Any feedback / Pictures from Current 15' owners on the recall fix?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Czamias1
  • 1 Post By gmfamily
  • 1 Post By gmfamily
Cadillac Escalade and ESV Forum - 2015+ Discussion, Any feedback / Pictures from Current 15' owners on the recall fix? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hello, My Cadillac is arriving at dealership this Wednesday and they have to make the fix to the passenger side ...
    Czamias1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2015 Escalade Ordered!!

Any feedback / Pictures from Current 15' owners on the recall fix?

Hello,

My Cadillac is arriving at dealership this Wednesday and they have to make the fix to the passenger side airbag.

A lot of folks have been writing about how a car with a fix like this may make "rattling and dinging" a possibility in the future?

I just wanted to check in with current owners of the 2015 who have had a recall fixed like this to see if there are any issues? Any rattling? Any dash removal?

Can you send pictures of what they have removed on the dash?

I'm sorry for all of the questions but I put $500 down to hold the car and I just don't want to make a bigger investment if the car isn't going to be "sound" inside.

Please let me know your thoughts.

-Christopher
    zerdian1 likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

gmfamily is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS V-Sport/2015 Escalade/Sold 2013 CTS-V Stealth Ed

Re: Any feedback / Pictures from Current 15' owners on the recall fix?

My recall was done before I took delivery. You do have a good question, I would like to know exactly what went into the fix. My dealer said it was a 2 hour job, but who knows?
    zerdian1 likes this.

OneStepAhead is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 15 Escalade Prem, 14 CTS VSport Prem, 15 RR Sport ATB

Mine was fixed, haven't had any issues with rattling, but I've only had it about 10 days. Not even sure what part to take a picture of, there is nothing that looks unusual in that regard.

gmfamily---any issues with rattling? Anything look out of place with the fix? I'm just concerned that in my excitement to get the car I'm blinding myself from the facts....

kars79 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by Czamias1
    Hello, My Cadillac is arriving at dealership this Wednesday and they have to make the fix to the passenger side airbag. A lot of folks have been writing about how a car with a fix like this may make "rattling and dinging" a possibility in the future? I just wanted to check in with current owners of the 2015 who have had a recall fixed like this to see if there are any issues? Any rattling? Any dash removal? Can you send pictures of what they have removed on the dash? I'm sorry for all of the questions but I put $500 down to hold the car and I just don't want to make a bigger investment if the car isn't going to be "sound" inside. Please let me know your thoughts. -Christopher
    Mine wasn't recalled but my cousins did
    And he says everything is well but he hears wind noise.

gmfamily is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS V-Sport/2015 Escalade/Sold 2013 CTS-V Stealth Ed

Quote Originally Posted by Czamias1 View Post
    gmfamily---any issues with rattling? Anything look out of place with the fix? I'm just concerned that in my excitement to get the car I'm blinding myself from the facts....
    Nope, no rattles or squeaky sounds. In fact its one of the most quiet cabins I have sat in. I can not tell anything was fixed or out of place. Your going love your new Escalade! We have had ours for over a week and its been perfect.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    Czamias1 likes this.

I hope you do love the new Escalade. I can't say mine has been "perfect" though, far from it. I like it for the most part, but it's still a bit rough around the edges. I haven't heard any rattling though. My advice would be if you need a new vehicle today, go for it. If you just *want* a new vehicle like I did and already have a prior gen Escalade I'd wait another year.

OneStepAhead---Is there a reason you would have waited? What are some of the issues?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.