First impression - not that great. - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
Cadillac Escalade and ESV Forum - 2015+ Discussion, First impression - not that great. in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Originally Posted by 714Cadi I would freaking hope so...But should my $100K Platinum Escalade ESV have the same cheap black ...
    ROADRUNNER2 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX 2015 Escalade

Re: First impression - not that great.

Quote Originally Posted by 714Cadi View Post
    I would freaking hope so...But should my $100K Platinum Escalade ESV have the same cheap black plastic window controls of a $40K Tahoe???
    That's what I was saying earlier. A $45,000 GL350 does have the same window controls as a $100,000 GL550. Probably the same as the $125,000 GL63.

George C is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I would freaking hope so...But should my $100K Platinum Escalade ESV have the same cheap black plastic window controls of a $40K Tahoe???
    Guys,
    You are not buying a custom built Rolls Royce, Maybach or Bugatti.
    This is a General Motors assembly line produced Tahoe with a few more more trinkets to make it a Cadillac. Some are willing to pay 100K for a jazzed up Tahoe, so GM makes jazzed up parts to add in the assembly process to make it jazzed up a little more.

It's up to the buyer to make that decision of whether the truck is worth what GM is asking.. The door handles certainly don't bother me in the least.
    I very much like the Escalade, but for a sticker of around 80K to 85K tops. It's just a vehicle to me, not a piece of jewelry.

714Cadi is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '08 Escalade ESV

Quote Originally Posted by George C View Post
    Guys,
    You are not buying a custom built Rolls Royce, Maybach or Bugatti.
    This is a General Motors assembly line produced Tahoe with a few more more trinkets to make it a Cadillac. Some are willing to pay 100K for a jazzed up Tahoe, so GM makes jazzed up parts to add in the assembly process to make it jazzed up a little more.

It's up to the buyer to make that decision of whether the truck is worth what GM is asking.. The door handles certainly don't bother me in the least.
    I very much like the Escalade, but for a sticker of around 80K to 85K tops. It's just a vehicle to me, not a piece of jewelry.
    I concur... Unfortunately, I will be paying a lot more than $80K this time around for my Escalade(Platinum, don't know any GM employees), that's probably the reason for my ire... In a $80K neighborhood, the Escalade is a bit overpriced, but at least it belongs... In a $100K neighborhood, the Escalade is a complete "poser..."

I concur... Unfortunately, I will be paying a lot more than $80K this time around for my Escalade(Platinum, don't know any GM employees), that's probably the reason for my ire... In a $80K neighborhood, the Escalade is a bit overpriced, but at least it belongs... In a $100K neighborhood, the Escalade is a complete "poser..."
    We all know it, or at least "should" know the deal.

For those who actually think there is something special about a Denali or an Escalade, consider..
    The Escalade, along with the Tahoe and the Yukon are GM's self admitted profit cash cow.
    To be a cash cow, you have to give very little, and take a whole lot for it.

This vehicle class is no different that paying taxes. Less than 50% of the US population actually pay any kind of income tax, and are basically riding on our profits. And for those upper tier car buyers, expect to help GM build all of those "affordable" cars for others while fleecing us to the max...
    But, as car buyers who can afford drive something better than a Chevy Traverse, we bite hook, line and sinker...

OneStepAhead is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2015 Escalade Premium - Majestic Orange Peel Black

I dont know why everyone is so hard on the Escalade sharing parts with the Tahoe and Yukon. They way I see it that's a good thing, it means when we need to repair something the parts are cheaper and easier to obtain. Many many premium products share parts with their cheaper counterparts. That said I agree GM should do more to separate the Escalade from the other models, but does it need it's own platform? Not necessarily. Even in the 100K range, there isn't a viable alternative to the Escalade for many of us, otherwise we would of bought that instead. To me the only possible alternative is the full size Range Rover, but configured the way I'd want it it's 75% more expensive.

I don't see how its overpriced at 80, based on what? Can you show me a competitor that meets or surpasses what the Escalade has for a cheaper price?

----------

If it's a poser at 100 then why are you buying it though? I'd scoop a Platinum for 100k too, tentatively, remains to be seen what it brings to the table. Yeah there is things we'd all like GM to improve on, but the fact remains everyone on these forums is buying it anyways.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by punmax View Post
    are you serious? I have a '12 mercedes e-class, and i can find parts in the entire mercedes line-up including supercars such as the sls amg that use parts that are found inside my car.
    exactly

Tahoe07 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Wow...I had no idea such a simple observation would cause such debate, especially considering the majority of those criticizing the Escalade are current owners! I really hate having to keep the 3rd row seat in as it does take a lot of cargo space away. Now coming from a Tahoe (one one before it) I sure don't want a Tahoe, but being 6'4" and 205lbs I am infinetely more comfortable in my Tahoe than my wife's 2011 E Class. So I don't want another Tahoe and I think we all agree the Escalade price is inflated due to it's 'bad boy' reputation. What are thoughts on the Denali? Pretty much all the same bells and whistles as the Escalade at a lower price point. Of course I would have to black out the hideous GMC on the grill first day.
    OneStepAhead likes this.

