Put deposit down today!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
Cadillac Escalade and ESV Forum - 2015+ Discussion, Put deposit down today! in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I have given up on the 2015.5 lol. Biting the bullet and taking delivery of my White diamond/ Shale Premium ...
    Wahoo1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Escalade

Put deposit down today!

I have given up on the 2015.5 lol. Biting the bullet and taking delivery of my White diamond/ Shale Premium next week.

I talked to the dealer that said I had a 2015.5 on order yesterday. He swore up and down that it was ordered and "accepted to be built." When I kept pressing for an order number or where it was in production, all communications stopped. I was able to confirm with Cadillac that the 2015.5 are not going into production until Fall, so I am moving on. I located a White Diamond/ Shale coming into another dealer and put a deposit on it. Keeping fingers crossed it shows up

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

kars79 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by Wahoo1
    I have given up on the 2015.5 lol. Biting the bullet and taking delivery of my White diamond/ Shale Premium next week. I talked to the dealer that said I had a 2015.5 on order yesterday. He swore up and down that it was ordered and "accepted to be built." When I kept pressing for an order number or where it was in production, all communications stopped. I was able to confirm with Cadillac that the 2015.5 are not going into production until Fall, so I am moving on. I located a White Diamond/ Shale coming into another dealer and put a deposit on it. Keeping fingers crossed it shows up
    Great to hear you are finally getting your escalade.
    Congrats.
    It's a awesome ride.
    Everytime I drive it
    I fall in love with it.
    ROADRUNNER2 and Wahoo1 like this.

Re: Put deposit down today!

Me too. I'm driving an '09 Luxury now, so it is going to be a huge upgrade. I also got the power assisted steps, which I haven't had before. I will just need to get used to how quiet it is. I love the vroom when I start mine up now.

reels is offline Cadillac Owners Member

At the rate they are going, you may get the upgrades by default.

ROADRUNNER2 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX 2015 Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by Wahoo1 View Post
    Me too. I'm driving an '09 Luxury now, so it is going to be a huge upgrade. I also got the power assisted steps, which I haven't had before. I will just need to get used to how quiet it is. I love the vroom when I start mine up now.
    Good luck with your purchase, hopefully you found an honest dealer. You will love the Escalade when you get it. The refresh stuff aren't enough to wait for, besides you get to keep your wreath! When I first start mine it has that nice tone and rumble for a second to remind me how my previous one sounded. This one is definitely not to quiet when you hit the gas to pass someone.

2010drive is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Quote Originally Posted by ROADRUNNER2 View Post
    Good luck with your purchase, hopefully you found an honest dealer. You will love the Escalade when you get it. The refresh stuff aren't enough to wait for, besides you get to keep your wreath! When I first start mine it has that nice tone and rumble for a second to remind me how my previous one sounded. This one is definitely not to quiet when you hit the gas to pass someone.

OneStepAhead is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2015 Escalade Premium - Majestic Orange Peel Black

Quote Originally Posted by 2010drive View Post
    It's really not, we don't even know that it will include 8 speed or anything else. The only thing worth waiting for is platinum in my opinion. I have 8 speed in my GC Summit now and I notice no real world differences. I'd rather have the wreath than 8 speed honestly.
    CooperDay likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by OneStepAhead View Post
    It's really not, we don't even know that it will include 8 speed or anything else. The only thing worth waiting for is platinum in my opinion. I have 8 speed in my GC Summit now and I notice no real world differences. I'd rather have the wreath than 8 speed honestly.
    To each there own, I personally don't want to spend 80K just to have an outdated model in 30 days...might as well go buy a 2014 platinum for 20K off if you want to do that.

ROADRUNNER2 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX 2015 Escalade

To each there own, I personally don't want to spend 80K just to have an outdated model in 30 days...might as well go buy a 2014 platinum for 20K off if you want to do that.
    I know it's easy for me to say since I already have mine, but I'm going to consider it a limited production model.

Quote Originally Posted by ROADRUNNER2 View Post
    I know it's easy for me to say since I already have mine, but I'm going to consider it a limited production model.
    Ha, theres one way to look at it...Maybe it will be worth more because it's so rare

I have a feeling that with the new body style, there will be a high demand for the new body style used. No one will care if it was a 2015 or 2015.5. Everyone will want the "new cadi" without the new cadi price. I will trade for the platinum in a year or two, maybe. Gm discount gives a little more flexibility.

That said, the old body style looks like a dinosaur to me now. Wouldn't buy a 2014 for that reason, no matter how great the deal. I am keeping my '09 for the teenager, so I will already have one of those archaic things sitting around lol
    OneStepAhead and gmfamily like this.

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Quote Originally Posted by OneStepAhead View Post
    REALLY, the 8 speed was night and day difference in my wife's srt8 GC compared to the 5 speed one year earlier, better mileage and performance.
    2010drive likes this.

Yep, in fact I notice the vehicle doesn't even use 7th or 8th gear when I'm driving. I think you have to be going at break neck speeds to reach 7th and who the heck knows for 8th. So I'm driving around on 6 gears most of the time anyways. My girlfriend actually doesn't like the 8 speed, she says it shifts too much. Night and day difference though? Definitely not. Marginally different at best, for me anyways. I don't keep track of my gas mileage so I can't comment in that regard. Now the crest on the other hand, that is night and day difference

Choccachino... I can dig it.

image.jpg

George C is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

IMO,
    The reason for more gears is to allow engineering to design a cam to further tighten max torque into a smaller RPM window. This allows for a smaller engine to be tuned to deliver bigger engine performance, and to be tuned for max MPG.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.