Lots of little 2015 Escalade problems... - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac Escalade and ESV Forum - 2015+ Discussion, Lots of little 2015 Escalade problems... in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I tested this clock issue last night. I started a movie, then pressed the home button. Clock displays and the ...
    OneStepAhead is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2015 Escalade Premium - Majestic Orange Peel Black

Re: Lots of little 2015 Escalade problems...

I tested this clock issue last night. I started a movie, then pressed the home button. Clock displays and the movie kept playing on the rear screen. Now I also had mine hacked, so I can't guarantee that's how it works on a stock unit. Had I not pressed the home button video would of kept playing up front and in back.

1st time owner is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OneStepAhead
    That is extremely weird that people are looking at the exact gallons used and then replacing those gallons only. I don't get it? This isn't a Prius. To each their own I guess. I couldn't give two rips about my gas mileage, I guess that's why I drive a 6.2L v8 in the city. You really shouldn't let your gas get that low anyways, best to have at least a quarter tank minimum, that's what my old man always drilled into my head anyways. I agree there should be a secondary clock, but are there really people out there that drive 80-90k vehicles and don't have a nice time piece on their wrists? You can enable front display video in motion on the 15s, I have it on mine. It is super distracting though! ---------- Actually you can now hold possibly hundred of movies on a usb drive and play them. A lot lot better than a 6 disc DVD changer to me I don't even own any DVDs. I have movies either in digital format or bluray and my 15 supports both. It would of been pretty funny if cadillac actually put no hdmi input AND a physical disc changer in our 15s! You can physically change a disc faster than a disc changer would anyways, so it seems like a non issue to me. I'd rather not play the old "guess which slot little mermaid is in on the disc changer" with my kids I for one was super impressed with Cadillacs response. You asked what video formats it plays and they gave a super detailed answer of not only what container formats it supports, but also what codecs. If you don't know what those things are some google searching will teach you pretty quickly.

I just picked up my 2015 last week, and I am in the camp of not wanting to have 20 DVD's in the car. I have seen people talk about putting movies on a USB, and on an SD card. I have never downloaded a DVD on either, and I am hoping someone can help. Are either of those options fine to play movies in the Escalade? If so, what is easier &/or better?

OneStepAhead is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2015 Escalade Premium - Majestic Orange Peel Black

Re: Lots of little 2015 Escalade problems...

You don't have to download them, you can put your DVD into your computer and use a program to convert them to files that are playable on the Cue system. That kind of information can be found all over the internet. It's been awhile since I've done it, so I'm not sure what the best software is these days. I'd look for software that is advertised as being for DVD to MP4 conversion. Lots of one click solutions out there. It's going to be a pain and time consuming though if you have a large collection of DVDs to convert. I never bought DVDs, I always just downloaded pirated files off the Internet. These days however I just buy everything on bluray or stream live over Amazon Instant Video, VUDU and Netflix.

If I have some free time I'll write up a guide that is Cue specific someday.. But any how-to guide about converting DVD to MP4 or AVI should work, as long as you stay within the boundaries of what Cue can play. If you are converting DVDs i don't think you'll reach those boundaries, but say you were converting blurays instead, the Cue system might not be able to play a super high bitrate 1920x1080 file. We know Cue will play anything below 720x480 though (which is the max DVD resolution) so conversions of DVDs should be fine.

----------

Honestly though if you have kids and are looking for something that's easy, I'd just plug an ipad or iPhone into your Escalade that is loaded up with movies you've already bought on iTunes. Also lots of DVDs these days come with a coupon to download a free digital copy. Check inside your DVD cases for information.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.