Lots of little 2015 Escalade problems...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac Escalade and ESV Forum - 2015+ Discussion, Lots of little 2015 Escalade problems... in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Got our new 2015 Escalade 2 weeks ago, and there is a ton of little things that are driving us ...
    viacorsa is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2015 Escalade

Lots of little 2015 Escalade problems...

Got our new 2015 Escalade 2 weeks ago, and there is a ton of little things that are driving us all nuts. Some might be fixable, others simply can't be changed. Honestly, I am kinda of regretting buying it.

It is the premium version with 4x4, side steps, and in black tan. Pretty enough but here are the issues -

- Garage door openers. Programmed correctly and will close the doors (all three of them) 100% of the time. However they fail to open the doors about 80-90% of the time. First day out, I was locked out the house. Now I am forced to carry a battery operated opener as well. I've documented all the failures AND made multiple videos trying to open the garage doors and will visit the dealer tomorrow.

- DVD. NO ONE knows what format the Escalade takes for movies when loaded up on a SD card. Not the sales department or service. I've tried AVI, MOV and MP4 on my own. Manual says a SD card may be used for video.

- Cooler seats don't cool.

- AC quit completely and magically came back on after I stop the car and restarted.

- When ever I switch back from a movie to the XM Radio, the system won't return to the station I last listened to but rather a random FM station.

- Clock on center console screen vanishes when the video is used. Reappears when radio or XM is used.

- "Gallons used" as part of the dash display has been removed.

- XM stations are not named by title but only by number. I have to manually type in the names

- when using the cruise control, when I adjust the speed +/-, the safe distance setting adjusts as well.

- Somehow the exterior mirrors recess via the remote. No idea what I am pushing, but there is a command to close them.

Some of these issues might be done on purpose and others are part of the learning curve. But there are several that need to be addressed.

Does anyone else have this garage door issue? I have lived in the same house for over 10 years and had a half dozen cars with programmable remotes including a 2007 Escalade and I have NEVER had this problem.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

714Cadi is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '08 Escalade ESV

Re: Lots of little 2015 Escalade problems...

Ventilated seats and AC in general work great in previous gen... Not thrilled to hear that...
    I have two college degrees and still never got my '08 garage remotes to work properly...
    If it's like MB, side mirrors can be set to fold in when car is locked via key fob, feature should be adjustable through settings menu?

OneStepAhead is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2015 Escalade Premium - Majestic Orange Peel Black

The video files that it accepts are documented on these forums. The problem your having is likely the resolution, they can't be over 720x480 if I recall correctly. Avi and mp4 both work I know that.. If they are low enough resolution.

Ive heard long pressing on the lock button on the fob locks and folds mirrors

My girlfriend complains all the time how my cooling seats aren't as good as before. I don't really use the feature much personally.

NYTFLT is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2015 Escalade, 2012 Camaro SS/RS Convertible

I don't have a Premium so can't comment on the dvd stuff. My garage door opener works great, better than my 2012 did. 2012 usually required several button pushes to open. My new one opens first push every time and from farther away. It was 90 here yesterday and the cooler seats seem to work about the same as my previous Escalades, cool but not cold. The new seats draw the air from the rear of the seat, so if you don't have the rear air blowing cold, it might make a difference. Didn't notice gallons used missing, I'll check next time I drive it. A long press on the lock/unlock fob button does indeed fold and unfold mirrors. It can be disabled in "Vehicle Settings". My XM stations have the names displayed.

My only complaint is the wrinkled passenger seat leather. Seat cover 2 is in have an appointment on Thursday. My molded mud flaps are in also, so will see how they look.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Hello viacorsa,

I am sorry to hear you are having concerns with your 2015 Escalade. I would like to reach out to your Cadillac dealership on your behalf tomorrow when you visit. Please private message me your name, VIN, phone number and dealership name and location.

I can also address a few of your concerns.

The playable movie files:.avi, .mpg, .mp4, .divx, .xvid, .wmv. The playable movie file may not be played according to the codec format. Playable codec format: divx, xvid, mpeg-1, mpeg-4 (mpg4, mp42, mp43), wmv9 (wmv3).

The Max video bitrate:
    ‐ mpeg-1: 8 Mbps
    ‐ mpeg-4 (mpg4, mp42, mp43): 4 Mbps
    ‐ wmv9: 3 Mbps
    ‐ divx 3: 3 Mbps
    ‐ divx 4/5/6: 4.8 Mbps
    ‐ xvid: 4.5 Mbps

You also stated that your XM radio reverts to the FM station. The system is designed when you hit the media source button to automatically default to FM/AM. You must hit XM after you hit the media source button to return to the XM station. The clock located on the system will not appear when watching a video since you are switched into a visual source.

Hope to hear from you soon, so we can address your other concerns with your Cadillac dealership.

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

rjm
    rjm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '11 Escalade Premium

I know it's apples to oranges, but the garage door opener on our Jag works about half the time. The car can be directly in front front of the garage even with multiple presses and/or holding the button down, it just doesn't work. If I drove the car daily, it would certainly have the service department investigate.