OneStepAhead is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2015 Escalade Premium - Majestic Orange Peel Black

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe07 View Post
    Wow...I had no idea such a simple observation would cause such debate, especially considering the majority of those criticizing the Escalade are current owners! I really hate having to keep the 3rd row seat in as it does take a lot of cargo space away. Now coming from a Tahoe (one one before it) I sure don't want a Tahoe, but being 6'4" and 205lbs I am infinetely more comfortable in my Tahoe than my wife's 2011 E Class. So I don't want another Tahoe and I think we all agree the Escalade price is inflated due to it's 'bad boy' reputation. What are thoughts on the Denali? Pretty much all the same bells and whistles as the Escalade at a lower price point. Of course I would have to black out the hideous GMC on the grill first day.
    Hey man.. its the interweb.. we are known for making a mountain out of a molehill!

I personally wouldn't get the Denali as it's missing 2 features that are important to me. The Heads Up Display and the Full Speed Adaptive Cruise. I'd also go so far as to say it's missing the rear tail lights that I love, but some people hate those. Considering the fully equipped Denali is 77k I don't see the point really...

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Quote Originally Posted by zerdian1 View Post
    I have test driven all the Mercedes GLs from the GL350 to the GL63AMG at $118K. the GL63AMG is one inch longer than the GL350. Each model drives great, but it has smaller in cargo area than either my Sienna minivan or the Escalade ESV. I would say that Mercedes is a much better built car with much more attention to detail than the previous Escalades. I am hoping that there is a great improvement in the 2015 Escalade ESV Premium that I have on order. I tried to order a Platinum, but it was not orderable at my dealer last month.
    Of course the GL63 (all GL's) have a smaller cargo area than the ESV, but to be fair you have to compare the GL to the standard Escalade because they are the same length, and really the same cargo area (94.2 vs 93.8) , it would be like comparing two pickup trucks one with a 6 foot bed and one with an 8 foot bed and saying I can not fit as much in the 6 foot bed compared to the 8 foot bed.

reels is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Denali has HUD with touring package and cool tail lights.

Also has adaptive cruise on Denali.

gmfamily is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS V-Sport/2015 Escalade/Sold 2013 CTS-V Stealth Ed

I don't think the Denali did enough this generation to separate itself from the Tahoe. I would even go as far to say the Tahoe in LTZ trim with the upgraded Mahogany interior looks more upscale. I will end with this: drive the Denali back to back with the Escalade. I promise you will leave with the Escalade. If you can afford the Escalade, I will quote my friend Scott Disick aka Lord Disick. "Why would you trick yourself... when you can treat yourself"?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Quote Originally Posted by gmfamily View Post
    I don't think the Denali did enough this generation to separate itself from the Tahoe. I would even go as far to say the Tahoe in LTZ trim with the upgraded Mahogany interior looks more upscale. I will end with this: drive the Denali back to back with the Escalade. I promise you will leave with the Escalade. If you can afford the Escalade, I will quote my friend Scott Disick aka Lord Disick. "Why would you trick yourself... when you can treat yourself"? Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    The engine, suspension, transmission etc are exactly the same, so any driving difference doesn't exist.
    There is a sporty elegance that the Denali can't match.
    No doubt, I would rather have the Escalade. I am totally with you, But it's my wife's ride and like I mentioned before, she isn't a car nut like I am, and she doesn't want to deal with the perception crap in small town business. I can't change her mind, and if you knew her, she's probably more stubborn than all of us put together. There's a tan/ shale Escalade just like the GMC we ordered available 50 miles away that my dealer can trade for, I can write the check and have it TODAY, and she doesn't want it. Freggin crazy I know. I'm actually a little pissed, but it's not worth making an issue out of it. She would rather wait and drive her 4 year old hoe.
    Go figure.
    gmfamily likes this.

MrHolland is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Nothing wrong with having conviction

sdgc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Escalade

thats because no one else wants them.

gmfamily is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS V-Sport/2015 Escalade/Sold 2013 CTS-V Stealth Ed

Quote Originally Posted by George C View Post
    The engine, suspension, transmission etc are exactly the same, so any driving difference doesn't exist.
    There is a sporty elegance that the Denali can't match.
    No doubt, I would rather have the Escalade. I am totally with you, But it's my wife's ride and like I mentioned before, she isn't a car nut like I am, and she doesn't want to deal with the perception crap in small town business. I can't change her mind, and if you knew her, she's probably more stubborn than all of us put together. There's a tan/ shale Escalade just like the GMC we ordered available 50 miles away that my dealer can trade for, I can write the check and have it TODAY, and she doesn't want it. Freggin crazy I know. I'm actually a little pissed, but it's not worth making an issue out of it. She would rather wait and drive her 4 year old hoe.
    Go figure.
    Last resort, show her the ELR Poolside Cadillac commercial. LOL

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.