luxury or premium?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac Escalade and ESV Forum - 2015+ Discussion, luxury or premium? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; hi at this moment I drive mersedes GL 550 but I like new Escalade and probably going to get 2015 ...
    nariman is offline Cadillac Owners Member

luxury or premium?

hi
    at this moment I drive mersedes GL 550 but I like new Escalade and probably going to get 2015 ESV for lease

I know there is luxury and premium models

was curious if premium worth it

it comes to 100 more a month for premium

luxury was 84 k and premium is 88k

any suggestions?

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

OneStepAhead is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2015 Escalade Premium - Majestic Orange Peel Black

Re: luxury or premium?

For me yes, the full speed adaptive cruise was a very important feature for me. The added impact collision stuff, rear seat entertainment and illuminated door handles were just icing on the cake (for me). I'm not sure how a 4K increase amounts to $100 a month on a lease though. It should be more like $50 a month as you are only paying the depreciation of those items, not the entire thing. Based on what we've seen from dealers, you can likely get that 88k MSRP down to at least 85 if not lower.

kars79 is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 escalade
    It actually is $100 more due to residual for premium is 2 point lower.

CooperDay is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2015 Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by OneStepAhead View Post
    For me yes, the HUD and full speed adaptive cruise are two very important features for me. The added impact collision stuff, rear seat entertainment and illuminated door handles were just icing on the cake (for me). I'm not sure how a 4K increase amounts to $100 a month on a lease though. It should be more like $50 a month as you are only paying the depreciation of those items, not the entire thing. Based on what we've seen from dealers, you can likely get that 88k MSRP down to at least 85 if not lower.
    The luxury model does have HUD. Took delivery of mine yesterday and I LOVE it! Will try to post pics soon - it has second row bench seat.

nariman is offline Cadillac Owners Member

thanks
    but the deal did not work out
    they give me 4k less for my trade then i expected

My bad about the HUD, I was aware the luxury had HUD. It's the Standard that doesn't.

George C is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

The Denali does have HUD, as well as ADC.
    IMO, The ADC is one thing that I do not want on my vehicle.
    If a person has to rely on technology in order to pay close attention to traffic and traffic situations, that person should not be driving.
    Just like GPS, it can take you places, but then that person is so reliant on GPS doing the thinking, the driver can no longer remember how they actually got there.
    At some point, Technology will put driving senses to sleep, and when someone finds some sort of comfort with a sensor instead of confidence in his or her eyes and foot, it's time to turn the wheel over to someone more capable.

Quote Originally Posted by George C
    The Denali does have HUD, as well as ADC. IMO, The ADC is one thing that I do not want on my vehicle. If a person has to rely on technology in order to pay close attention to traffic and traffic situations, that person should not be driving. Just like GPS, it can take you places, but then that person is so reliant on GPS doing the thinking, the driver can no longer remember how they actually got there. At some point, Technology will put driving senses to sleep, and when someone finds some sort of comfort with a sensor instead of confidence in his or her eyes and foot, it's time to turn the wheel over to someone more capable.
    Adc on Denali is not full speed so kind of pointless.
    OneStepAhead likes this.

reels is online now Cadillac Owners Member

A difference in opinion on ADC. At highway speeds where there is plenty of distance between vehicles ADC is very handy. I can not imagine it in stop and go traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by reels
    A difference in opinion on ADC. At highway speeds where there is plenty of distance between vehicles ADC is very handy. I can not imagine it in stop and go traffic.
    It actually is pretty good on stop n go traffic
    I have been using it for 2 months.

ROADRUNNER2 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX 2015 Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by kars79 View Post
    It actually is pretty good on stop n go traffic
    I have been using it for 2 months.
    The ADC works for sure, but that first few times when someone is braking in front of you it takes a lot of guts to let the vehicle do the braking for you.

Quote Originally Posted by ROADRUNNER2
    The ADC works for sure, but that first few times when someone is braking in front of you it takes a lot of guts to let the vehicle do the braking for you.
    Happened to me It was kind of scary But if you leave the distance the longest settings it's better

George C is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I guess I'm old school, but the more driving technology we become accustomed to, the less skill we develop and keep. In a few years, the roads are going to be full of people who literally do not know how to drive.

ROADRUNNER2 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX 2015 Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by George C View Post
    I guess I'm old school, but the more driving technology we become accustomed to, the less skill we develop and keep. In a few years, the roads are going to be full of people who literally do not know how to drive.
    I still have a Corvette Z06 to keep my driving skills in tune. The first thing I do when I get in that car is cut all the computer nannies off. It's manual shift also.

Quote Originally Posted by reels View Post
    I got it for stop and go. Only the Escalade has full speed ACC. All lower models have partial speed.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by George C View Post
    The Denali does have HUD, as well as ADC.
    IMO, The ADC is one thing that I do not want on my vehicle.
    If a person has to rely on technology in order to pay close attention to traffic and traffic situations, that person should not be driving.
    Just like GPS, it can take you places, but then that person is so reliant on GPS doing the thinking, the driver can no longer remember how they actually got there.
    At some point, Technology will put driving senses to sleep, and when someone finds some sort of comfort with a sensor instead of confidence in his or her eyes and foot, it's time to turn the wheel over to someone more capable.
    No one said I was RELYING on it. It's just a nice feature to have. A damn nice feature. I use GPS too and can very clearly remember how to get places.

FYI it's actually ACC, not ADC.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autonom...control_system

What I really want is Super Cruise, where the car steers itself too. But I suppose you wouldn't want that feature. The more automation the better if you ask me. As long as you can turn it off at will of course.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.