Lots of little 2015 Escalade problems... - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes
Cadillac Escalade and ESV Forum - 2015+ Discussion, Lots of little 2015 Escalade problems... in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I tested this clock issue last night. I started a movie, then pressed the home button. Clock displays and the ...
    OneStepAhead is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2015 Escalade Premium - Majestic Orange Peel Black

Re: Lots of little 2015 Escalade problems...

I tested this clock issue last night. I started a movie, then pressed the home button. Clock displays and the movie kept playing on the rear screen. Now I also had mine hacked, so I can't guarantee that's how it works on a stock unit. Had I not pressed the home button video would of kept playing up front and in back.

1st time owner is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OneStepAhead
    That is extremely weird that people are looking at the exact gallons used and then replacing those gallons only. I don't get it? This isn't a Prius. To each their own I guess. I couldn't give two rips about my gas mileage, I guess that's why I drive a 6.2L v8 in the city. You really shouldn't let your gas get that low anyways, best to have at least a quarter tank minimum, that's what my old man always drilled into my head anyways. I agree there should be a secondary clock, but are there really people out there that drive 80-90k vehicles and don't have a nice time piece on their wrists? You can enable front display video in motion on the 15s, I have it on mine. It is super distracting though! ---------- Actually you can now hold possibly hundred of movies on a usb drive and play them. A lot lot better than a 6 disc DVD changer to me I don't even own any DVDs. I have movies either in digital format or bluray and my 15 supports both. It would of been pretty funny if cadillac actually put no hdmi input AND a physical disc changer in our 15s! You can physically change a disc faster than a disc changer would anyways, so it seems like a non issue to me. I'd rather not play the old "guess which slot little mermaid is in on the disc changer" with my kids I for one was super impressed with Cadillacs response. You asked what video formats it plays and they gave a super detailed answer of not only what container formats it supports, but also what codecs. If you don't know what those things are some google searching will teach you pretty quickly.

I just picked up my 2015 last week, and I am in the camp of not wanting to have 20 DVD's in the car. I have seen people talk about putting movies on a USB, and on an SD card. I have never downloaded a DVD on either, and I am hoping someone can help. Are either of those options fine to play movies in the Escalade? If so, what is easier &/or better?

OneStepAhead is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2015 Escalade Premium - Majestic Orange Peel Black

You don't have to download them, you can put your DVD into your computer and use a program to convert them to files that are playable on the Cue system. That kind of information can be found all over the internet. It's been awhile since I've done it, so I'm not sure what the best software is these days. I'd look for software that is advertised as being for DVD to MP4 conversion. Lots of one click solutions out there. It's going to be a pain and time consuming though if you have a large collection of DVDs to convert. I never bought DVDs, I always just downloaded pirated files off the Internet. These days however I just buy everything on bluray or stream live over Amazon Instant Video, VUDU and Netflix.

If I have some free time I'll write up a guide that is Cue specific someday.. But any how-to guide about converting DVD to MP4 or AVI should work, as long as you stay within the boundaries of what Cue can play. If you are converting DVDs i don't think you'll reach those boundaries, but say you were converting blurays instead, the Cue system might not be able to play a super high bitrate 1920x1080 file. We know Cue will play anything below 720x480 though (which is the max DVD resolution) so conversions of DVDs should be fine.

----------

Honestly though if you have kids and are looking for something that's easy, I'd just plug an ipad or iPhone into your Escalade that is loaded up with movies you've already bought on iTunes. Also lots of DVDs these days come with a coupon to download a free digital copy. Check inside your DVD cases for information.
    RippyPartsDept likes this.

viacorsa is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2015 Escalade

Update to this thread.

Homelink SUCKS. I have filed numerous reports with them and they just tell me to switch out batteries and erase and start over. Garage doors still do NOT open and Homelink is currently ignoring my requests for help.

The dealership still doesn't know what format the videos need be in and have no interest in sorting it out for me. I have however finally downloaded a video program mentioned earlier and will begin that task next week.

Most of the other issues have been sorted out
    wav1911 likes this.

15escalade is offline Cadillac Owners Member

New to the Escalade here. Took delivery of 2015 on Friday (three days ago). Friday night we were headed to a party in 95 degree heat and turned on the AC seats. By the time we got there my back was BURNING up! There are two vents in the back of the drivers and passengers seats. The outside vent on both blow HOT air which in turn makes the back of the seat hot. The problem is BIG in my eyes and two fold. One, the back of the seats heats when it should be cooling! Two, if there are passengers in the middle row seats they are getting hot air blown on them in hot weather???? Seriously??? What was Cadillac thinking?

