Wait time for 2015 Escalade - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac Escalade and ESV Forum - 2015+ Discussion, Wait time for 2015 Escalade in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I joined this forum to see if there were similar delays with the Escalade and Denali. And, I'm a car ...
    George C is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Wait time for 2015 Escalade

I joined this forum to see if there were similar delays with the Escalade and Denali. And, I'm a car nut in general, so this forum is pretty good with decent people like yourself.

Like I posted before, we had the opportunity to buy an almost identically equipped and colored Escalade that was in dealer stock that our dealer could have dealer traded, and it was 10 miles down the road. At this point, who gets that shot with the new GM SUVs? She didn't want it, and I was standing there with check book open wondering WTF...
    Her vehicle, her choice. I have to respect that, but really..WTF.... The employees can get over it.
    We use her vehicle to travel, and I can't stand the 5.3l in her Tahoe no go, so I ordered the Denali to get the 6.2 to keep me a little less unhappy.
    460 flywheel? Can't be all that bad .

So, to understand people who order the standard, my wife is a perfect example.

davidaugust111 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '05 EXT, '12 CTS

[QUOTE=OneStepAhead;12783114]I don't know how you guys do it, ordering standard vehicles. I can never bring myself to order anything but the top trim for fear that I'll be missing something or regretting it later. Even now I have a 2015 Premium and it's eating away at me that it's not a Platinum (which at this time isn't available yet). That's part of the reason I didn't get the Range Rover (biggest reason was the smaller size) but even though the RR starts pretty close to Escalade, their top trim RR 5.0 SuperCharged Autobiography comes in around 144k. I couldn't convince myself to buy anything but the Autobiography. That and the smaller size made me go with another Escalade. I guess that's the way I've always been, anytime some tiny new feature comes to anything that I own I have to upgrade. Props to you guys for having more self control, it's never been my strong suit.[COLOR="Silver"]

----------
    I miss the days of my youth when I sold Lincoln/Mercury's and most cars were ordered by customers rather than purchased out of dealer inventory. We had a physically huge piece of paper and we sat down with the customer and started ticking off the items they wanted; it was much more of a custom experience. Typically there were 6 or more different colors of interiors and 2 dozen exterior colors to choose from. There were "convenience packages" but you could a la carte order any of the items if you preferred. In some cases you could even spec dashboard or seatbelt colors...

In the case of the present Escalade, I wish GM would allow me to buy the safety items as a group, but otherwise I'm happy with the base model. My wife and I hate moonroofs; we keep them closed at all times and half the time they have a small squeak or leak (as her new CTS still does), why pay extra for this? Even worse are bigger wheels; they might look a bit nicer but the constant sacrifice in ride quality with a lower profile tire is not worth it in a vehicle you're buying for ride quality, IMO. My grandkids and their friends each have their own tablets, playstations, dvd players, etc.; the last thing they wanna do is stare at the same program on the ceiling as their younger sib, so I don't need or want the ugly boxes up on the headliner. And on it goes... So to pay so much extra for things that I actually dislike is just too hard to get the few safety items I would have liked, but have managed without so far.

OneStepAhead is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2015 Escalade Premium - Majestic Orange Peel Black

So I guess that means you won't be upgrading to 24" like I did then?

Seriously though, the stock 22s ride like a dream, very smooth. The 24s are a tad stiff, but still rides fine for me. Last winter I ran 18s. It's a bit softer (really not noticeable by much to me) but it just looked so goofy on an Escalade. I am doubting one would be able to tell the difference between 20 and 22 if blind folded though. 18s vs 24s yes. 20s are probably a good compromise. Still look ok and provide a good ride quality. This winter Im going to run blizzaks on my stock 22s.

----------

Safety features for sure should be able to be added a la carte. Why deny those feature to your customers?

And to George, I meant no offense about being here. I enjoy reading your posts. Just curious as to why someone who doesn't like SUVs and already decided against the Escalade was hanging around. Glad you did!

George C is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Oh no, I was never offended. Your question was one I would have wondered myself.
    Like you, I love cars..well, trucks. This category is interesting, as are the forum members.

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Quote Originally Posted by axelu View Post
    I ordered a 2015 Escalade Standard with shale interior over 4 months ago and still haven't received it yet. Is this the normal wait time or is something wrong? Comments please.
    What color exterior? Where are you located? I have seen a few at each dealership around me, a few have been sitting for many weeks now

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.