2015 ESV Problems...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac Escalade and ESV Forum - 2015+ Discussion, 2015 ESV Problems... in Cadillac Escalade Forums; ...
    dernob is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2015 Escalade, 2014 CTS

2015 ESV Problems...

I've already had many problems with my 2015 Escalade ESV. I bought one of the very first ones at the beginning of April. I have been very tolerant of the problems due to the new model launch. I can handle the little things that go wrong, but now we are down problems that are not being resolved.

I'm at my whits end, I now wish I had never bought the thing!

Unlike almost every review I’ve read, I think the ride quality is absolutely TERRIBLE!

Sure, it's got a silky smooth ride "feel" to it, but drive the vehicle on a road trip for 4+ hours and you will soon learn that it's stiffer than a 3500 pickup truck. The ride literally beats your brains out, and after 4 hours, I am physically worn out from each bump that sends a shock through your body. I should say that we sold our Suburban to buy the ESV. The older models floated like you were on a cloud. I describe the new ride as “solid steel wrapped in velvet”. GM went backwards on the stiffness.

Additionally, we have a reverberating noise in the back seat when you over large bump. It makes your ears hurt like the bass on the radio is up super loud (radio is off). My kids are actually getting sick riding in the back seat!

Lastly, when you get out on a concrete surface highway at 70+ mph, there is a rhythmic sensation where the tires feel like they are bouncing down the road. This was amplified because the dealer delivered my vehicle with the tires set to 45-47 lbs of air in each tire. Dealer's suggestion was the tires were too high and said everything was working properly. However, the feeling is still there and I have the tires set at the recommended tire pressure.

So disappointing compared to the old ride quality!

Is anyone else having any of these problems?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

zerdian1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 15 Escalade ESV, 14 Mercedes, had Vette, Cadillacs, & Chevy

Re: 2015 ESV Problems...

This doesn't sound right. Have you been working with your dealer? Contact the Cadillac Customer Care thread and they should work with your dealer to correct the problems, if they are correctable.
    I ordered the vehicle for our long drives. Hopefully, the symptoms you are having are not going to happen for those of us who have yet to receive our vehicles. Most all the reviews say its a great ride.
    no one has mentioned the problems you have been experiencing.

714Cadi is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '08 Escalade ESV

Quote Originally Posted by dernob View Post
    I've already had many problems with my 2015 Escalade ESV. I bought one of the very first ones at the beginning of April. I have been very tolerant of the problems due to the new model launch. I can handle the little things that go wrong, but now we are down problems that are not being resolved.

Unlike almost every review I’ve read, I think the ride quality is absolutely TERRIBLE!

Sure, it's got a silky smooth ride "feel" to it, but drive the vehicle on a road trip for 4+ hours and you will soon learn that it's stiffer than a 3500 pickup truck. The ride literally beats your brains out, and after 4 hours, I am physically worn out from each bump that sends a shock through your body. I should say that we sold our Suburban to buy the ESV. The older models floated like you were on a cloud. I describe the new ride as “solid steel wrapped in velvet”. GM went backwards on the stiffness.

Additionally, we have a reverberating noise in the back seat when you over large bump. It makes your ears hurt like the bass on the radio is up super loud (radio is off). My kids are actually getting sick riding in the back seat!

Lastly, when you get out on a concrete surface highway at 70+ mph, there is a rhythmic sensation where the tires feel like they are bouncing down the road. This was amplified because the dealer delivered my vehicle with the tires set to 45-47 lbs of air in each tire. Dealer's suggestion was the tires were too high and said everything was working properly. However, the feeling is still there and I have the tires set at the recommended tire pressure.

