2015 Cadillac Escalade Wheels / Rims Discussion Thread - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
Cadillac Escalade and ESV Forum - 2015+ Discussion, 2015 Cadillac Escalade Wheels / Rims Discussion Thread in Cadillac Escalade Forums; 22in optional wheel on Tahoe...
    gmfamily is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS V-Sport/2015 Escalade/Sold 2013 CTS-V Stealth Ed

Re: 2015 Cadillac Escalade Wheels / Rims Discussion Thread

22in optional wheel on Tahoe

OneStepAhead is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2015 Escalade Premium - Majestic Orange Peel Black

Yeah that what I was thinking as well. Can't find any pictures of them on an SUV either.

Nihsel10 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Escalade ESV Platinum 2011 Escalade ESV 2008 Hummer H2

Quote Originally Posted by OneStepAhead View Post
    @Nihsel10 I'm with you. Or was with you rather. When I first saw the 7 Spoke Chrome insert rims all that was available was a CAD render on the GM website. I thought they looked totally boring. Once I saw real photos of the wheels and now have seen them in person, I really like them. Might even like them better than my old Platinum rims! I'm just looking for a second set of rims for fun, but I'll still be using the 7 Spoke Chrome Inserts from time to time.

Attachment 224193
    lol its all good. I started grow on me after showing the pic. It actually works well with 2015 premium.

The 7 spoke Ultra bright looks too plain for me and i don't like to see the lug nuts on the wheel, personal preference. However, if Cadillac made the Dual 7-Spoke Chrome Plated Aluminum Wheels couple inches larger then i will definitely go for that. I am also ok with The 22 inch 7 spoke Silver.

I sometimes wonder if Cadillac will V series rims like what AMG did on the GL AMG.

2013-Mercedes-Benz-GL-63-AMG-Wheel.jpg

I like those quite a bit. I've made a decision, I'm going with the Gianelle Bologna's. I just cant decide if I want to get black with machined face like is shown in post 3 and 4 or if I want to get them in all chrome. I really do love chrome, even if it's apparently not cool anymore

Punmax is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Post 3 will list various aftermarket wheel options for the 2015 Cadillac Escalade

Don't take thse specs as fact quite yet, I still need to confirm that these are 100% accurate.If any members can verify these please let me know.

When shopping for wheels these are the ideal specs you'll want to look for:

Stock Wheel Size: 22x9
    Stock Tire Size: 285/45/22
    Plus Wheel Size: 24x9, 9.5 or 10
    Plus Tire Size: 295/35/24
    Bolt Pattern: 6x139.7 aka 6x5.5
    Offset: +31 (can range from +25 to +35)
    Center Bore: 78.1 (conflicting information out there, some sites list this as 78.3?)

You can deviate slightly from the above if you reprogram your ECM for a new wheel size. Without reprogramming your speedometer may not be correct and you may have issues with transmission, handling, AWD, etc). A wheel size convertor tool can be found here: http://tire-size-conversion.com/tire-size-calculator/

Other sizes I've heard of people running are 305/35/24 (0.9% Higher than stock, may rub) and 285/40/24 (2.8% Higher than stock, will rub without modification but you'll have more sidewall then the 295/35). If you want to maintain the stock diameter, 295/35/24 is the correct size to use (32.1" Diameter, Same as stock)

Available 295/35/24 tires:
    Yokohama Parada Spec-X
    Nitto 420S
    Kumho Ecsta STX KL12 (always get a chuckle out of the brand name
    Lexani LS-9
    Nexen Rodian HP
    Diamondback TR968
    Falken Ziex S

The Nitto's seem to be the ones I hear recommended for the Escalade/Yukon/Tahoe the most often. I think one reason people go up to 305/35/24 is to run the Pirelli Scorpion Zeros since they don't make them in 295.

--------------------

24 Inch Wheel - Black Rhino Traverse - Silver with Machine Cut Face
    Attachment 223721
    Attachment 223729

----------
    24 Inch Wheel - 24x10 Gianelle Bologna Black with Machined Face (May actually be 26x10's in the picture below...)

Only these two wheels looked good in this entire thread. The rest make the truck look incredibly dated, IMO.
    OneStepAhead likes this.

