Wait time for 2015 Escalade
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade and ESV Forum - 2015+ Discussion, Wait time for 2015 Escalade in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I ordered a 2015 Escalade Standard with shale interior over 4 months ago and still haven't received it yet. Is ...
    axelu is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe

Wait time for 2015 Escalade

I ordered a 2015 Escalade Standard with shale interior over 4 months ago and still haven't received it yet. Is this the normal wait time or is something wrong? Comments please.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ROADRUNNER2 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX 2015 Escalade

Re: Wait time for 2015 Escalade

Your dealer probably didn't have allocation from GM to have the order accepted. Get your order number from your dealer and ask them what status code it is at.

My car was built in the beginning of May and I have the ID #. The car is sitting some where and the dealer doesn't know where or why. Thanks for your response. Robert.

CooperDay is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2015 Escalade

Mine was built in mid May, and I purchased it May 24 (dealer had ordered it as inventory). It sat in Texas awaiting shipment until June 20. I took delivery on June 25.

johncel1005 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac
    Quote Originally Posted by CooperDay
    Mine was built in mid May, and I purchased it May 24 (dealer had ordered it as inventory). It sat in Texas awaiting shipment until June 20. I took delivery on June 25.
    I ordered my black/black premium in February, it's been built since April 20th and sat in Texas until last week when it finally shipped, my dealer received it Wednesday and I'm picking it up tomorrow. Finally !! Why did it take so long is beyond me.

ROADRUNNER2 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX 2015 Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by johncel1005 View Post
    I ordered my black/black premium in February, it's been built since April 20th and sat in Texas until last week when it finally shipped, my dealer received it Wednesday and I'm picking it up tomorrow. Finally !! Why did it take so long is beyond me.
    Shipping the Escalades out of Texas has been a problem because of some rail strike. It has backed the vehicles up at the plant. My Escalade was made one day and I was driving it the next day, but I live in Texas and it was delivered by truck.

Z71
    Z71 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS4 Blue Diamond AWD Performance Sedan

Not a strike but a rail car shortage. Because of the bad weather this spring its been slow to return empty cars to the assembly plants.

George C is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I ordered a Yukon Denali for my wife....on February 1.... And it's still at 1100.
    Meanwhile, "their" trade has an extra 9k on the meter and counting.

I guess the perfect storm of a dealer without allocation, the wrong model, a hesitant GM to screw the pooch again, and a wife who wants what she wants...

davidaugust111 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '05 EXT, '12 CTS

I, too, have a standard on order and according to my dealer there is a constraint on them. I had jokingly suggested that there would be at the time I placed the order (6 weeks ago) because all of them coming down the line already had holes cut in them for moonroofs and they denied that. Later I think the dealer looked into it and discovered it to be true. Presumably they make more money on the other models and until they catch up with demand may not make any standards.

That's kind of encouraging. Thanks

----------

That's good news for you. I guess it's good news for me too. I think I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Thanks.

johncel1005 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac
    Well I picked my black / black Premium up today. I must say it the best driving Escalade I've ever driven. This is my 5th Escalade since 2005 and it is by far the best riding and performing Escalade yet. The only problem is my 2015 Premium does not have illuminated door handles that are standard on Premium models. I'm waiting to hear Monday what they plan to do to fix the problem, short of replacing all the door handles is the only resolve I see. Other then that I love it.

perlmane is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None
    I would love to order mine, but their quality control is still not operational. Amazing! The wait continues.

OneStepAhead is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2015 Escalade Premium - Majestic Orange Peel Black

I don't know how you guys do it, ordering standard vehicles. I can never bring myself to order anything but the top trim for fear that I'll be missing something or regretting it later. Even now I have a 2015 Premium and it's eating away at me that it's not a Platinum (which at this time isn't available yet). That's part of the reason I didn't get the Range Rover (biggest reason was the smaller size) but even though the RR starts pretty close to Escalade, their top trim RR 5.0 SuperCharged Autobiography comes in around 144k. I couldn't convince myself to buy anything but the Autobiography. That and the smaller size made me go with another Escalade. I guess that's the way I've always been, anytime some tiny new feature comes to anything that I own I have to upgrade. Props to you guys for having more self control, it's never been my strong suit.

----------

I was at my local dealer last week. Still nothing but 14 Platinums parked in their flagship spots. I thought the situation would of improved by this point in time. I guess in some ways I'm lucky I got mine back in May, despite all the issues I've been having. Still waiting at this point would be driving me crazy. I'd of jumped ship to something else had it came June and still no vehicle.

George C is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

To some, including my wife, it's simply a vehicle.
    Each person has their own idea of four wheel joy.
    And actually, the option packages offer little to no resale value, so to those who don't care, it's a 10-20k waste. It's simply offered to make those of us who love fluff, happy.

I'm a truck guy. I've only owned 4x4 Ford crew cab diesels that can is tuned to run 600 horses and over 1,200 lbs of torque to the ground, that actually react when you press the accelerator. I really don't know how you guys find joy in an SUV with no actual torque to speak of. I personally wouldn't waste the time to wax one.

Next year, and after owning a long line of the same body style SDs, I'll order the first real redesign of the Ford Super Duty, in a new, all aluminum body.
    I'll be first to order, and if I have any kind of needless, silly wait like GM has ask their customers to endure, I'll go postal.

OneStepAhead is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2015 Escalade Premium - Majestic Orange Peel Black

Yeah but if you are buying an escalade you likely aren't thinking of it as just four wheels. Even if I bought a truck, I'd still get the top trim. Isn't your wife getting a Denali? Why not the base Yukon then? I can certainly appreciate people finding joy in different vehicles. I like the SUV platform better then anything else out there. Both to look at and to drive, SUV is my cup of tea.

What are you doing here if you don't find joy in SUVs and are purchasing a Denali? Theses are the Escalade forums after all... I could find joy in a truck. I'd just have to put a topper on it and remove the silly 4x4 logo or other wording I see on the side of all of them. But then I'd have an SUV basically. If they made more luxurious interiors on trucks I could definitely be swayed to try one out. If the SUVs keep getting smaller, a truck with a topper might be in my future.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.