silver vehicle all the time.. what the hell go for the different look.. the interior goes with everything actually.. It's the better leather and I think it look great with all the colors.. but white does make it stick out more..

#14 ·
I gave you a like just because you were able to post photos directly...:)
It was the same when I ordered my S-Class last year; the computer generated photos of the "braun" interior were so dark, in real life, the brown interior is lighter, although not as "orange" as the top picture would suggest. Still glad I got it, but it was not as advertised in the website photos...

#12 ·
I could be wrong here but I believe Ford uses the same leather in the King Ranch editions.
Nice, soft, bright, what you would expect from a leather upgrade.
Problem is that if you have kids, expect this leather finish to wear fast, soak up liquid instead of repel, and to not hold up as well or as long.

It's definitely an adult option.

#13 ·
It is kind of orange, closer to the top picture. The bottom picture is 100% incorrect. I don't love it in person, but it's growing on me. It's better than all black that's for sure. Is it worth 2 grand though? Probably not. I wish it did look like the bottom picture because I'd of gotten it in a heartbeat.

#22 ·
bummer... I like the dark brown in the website photos... but not the lighter orange/brown.
I guess I will go with black.
Thanks for the responses.

----------

Real nice ride,
If I wanted a car S class would be my choice..
Ya, MB S550 is a real nice car... but $120K and no remote start??? I guess you have to just send your butler out to warm it up for you.. LOL

#15 ·
I have teenage kids.. not to much to worry about.. It will get dirty for sure but it's better then the light colors.. plus I didn't really care for black.. I would like to see how the new interior looks.. wish they can post more info on the site so we can do more research and make a proper choice

#19 · (Edited)
I worried too, but 8 months and no scrapes yet...:) Even with the amg package, MB designed the front skirt very well...

Edit: It looks much closer to the curb than it was...:)
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Alloy wheel

That's one thing I don't like about 2015 Escalade looks; that black plastic front skirt, it's even more prominent that last gen, and makes the front look too long compared to the lower height of the rest of the car... Does that make sense?
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Tire

I'm like a kid with a new toy, love being able to show pics inside my posts...:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.