Wahoo1 is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade

I like those quite a bit. I've made a decision, I'm going with the Gianelle Bologna's. I just cant decide if I want to get black with machined face like is shown in post 3 and 4 or if I want to get them in all chrome. I really do love chrome, even if it's apparently not cool anymore
    Love the black painted rims on a black car, but then again, I'm partial to chrome and you said that wasn't cool anymore, so not sure you should listen to me!

Hey I love Chrome, it's just apparently going out of style. I wouldn't personally let that effect my decision though, I like what I like.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Punmax View Post
    Only these two wheels looked good in this entire thread. The rest make the truck look incredibly dated, IMO.
    I feel the exact same

Quote Originally Posted by det2972 View Post
    I wanted the 24's in Black.. but since I ordered the rect step's on the premium.. they won't work so went for the black 22's..
    I actually don't think that is true because I've seen a picture of a 15 with 26" wheels on it and it has the retractable steps. So it's possible with 26's and its 100% possible with 24's, the total diameter doesn't change. You go up 2" in wheel and down 2" in tire. On the 26's however you go up 4" in wheel and down 3" in tire, so it's 1" bigger than before.

det2972 is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2015 ESV Premium

don't do it..the ride will be horrible..I have seen stuff done to the 13 and 14's .. however nice it may look your taking rubber from the tire.. the tires become really low profile and will not give you the ride you need.... I have ordered the 15 with 22's black polish wheels right from GM which they had as a option.. I seen them a couple of time's already on a 15 GMC Denali XL and Chev. Sub..

----------

also.. I am getting the rect steps and with anything larger then 22's you might have issues with the step if you don't get the low profile tires..

Don't do what? Go up to 26? I never planned on it.

My 24" Gianelle Bologna black with machined face wheels are in route! Will be using Nitto 420S 295/35/24 tires. Same wheels that are shown in post 3 and 4 but in 24" size. I'm not worried about the change in ride quality, will be very hard to tell the difference between a 2" wheel change. Now switching between 18s and 22s ya you can feel a difference, but even the. I hardly noticed a difference on my 2012. These will be my summer wheels and I'll use the 22's for winter with some Bridgestone blizzaks on them.

There is no issues with the step on 24s, as I said before as long as the diameter stays the same as 22. If you are talking about changing the wheel diameter than you'd have problems, but with 24s you are supposed to run 295/35/24, which is same diameter as 285/45/22.

you don't think you might get a change in ride with the 24? since you have a low profile tire?

----------

I like your idea however.. I like the wheel at 24..I was afraid of the steps having a problem..but I am going to wait a little.. I ordered the polish black already with my vehicle from GM..

I'm sure there will be a change a ride, but will it be noticeable? I don't think by much, the stock wheels are 45 which years ago would of been considered very low profile for an SUV. Switching to 35 the loss of sidewall is only 1", so it's not going to make or break the ride quality in my opinion. I guess well know soon!

If your plan is to go up to 24 AND run something like 285/45/24 or 295/45/24 you probably will have some clearance issues with the steps. I don't think it's a good idea to do that, you are changing the geometry of the vehicle. I'm not an expert on it, but I imagine having tires are a larger diameter, say 33" when stock is 32.1" could potentially change the ride quality a lot more than just going down a little in sidewall. If you did run the same profile on 24s as 22s you'd also have to reprogram the cars ECM. I'm fairly sure running out of spec tire diameters voids your warranty as well. Running 295/35/24 you don't need to do that as the wheel is going to rotate the same amount of times per minute as before.

Considering people run 26, 28 and 30" wheels on an Escalade I imagine 24's will be a decent enough of ride for the summer months. I'll have 4" of sidewall instead of 5" like I do with the 22s.

I pretty much stick to the GM wheels..I really like the 22's which are polished black.. I will see later on to see if I make a switch..Not sure.. I have heard that they will offer 24's on a platium addition.. but there are so many rumors .. who know's right now

GM doesn't make any 24" wheels though. There are replicas out there of the GM wheels in 24. I'd be shocked to see a 24" on the Platinum standard.

I do like the stock choices GM has offered for the Escalade. The optional LPO's though are all a little "meh...". I know you like those black ones though.

my Nitto 420S tires arrived today. Gianelle Bologna's will be here on Tuesday. Hopefully by Wednesday I'll have some pics for you guys.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.