Lots of little 2015 Escalade problems... - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac Escalade and ESV Forum - 2015+ Discussion, Lots of little 2015 Escalade problems... in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Wow, you are living on the edge. If you can't trust the DTE gauge, then you shouldn't be trusting the ...
    ROADRUNNER2 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX 2015 Escalade

Re: Lots of little 2015 Escalade problems...

Wow, you are living on the edge. If you can't trust the DTE gauge, then you shouldn't be trusting the gallons used gauge down to the last gallon. The DTE is based on the gallons used so as you sit there another 15 minutes, the DTE should go down also.

Sounds like you need a new home link module if the one you have is intermitant .

If you don't have the energy to look at your phone for the time, then while the movie is playing, you can touch the home button and the time will show, then you can flip right back to the movie, takes like 2 seconds. That only distracts from the player in the dash, the other video screens won't be affected.

You can't watch 6 movies at a time so I don't really see a problem loading a new movie when you need it. At least it can play BluRay movies now. Once you figure out that SD card and making movies work on that, you will be fine. You just need to find someone that knows about that stuff to show you how.

viacorsa is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2015 Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by ROADRUNNER2 View Post
    Wow, you are living on the edge. If you can't trust the DTE gauge, then you shouldn't be trusting the gallons used gauge down to the last gallon. The DTE is based on the gallons used so as you sit there another 15 minutes, the DTE should go down also.

Sounds like you need a new home link module if the one you have is intermitant .

If you don't have the energy to look at your phone for the time, then while the movie is playing, you can touch the home button and the time will show, then you can flip right back to the movie, takes like 2 seconds. That only distracts from the player in the dash, the other video screens won't be affected.

You can't watch 6 movies at a time so I don't really see a problem loading a new movie when you need it. At least it can play BluRay movies now. Once you figure out that SD card and making movies work on that, you will be fine. You just need to find someone that knows about that stuff to show you how.

I also like to compare the gas I pump at the station to what is displayed on the dash. I shouldn't have to justify my love of this function here, just take my word that I am pissed it is gone.

As for watching 6 movies at a time, think about your next road trip. Nice to load up the DVD player with 6 movies as you head to Disneyland and NOT have to screw with finding a disk somewhere in your luggage in Yuma, Arizona. Again...I am pissed they changed this too. The advice from Cadillac earlier in this thread is all but useless.

Lastly the clock. again..I shouldn't have to justify the need, but consider this. Driving to school in heavy rush hour traffic is the last place I should have to mess about pressing buttons or flipping iPhones. If Cadillac is out there reading this, just add back a clock onto the console screen when movies are playing.

714Cadi is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '08 Escalade ESV

Quote Originally Posted by viacorsa View Post
    Lastly the clock. again..I shouldn't have to justify the need, but consider this. Driving to school in heavy rush hour traffic is the last place I should have to mess about pressing buttons or flipping iPhones. If Cadillac is out there reading this, just add back a clock onto the console screen when movies are playing.
    This is why most luxury makes include a conventional clock in the dash, make it a nice design and it even adds class to the entire interior...

2010drive is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

I didn't know people still use DVD's? I thought everyone was onto digital movies on iPads...guess not.

Oh I believe you are pissed about the Gallons Used screen being gone, I just don't understand why it is such a big deal. You have the right to be pissed though.

Are you sure the 6 DVD changer wasn't aftermarket? My previous Escalade didn't have that and I just never heard of it from Cadillac factory. I have kids also and we have taken 2 different trips to Disney World in the Escalade. They took like 20 movies and put them in two Walmart bags in the second row and just kept pulling out the ones they wanted to watch and my wife would load them up in the player. I can honestly say we never thought that was a hassle, especially since it took 2 days of driving to get there. If I only had 6 movies pre-loaded, of course they would be the wrong movies and I would have to reload something else anyway. Dads can't get that stuff right.

