luxury or premium? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac Escalade and ESV Forum - 2015+ Discussion, luxury or premium? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Well no, I feel I can still drive better, react better and feel much more comfortable having 100% responsibility and ...
    George C is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: luxury or premium?

Well no, I feel I can still drive better, react better and feel much more comfortable having 100% responsibility and control of my vehicle rather than falling half asleep using this "technology" that is being applied. BTW, if you engage it, you are relying on it while still assuming 100% liability.

I am sure all of the noon news commercial law firms are loving this new, huge lapse in driver control. I'm sure they are tickled pink, and are salivating to ask defendants if they were using acc or as you put it, "Super Cruise" when their car killed someone while they were not "relying" on it. I think anyone who has ever been in a court room can see this one coming down the pike. What's the defendants response going to be? It's the cars fault"?

It's a sellable gadget, and I get that. I'm not old, or old fashioned. IMO, It's just more dumbing down to the point where actual safety may be an issue.
    We have the most modern technology in todays schools, yet HS graduates can't make simple cash register change without the benefit of a register doing their thinking, or tell what time it is using hands on an analog clock.

My brain drain technology rant of the week.

OneStepAhead is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2015 Escalade Premium - Majestic Orange Peel Black

I don't actually rely on it when it's engaged, I'm still very cautious about it at this point. Maybe after I've used it for a longer time I'll feel like I can rely on it more, but my foot still hovers over the brake at this point. I just hate nothing more sitting in rush hour traffic where you move a mile in an hour. In those situations, full speed ACC will be very handy.

I disagree that you can find a high school graduate that can't make change without the help of register. It just makes it easier to do so. But hey, I also have my home automated too. My lights turn on for me when I enter a room for example. I still know how to use the light switch just fine My front door can be locked and unlocked using my phone too.

I would love to see a world where people have fully automated cars. Sounds a lot safer to me. You know how many times I've been half a sleep at the wheel after driving 10 hours straight? More then I'd care to admit. How many people get in vehicles while under the influence of a substance, or with something on their mind other then being the best driver they can be? They use auto pilot in planes and have for years, seems logical that cars would be next. Throughout history man has been replaced by machine at every possible opportunity. There are always those who resist, but resistance is futile as they say.

George C is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Distance futile?
    I agree.

Seems like I have had a million kids work registers for us over the years. Trust me, making change is a lost cause without help. And if you really want to toss a kid into a tail spin, try adding a few cents in after they hit the change due button to even out the return change.
    Brain lock commences.
    Also remember, if a plane comes within a few miles of one another, alarms go off, and there are no planes within inches or pedestrians walking in the sky...yet.

OneStepAhead is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2015 Escalade Premium - Majestic Orange Peel Black

All the more reason to pay with a credit card then. I actually pay using my phone whenever possible. People always look at me like "woah you can do that?". Super Cruise (as GM calls it) isn't without it's challenges, but it will happen. The biggest problem I've heard right now is it's failure to react to people in the road. Small hurdle, right?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=H9drn0CO8UQ

I see a commenter mentioned he'd never get it because it takes the fun out of driving. To me driving is not a fun thing usually, it's a chore. It can be fun, but putzing around town and road trips is not my idea of fun driving. It would be nice to have the option, you wouldn't have to use it all the time, just like I don't use ACC all the time.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.