First impression - not that great. - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
Cadillac Escalade and ESV Forum - 2015+ Discussion, First impression - not that great. in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Originally Posted by hcvone Of course the GL63 (all GL's) have a smaller cargo area than the ESV, but to ...
    runutzzzzz is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: First impression - not that great.

Quote Originally Posted by hcvone View Post
    Of course the GL63 (all GL's) have a smaller cargo area than the ESV, but to be fair you have to compare the GL to the standard Escalade because they are the same length, and really the same cargo area (94.2 vs 93.8) , it would be like comparing two pickup trucks one with a 6 foot bed and one with an 8 foot bed and saying I can not fit as much in the 6 foot bed compared to the 8 foot bed.
    While it's a valid point, it's not. The GL is smaller than the ESV, which if you need to space, the GL can't compete in that market. No other MFG can currently compete with size, looks and function of the Escalade / Denali.

George C is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by gmfamily View Post
    Last resort, show her the ELR Poolside Cadillac commercial. LOL
    The only hope I might have if for her to see the pics of the DW/Kona combo on this forum, but I know what the answer will be.
    She'll tell me to quit asking the same question because the answer is the same.

In reality, I drive Ford Super Duty Crew cab diesels, and that's what I like. She doesn't care what I color/packages I get, so I have to respect her choice.

714Cadi is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '08 Escalade ESV

Quote Originally Posted by George C View Post
    The only hope I might have if for her to see the pics of the DW/Kona combo on this forum, but I know what the answer will be.
    She'll tell me to quit asking the same question because the answer is the same.

In reality, I drive Ford Super Duty Crew cab diesels, and that's what I like. She doesn't care what I color/packages I get, so I have to respect her choice.
    Which car do you use on joint/family outings? Try to convey to her that since it's not a car exclusively used by a single individual, that there should be at least a dialog on what it should be...
    gmfamily likes this.

Punmax is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

One of the major thing that attracts me to the Escalade is that it's very easy to diagnose and repair. My '07 had 200K on it when it got written off, and it was still running like a champ. All fluids were original except for the engine oil. You just can't beat the overall reliability and cost to own of an Escalade when compared to it's competitors.

Quote Originally Posted by 714Cadi View Post
    Which car do you use on joint/family outings? Try to convey to her that since it's not a car exclusively used by a single individual, that there should be at least a dialog on what it should be...
    If I do that, she'll only make more sense than me.
    Here's the deal, we have a lot of hard working employees, over 50 right now, and she feels that it's boastful, and might make the employees feel that we are living high off of their backs. Employees, and customers get real funny about someone else's success, and we like to keep things running smooth. I get it, I just don't like it.. I just don't think there will be as much of a problem as she does.

Quote Originally Posted by George C View Post
    If I do that, she'll only make more sense than me.
    Like I posted before, we have a lot of hard working employees, and she feels that it's boastful, and might make the employees feel that we are living high off of their backs. Employees, and customers get real funny about someone else's success. I get it, I just don't like it..
    Screw'em... Rule with an iron fist! Just joking; totally see your point, especially if you're in a small community. It's pretty easy to flaunt where I live because no one really knows each other, and everyone does it...

Actually, it was me who ordered the Denali instead of another Tahoe.
    There was no way I was going to drive another underpowered boat with a 5.3L.

5.0 lsc is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Premium
    Well the good thing is that gm has you covered! If you think the escalade is overpriced, they have a tahoe available for you since it is "the same truck". Just dont feel funny when you come out to it one day and an escalade is parked next to you. Just different taillights headlights and grill. You are smarter because you got "the same truck" for way less. You were smart and beat the system. Everyone knows you are equal to the guy next to you in the lade. (Sarcasm).
    By the way i feel the stupid when i park my xts next to an impala or better yet a lacrosse, i paid more money for the "same car". (More sarcasim).
    The escalade driver has granite counters in their kitchen, tahoe driver laminate counters. The countertops are "the same" , how dare home depot offer the same product for such different prices? Thats how some people look at things and i understand both sides of the argument.

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0 lsc View Post
    Well the good thing is that gm has you covered! If you think the escalade is overpriced, they have a tahoe available for you since it is "the same truck". Just dont feel funny when you come out to it one day and an escalade is parked next to you. Just different taillights headlights and grill. You are smarter because you got "the same truck" for way less. You were smart and beat the system. Everyone knows you are equal to the guy next to you in the lade. (Sarcasm).
    By the way i feel the stupid when i park my xts next to an impala or better yet a lacrosse, i paid more money for the "same car". (More sarcasim).
    The escalade driver has granite counters in their kitchen, tahoe driver laminate counters. The countertops are "the same" , how dare home depot offer the same product for such different prices? Thats how some people look at things and i understand both sides of the argument.

If your post was directed towards me, I think you might consider some people are not materialistic, and do not need to wear all of their jewelry to the high school reunion for attention.
    That would be my wife..

Me on the other hand would be driving that Escalade sitting 50 miles away, today.

5.0 lsc is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Premium
    No it wasnt directed towards you personally, just my opinion of why i think multiple cars based on the same vehicle works. In the end i think the average person, including me, would not notice a huge difference in vehicles weither it be a tahoe ltz or esc. That is besides the larger powerplant. I would probably be just as well off with an impala ltz than an xts premuim. I just feel price difference justifies the differences that exist between the different cars. Actually today i saw a black escalade esv parked right near a black denali xl, both were very nice and i was blown away by both.

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0 lsc View Post
    No it wasnt directed towards you personally, just my opinion of why i think multiple cars based on the same vehicle works. In the end i think the average person, including me, would not notice a huge difference in vehicles weither it be a tahoe ltz or esc. That is besides the larger powerplant. I would probably be just as well off with an impala ltz than an xts premuim. I just feel price difference justifies the differences that exist between the different cars. Actually today i saw a black escalade esv parked right near a black denali xl, both were very nice and i was blown away by both.
    I actually feel that they are all trim levels, it's really only one car... Escalade being the highest trim level...

MrHolland is online now Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Hmmm, never thought of like that...

1BlinkGone is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): none...yet

I haven't read the whole thread, but if it hasn't been mentioned, one BIG plus IMHO for the Escalade vs a GL550 is that the GL is UNIBODY. Escalade is a body on frame truck. BIG advantage, IMO, for the Escalade. If the structural integrity of a full frame is your bag and you want a Benz, you have to buy the G series.

Advantage: Escalade.

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Quote Originally Posted by runutzzzzz View Post
    While it's a valid point, it's not. The GL is smaller than the ESV, which if you need to space, the GL can't compete in that market. No other MFG can currently compete with size, looks and function of the Escalade / Denali.
    That is if you want a ESV, if that was the only model Escalade I wouldn't be driving one, had 6 Suburban's (same length) if your not comparing the same things then a Septa bus is better because if has more space than an ESV.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by 1BlinkGone View Post
    I haven't read the whole thread, but if it hasn't been mentioned, one BIG plus IMHO for the Escalade vs a GL550 is that the GL is UNIBODY. Escalade is a body on frame truck. BIG advantage, IMO, for the Escalade. If the structural integrity of a full frame is your bag and you want a Benz, you have to buy the G series.

Advantage: Escalade.
    While that of course is true, after a dozen Escalade's my GL63 has a firmer ride than my Escalade's, and it's far more solid when hitting bumps and pot holes.

OneStepAhead is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2015 Escalade Premium - Majestic Orange Peel Black

Another big advantage of the Escalade over the GL series is you don't look like you are heading to a middle school soccer match while driving it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.