Hate to hear things like this dernob... Don't just accept problems like this, go back to dealer and document these problems. At least that way you may have recourse to your state's lemon laws...
    Is your car set to Sport? Maybe ride will change with Comfort setting and reducing your cold psi to 30-32lbs...

johncel1005 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac
    I'm also having a vibration problem with my premium. It's not a ESV but it's got a terrible vibration in the rear of the vehicle over 70 mph. I already had the dealer look at it. They state the tires are the problem, I guess the two months it sat in Texas waiting to ship may have damaged the tires. Not sure I agree to that theory but we'll fine out Thursday when they install a new set of tires. I'll let you know the outcome.

sdgc is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 Escalade
    It's not uncommon to have bad vibration from bad tires from factory. Do they already have a lot of weights on them?

evois is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 escalade hybrid

did you have it in sport suspension? I noticed the ride to be a bit stiff in sport mode.

zerdian1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 15 Escalade ESV, 14 Mercedes, had Vette, Cadillacs, & Chevy

dernob,
    My Corvette was always in sport and I drove corvette many times several hundred miles at a time for 3 hours and the steering and suspension were always tight, but never felt it was as you describe your ride. Yes my Cadi felt like it was too soft. In the winters up North I always drove an AWD vehicle. The Escalade ESV will allow me to have my AWD, cargo hauler and Cadi in one vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by sdgc
    It's not uncommon to have bad vibration from bad tires from factory. Do they already have a lot of weights on them?
    They have very little weight on them. The dealer already tried to balance them on a road force balancer. The vibration is sever at 78 mph, even if shifted into neutral the vibration doesn't change. That tells me it's definitely a tire, wheel, hub or rear axle. It can't be in the driveline because in neutral if would go away if it was a driveshaft, universal joint, transmission or mounts. I drive in 2 wheel drive with the sport suspension off which really shouldn't matter. I have a Maserati Granturismo that I never take out of sport and it's smooth as glass at 100 +. I have my fingers crossed that the tires resolve the problem.

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

The problem is dealerships usually do not balance enough tires to use their road force machine correctly, and many dealership techs are just not good at it, find a good wheel and tire store and your balancing problems will be over, went thru this years ago with the dealerships, of course some are better than others. On a serious note my Escalade's ride is only slightly less rough than my 14' 2500 HD diesel on 22's, on 24's and larger it is a more harsh ride than my HD, on 18's is rides like a Caddy, but I only use them in the winter. If there was a tire issue it would show up on the road force machine, I run these tires up to triple digit speeds without any problems, your truck should be smooth as glass at 70 mph.

dernob is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2015 Escalade, 2014 CTS

I am not driving in sport. Although, there isn't much difference in sport.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by dernob View Post

Hello dernob,

I am very sorry to hear that the ownership experience of your ESV has been unsatisfactory. If you could please PM me your VIN, mileage, dealership, and contact information, I would be happy to reach out to your dealership and discuss these concerns with them. I look forward to hearing from you.

Have a great night,

Austin J.
    Cadillac Customer Care

----------

Quote Originally Posted by johncel1005 View Post
    I'm also having a vibration problem with my premium. It's not a ESV but it's got a terrible vibration in the rear of the vehicle over 70 mph. I already had the dealer look at it. They state the tires are the problem, I guess the two months it sat in Texas waiting to ship may have damaged the tires. Not sure I agree to that theory but we'll fine out Thursday when they install a new set of tires. I'll let you know the outcome.
    Hi johncel1005,

I am glad to hear that you are working with your dealership to resolve this vibration concern. Please keep us posted on your visit Thursday and if the issue is resolved. If you have any questions or concerns in the meantime, please feel free to PM me.

Enjoy your evening,

Austin J.
    Cadillac Customer Care

perlmane is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None
    Actually, if a heavy weight sits on toes to long, they get flat spots that cause issues. Usually, though, the flat spots work their way out by driving on them. Usually, however, is not always.

Well like I expected, the tires didn't fix the problem. Of course, it took the dealer till 4pm to figure out there is something else causing the vibration at 70mph. I hope to have the answer tomorrow. This is really disappointing !!!

714Cadi is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '08 Escalade ESV

Quote Originally Posted by johncel1005 View Post
    Well like I expected, the tires didn't fix the problem. Of course, it took the dealer till 4pm to figure out there is something else causing the vibration at 70mph. I hope to have the answer tomorrow. This is really disappointing !!!
    John,
    This problem may be similar to one experienced by some previous gen (W221) S-Class owners, many experienced vibration @ highway speeds around 70mph... Is there steering wheel vibration too? MB forums speculated ad nauseum that it was wheel or tire related... Unfortunately, don't think the problem was solved in many cases...
    Cadillac should replace every part until problem is solved, including entire suspension and axle if need be...

perlmane is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None
    Did they check the wheel bearings?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.