On all my Cadillac cars, I could ALWAYS put back the amount of fuel used as indicated by the trip computer. In the 3 years I've leased this Escalade, I've accomplished it a handful of times. Maybe that's why they removed it from the trip computer. Don't like to hear that feature has been removed.

Test drove a '15 this weekend and noticed the cooled seat was MUCH cooler than my '11' but she said the passenger seat wasn't cooling at all, which is the exact opposite of my '11. Go figure.

Your concerns give me pause, but I still can't wait for my '15 to arrive!

ROADRUNNER2 is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX 2015 Escalade

I have 7 garage doors and my remote works perfectly opening the one door it is supposed to.
    My seats cool better than my 07 Escalade, like my pants feel wet they are so cold
    You can program the the setting in Cue to display the XM by title
    My cruise control works perfect and doesn't adjust distance unless I tell it to
    Cue settings can change the recess options on the mirrors
    From Video back to XM only takes a second to change back too, especially if it is a programmed favorite station, being a little picky on that one
    Blue Ray movies work great, haven't tried an SD card yet.

NYTFLT is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2015 Escalade, 2012 Camaro SS/RS Convertible

On further consideration, after driving around in 92 degrees today in a damp bathing suit with seat cold on Hi it is NOT as cold as my previous Escalades. In fact its kinda' disappointing.

Since it runs off your air conditioner, make sure you have the cold setting as low as it will go. Mine work really well.

runutzzzzz is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by ROADRUNNER2 View Post
    Since it runs off your air conditioner, make sure you have the cold setting as low as it will go. Mine work really well.
    Not true, the seat back and bottom have their own little "air conditioning unit" The problem is the one in the back is enclosed inside this hot seat back that acts like a oven. So it's taking very hot air into and trying to cool it. The problem with that is this "air conditioner" needs to expel the heat it's making and guess where it dumps it? Right back into the seat back!

You will notice the bottom works a lot better due to the fact that it's completely open and free to expel the heat into the cabin.

With that said, the Cooled seat function for the back part SUCKS! GM should have designed the intake portion of the module to suck in fresh cabin air.

perlmane is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None
    Are you saying the seat had its own evaporator in the seat back?

Quote Originally Posted by runutzzzzz View Post
    Not true, the seat back and bottom have their own little "air conditioning unit" The problem is the one in the back is enclosed inside this hot seat back that acts like a oven. So it's taking very hot air into and trying to cool it. The problem with that is this "air conditioner" needs to expel the heat it's making and guess where it dumps it? Right back into the seat back!

You will notice the bottom works a lot better due to the fact that it's completely open and free to expel the heat into the cabin.

With that said, the Cooled seat function for the back part SUCKS! GM should have designed the intake portion of the module to suck in fresh cabin air.
    You are right, I know some cars use the main air conditioner for cooling seats and just assumed the Escalade did also. The bottom of the seat works very well and the seat back not so well like you said. On the seat back, the fan seems to suck air from that left vent and out the right vent because one is cool and one is real hot. The bottom seat works so good that I guess I never thought about the setback not being near as cold. Interesting. Probably because the main air is blowing on my upper body also.

OneStepAhead is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2015 Escalade Premium - Majestic Orange Peel Black

7 garage doors!! I only have one, and I can't even park in it as it's filled with phone cases. True story, haha. Anyone need some phone cases for 3 and 4 year old phones in questionable color choices? Free if you haul them!

George C is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Haha. Just get it over with and fill a dumpster with those old cases. You'll do it at some point...

viacorsa is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2015 Escalade

Thanks for everyone's input.

Some of the problems I listed were part of the learning curve and will be solved. Others remain BIG problems - IE the garage door openers.

It is beyond me why Cadillac removed the "Gallons Used" display or why there is no way to display the time while watching a movie. These two functions with kids are REALLY important.

FYI - I live in Arizona. When I have the kids in the car and the movie is playing, 9/10 we are going to a kid function - IE School, summer camp, movie, etc.. and I would really like to know the time as they watch a movie. I cannot believe I now have to either wear a watch or turn on my phone because the Escalade won't display it.

Further dwelling on Arizona and summer. We parents spend far too much time sitting in pickup lines at camp and school waiting....waiting..and waiting... So when the Escalade display's "30 mile range", it means almost nothing if I have to wait 15 more minutes for a swim program that is running late. *IF* I knew I had 2 gallons left, problem solved.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post

The playable movie files:.avi, .mpg, .mp4, .divx, .xvid, .wmv. The playable movie file may not be played according to the codec format. Playable codec format: divx, xvid, mpeg-1, mpeg-4 (mpg4, mp42, mp43), wmv9 (wmv3).

The Max video bitrate:
    ‐ mpeg-1: 8 Mbps
    ‐ mpeg-4 (mpg4, mp42, mp43): 4 Mbps
    ‐ wmv9: 3 Mbps
    ‐ divx 3: 3 Mbps
    ‐ divx 4/5/6: 4.8 Mbps
    ‐ xvid: 4.5 Mbps

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    I am sorry, but that doesn't help at all. I'm coming from an old Escalade that could hold 6 movies down to an Escalade that holds just one. Now what do I do?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.