----------

Laura M.
    Took delivery of '15 on Friday the 22nd. We used the AC seats Friday night and were very confused at what happened and happens when using them. The outside vent on the back of both seats blow HOT air which in turn heats up the seat back, defeating the "cooling" sensation. In addition, if and when we have kids / passengers in the back middle row they will have hot air blowing on them in already hot conditions. This to me sounds ridiculous and not sure how something could be designed in such a way. Are we doing something wrong or is this really what we have to deal with? Please advise.
    Tim C.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Hello Tim,

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your recent purchase! I certainly do not want your Escalade ownership experience to be negative. I would like the opportunity to further discuss your concern regarding hot air blowing from the outside vents on the back of your seats. Please send me a private message that includes your full contact information, VIN, and dealer name and location.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

kars79 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by 15escalade
    New to the Escalade here. Took delivery of 2015 on Friday (three days ago). Friday night we were headed to a party in 95 degree heat and turned on the AC seats. By the time we got there my back was BURNING up! There are two vents in the back of the drivers and passengers seats. The outside vent on both blow HOT air which in turn makes the back of the seat hot. The problem is BIG in my eyes and two fold. One, the back of the seats heats when it should be cooling! Two, if there are passengers in the middle row seats they are getting hot air blown on them in hot weather???? Seriously??? What was Cadillac thinking? ---------- Laura M. Took delivery of '15 on Friday the 22nd. We used the AC seats Friday night and were very confused at what happened and happens when using them. The outside vent on the back of both seats blow HOT air which in turn heats up the seat back, defeating the "cooling" sensation. In addition, if and when we have kids / passengers in the back middle row they will have hot air blowing on them in already hot conditions. This to me sounds ridiculous and not sure how something could be designed in such a way. Are we doing something wrong or is this really what we have to deal with? Please advise. Tim C.
    I have the exact same problem
    Turning cooled seat my back gets hot
    Not only me
    My wife feels same way

With my 2010 platinum seats would get real cool.
    Too many little annoying problems with current truck.

ROADRUNNER2 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX 2015 Escalade

Mine does this also. When I first got the Escalade it was fine, but now the back of the seat feels likes the heated seats are on. I swear sometimes I turn on the cooled seats and it's great and I can feel the air blowing out of the seats really good, then other times I don't feel the air blowing out the seats and this is when the back gets hot. The bottom seems to be okay, just the back is terrible.

Wahoo1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Escalade

Same issue. When I use the cooled seat, the back of the seat feels like it is on fire. Kinda defeats the purpose of a cooled seat.

kars79 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 escalade
    I think it might be a engineering problem,

It does feels like heated seat is on in my back.
    Very annoying when it's 100 degrees outside.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Hello kars79, ROADRUNNER2, and Wahoo1,

I apologize for this issue with the cooled seats in your Escalades and I understand how displeasing it would be to deal with this during the summer. If you would like to PM me with your VIN, mileage, dealership, and personal contact information, I would be happy to reach out to your dealership on your behalf. If you don’t want your dealership to address this concern at the moment, you can still provide me with the information and I will document it within our system to use internally and save for future reference.

Enjoy your evening,

Austin J.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Salvage101 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Escalade

everybodys worring about the clock and garage door opener and everything else. Just wait until the whole truck starts falling apart i.e. peeling pillars (oh ya the pillars are now plastic..even better quality) , faded emblems, faded door moldings, fake leather cracking, motor knocking, door handle falling off, dash board has 8 inch crack outta no where, peeling chrome, valve body in your tranny, and everything else under the sun thats going to fail within 3 years. All things that should never of failed on a brand new car never mind a $85k one. ( from what i can remember with my 08) getting rid of that rat was the best thing that happened to me I actually p*ssed on it before i got rid of it and i never looked back, I will never buy another gm product ever again as long as i live. I seen $500 cars that held up better than this rat and were more reliable. Kiss that nice 85 grand goodbye! Oh ya when you have a problem with your 100k suv, cadillacs answer is going to be were sorry your experiencing issues with your cadillac we will replace your faded $200 emblems for free.....NOT lol

perlmane is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None
    Quote Originally Posted by Salvage101 View Post
    everybodys worring about the clock and garage door opener and everything else. Just wait until the whole truck starts falling apart i.e. peeling pillars (oh ya the pillars are now plastic..even better quality) , faded emblems, faded door moldings, fake leather cracking, motor knocking, door handle falling off, dash board has 8 inch crack outta no where, peeling chrome, valve body in your tranny, and everything else under the sun thats going to fail within 3 years. All things that should never of failed on a brand new car never mind a $85k one. ( from what i can remember with my 08) getting rid of that rat was the best thing that happened to me I actually p*ssed on it before i got rid of it and i never looked back, I will never buy another gm product ever again as long as i live. I seen $500 cars that held up better than this rat and were more reliable. Kiss that nice 85 grand goodbye! Oh ya when you have a problem with your 100k suv, cadillacs answer is going to be were sorry your experiencing issues with your cadillac we will replace your faded $200 emblems for free.....NOT lol
    That was not my experience with Cadillac. In fact, you just did a good job detailing my experience with my MB E430. What a nightmare that was.

ROADRUNNER2 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX 2015 Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by Salvage101 View Post
    My 07 didn't have any of those issues at all. When I traded it in it was sold the next day. Sounds like you didn't do your part in maintaining the vehicle, or your just ranting because you can't afford a new one.

si mike is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None
    I didn't have that issue either with my 09 ESV I actually stood and said goodbye big dog when I traded it in. Sorry I won't drive anything but an escalade you must be just whining because you can't afford the new one .

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.