And the clock again in your scenario, not mine, can easily be seen on any other screen besides the Video screen. If you are driving down the road you can not see the movie being played on the dash player because by law Cadillac makes the screen go blank so you are not distracted. Since the movie screen is blank anyway, all you have to do is hit the Home button(or Nav) after you load the movie and the clock will be there. I really don't see the problem here at all except that you liked the clock in the dash and wish this one had it also. But you can see a clock while the movie is playing.
    OneStepAhead likes this.

evois is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 escalade hybrid

Are you sure the 6 DVD changer wasn't aftermarket? My previous Escalade didn't have that and I just never heard of it from Cadillac factory. .
    if you have the OEM rear DVD, it does come with 6 disc DVD changer and can add an aux if you want to use an iPhone, iPad, etc.

OneStepAhead is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2015 Escalade Premium - Majestic Orange Peel Black

That is extremely weird that people are looking at the exact gallons used and then replacing those gallons only. I don't get it? This isn't a Prius. To each their own I guess. I couldn't give two rips about my gas mileage, I guess that's why I drive a 6.2L v8 in the city. You really shouldn't let your gas get that low anyways, best to have at least a quarter tank minimum, that's what my old man always drilled into my head anyways.

I agree there should be a secondary clock, but are there really people out there that drive 80-90k vehicles and don't have a nice time piece on their wrists?

You can enable front display video in motion on the 15s, I have it on mine. It is super distracting though!

----------

Quote Originally Posted by viacorsa

I am sorry, but that doesn't help at all. I'm coming from an old Escalade that could hold 6 movies down to an Escalade that holds just one. Now what do I do?
    Actually you can now hold possibly hundred of movies on a usb drive and play them. A lot lot better than a 6 disc DVD changer to me I don't even own any DVDs. I have movies either in digital format or bluray and my 15 supports both. It would of been pretty funny if cadillac actually put no hdmi input AND a physical disc changer in our 15s! You can physically change a disc faster than a disc changer would anyways, so it seems like a non issue to me. I'd rather not play the old "guess which slot little mermaid is in on the disc changer" with my kids

I for one was super impressed with Cadillacs response. You asked what video formats it plays and they gave a super detailed answer of not only what container formats it supports, but also what codecs. If you don't know what those things are some google searching will teach you pretty quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by evois View Post
    if you have the OEM rear DVD, it does come with 6 disc DVD changer and can add an aux if you want to use an iPhone, iPad, etc.
    Ok thanks, I wasn't sure on that. I looked in the options for a 2014 and couldn't find it.

viacorsa is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2015 Escalade

Anyone here seen the movie "Spy Kids 2"?

Remember the scene where Carmen and Juni get their level 2 secret agent wrist watches from their uncle Machete? Those little gadgets can do everything under the sun..everything that is except tell time. Then they meet up with their level 1 counterparts Gerti and Gary who are issued wrist watches that actually tell time? Then the whole thing turns into this sort of running joke for the rest of the movie.

I feel this Escalade was only granted level 2 clearance by Cadillac. Here they have this amazing dashboard with all this custom configuration and a HUD display on the windshield. It can do just about everything...except tell time.

While we can all go back and forth and talk about clocks and gallons, I've still got a 2015 Escalade that has an intermittent AC, garage doors that won't open, and cooler seats that don't cool all while battling the Arizona summer.

Don't get me wrong, I actually kinda like the 2015 Escalade, but it certainly falls short for what I expected. Clock and gallons included.

NYTFLT is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2015 Escalade, 2012 Camaro SS/RS Convertible

Got the seat cover installed today. Looks great !!
    gmfamily likes this.

runutzzzzz is offline Cadillac Owners Member

You are right, I know some cars use the main air conditioner for cooling seats and just assumed the Escalade did also. The bottom of the seat works very well and the seat back not so well like you said. On the seat back, the fan seems to suck air from that left vent and out the right vent because one is cool and one is real hot. The bottom seat works so good that I guess I never thought about the setback not being near as cold. Interesting. Probably because the main air is blowing on my upper body also.
    You would think the seat back fan works like that. It's just open on the inside. The hot air exit is near the right vent. The seat back could be better designed. I was going to work on getting some tubing so the hot air exited outside the seat back.

