got our new escalade
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade and ESV Forum - 2015+ Discussion, got our new escalade in Cadillac Escalade Forums; traded our GL 550 and got new black escalade premium ESV Very happy and so far feels much more luxury ...
    nariman is offline Cadillac Owners Member

got our new escalade

traded our GL 550 and got new black escalade premium ESV
    Very happy and so far feels much more luxury then Gl 550 and especially older generation escacalade

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

OneStepAhead is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2015 Escalade Premium - Majestic Orange Peel Black

Re: got our new escalade

Congrats. What year was your GL?

surburban99 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Platinum Escalade ESV

Congrats, and where are the pictures of your new ride???

Punmax is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Pictures, man! Congrats.

evois is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 escalade hybrid

that's bold trading in a gl550 for the new escalade. but then again the escalade has the looks of opulence, nice lines, nice lighting, design and proven reliability.

nariman is offline Cadillac Owners Member

thanks
    I will post photos later gl was 2010
    what you mean by BOLD?

evois is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 escalade hybrid

Quote Originally Posted by nariman View Post
    thanks
    I will post photos later gl was 2010
    what you mean by BOLD?
    there are those who like the GL so much that it is compared with the escalade. I drove a new 2013 then and wasn't impressed. got a range rover instead. but I got a new 2014 ilk 350 for my daughter and liked the nav, dvd, and mbrace unit with available apps.

Yes there aren't many that would argue the escalade beats the GL on luxury I dont think. It certainly beats it on exterior styling and size though!

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Quote Originally Posted by OneStepAhead View Post
    Yes there aren't many that would argue the escalade beats the GL on luxury I dont think. It certainly beats it on exterior styling and size though!
    My GL is the same size interior and my Escalade's, holds the same amount of stuff inside, I drive both daily the biggest difference is the Escalade appears huge, but does not hold as much as you think it would, and does not have a lot of interior room for the driver and passengers, while the gl appears to be MUCH smaller while driving it, until you start loading it up, and find out it holds the same amount of stuff as the Escalade, while offering at least as much interior room as the Escalade. I always thought the gl was smaller inside until I got one and looked at the numbers compared to the Escalade, and saw they were really the same size, and with the floor being raised it does not hold as much as my 12' because the height is now lower.

The prior gen escalade was a lot bigger than the GL 550, something like 15 cubic feet of cargo space. The new gen only beats the GL by 1 cubic feet of cargo space or something meaningless like that. When I test drove the GL 550 and GL 63 two months ago, I was still driving my 2012 Escalade. The GL felt and was a lot smaller. Compared to my 2015 the actual usable space between it and the GL is nill. I was more talking about the perceived exterior size, the Escalade looks big and bold. The GL looks wussy from the outside. The full time power third row is totally screwing us on cargo space. Hopefully in the future they make the power third row easily removable.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.