CRASCH is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 ESV platinum

I understand and agree with your points. I have one on order and have a platinum ESV.

Not having a clock and the gallons used is a bummer, and I'll miss them.

I'm not as bummed about the lack of a changer. Most of the DVD's in my car got ruined. I'm actually excited about the ability to play movies off of an SD card and feel this will be far superior.

Yes it will be a bit of a pain to set up, but it isn't that hard if you have a computer with a DVD / Blu ray player, plenty of storage and an SD card slot.

I've ripped a large amount of my DVD's using MakeMKV, these are mostly kids videos.

I then use HandBrake to make the video files (choose from the list provided in the thread earlier). There are presets that work just fine. Simply copy the resulting file to the SD card.

I also have windows media center to record kids TV shows, and use MCEbuddy to automatically strip commercials and make videos in the right format.

A 128GB SD card costs about $100 and I can fit over 400 shows on a single card. There are two SD slots in the new Escalade. I'm looking forward to not listening to the same movies over and over again, and I won't miss trying to find a working DVD from the glove box...

In case anyone is really paying attention, I cancelled my order and my wife wanted a GL63, she decided to take the original Escalade we ordered instead...
    OneStepAhead likes this.

OneStepAhead is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2015 Escalade Premium - Majestic Orange Peel Black

Quote Originally Posted by viacorsa View Post
    Anyone here seen the movie "Spy Kids 2"?

Remember the scene where Carmen and Juni get their level 2 secret agent wrist watches from their uncle Machete? Those little gadgets can do everything under the sun..everything that is except tell time. Then they meet up with their level 1 counterparts Gerti and Gary who are issued wrist watches that actually tell time? Then the whole thing turns into this sort of running joke for the rest of the movie.

I feel this Escalade was only granted level 2 clearance by Cadillac. Here they have this amazing dashboard with all this custom configuration and a HUD display on the windshield. It can do just about everything...except tell time.

While we can all go back and forth and talk about clocks and gallons, I've still got a 2015 Escalade that has an intermittent AC, garage doors that won't open, and cooler seats that don't cool all while battling the Arizona summer.

Don't get me wrong, I actually kinda like the 2015 Escalade, but it certainly falls short for what I expected. Clock and gallons included.
    It's clear that you have kids as you just recited 5 different character names from that movie! I have trouble remembering more than the main characters name even for TV shows that I've seen the entire season of! I'm going to guess you either have an excellent memory or have seen Spy Kids 2 over 20 times?

----------

I thought it was already said though that you can still see the time while a movie is playing on the back screen, you just have to press the home button after you start the movie?

Another option you might want to consider if you are stuck on a DVD changer is just buy one and run it into the yellow composite input that's behind your center console?

My platinum 2012 had rear entertainment but no changer. It must be an option in lower trims or something?

----------

Quote Originally Posted by CRASCH View Post

I'm not as bummed about the lack of a changer. Most of the DVD's in my car got ruined. I'm actually
    In case anyone is really paying attention, I cancelled my order and my wife wanted a GL63, she decided to take the original Escalade we ordered instead...
    Wow, a wife who wants a GL63 over the 550? I would think most women would feel the 63 was too excessive in the performance category and on the pocketbook. That's awesome though!! I showed my girlfriend the GL 550 and 63. Lucky for me she didn't like either and LOVED her Jeep GC Sunmit. I kept my mouth shut

K9Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 AWD Escalade Ultra Luxury Raven Black

They deleted the cd changer in 2010, with the new updated head unit.

Quote Originally Posted by K9Caddy View Post
    They deleted the cd changer in 2010, with the new updated head unit.
    That explains why I couldn't find it. So that has been gone awhile.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.