Let the mark-ups begin
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac Escalade and ESV Forum - 2015+ Discussion, Let the mark-ups begin in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I was looking at ebay to see what was available with the 2015 Escalade and found several to be over ...
    Poncherello is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Escalade ESV

Let the mark-ups begin

I was looking at ebay to see what was available with the 2015 Escalade and found several to be over MSRP. This premium model is listed with buy it now of $105,000.... seriously? They are over priced at $88,000.

I hate the chrome trim around the front and rear windows, I hope there is a black out option for the grill and trim. I will wait until next year when they are trying to give them away.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cadillac-Esc...US_Cars_Trucks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

rjhoskins is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Re: Let the mark-ups begin

Ok admittedly I'm new to the Escalade, but have they EVER offered a 'black out option'? I thought all the chrome was their trademark.

reels is online now Cadillac Owners Member

If you look at the seller's history, he has moved up from selling Iphones to Escalade's!

714Cadi is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '08 Escalade ESV

These ads are based upon the "All you need is one sucker" theory...

kars79 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by Poncherello
    I was looking at ebay to see what was available with the 2015 Escalade and found several to be over MSRP. This premium model is listed with buy it now of $105,000.... seriously? They are over priced at $88,000. I hate the chrome trim around the front and rear windows, I hope there is a black out option for the grill and trim. I will wait until next year when they are trying to give them away. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cadillac-Esc...US_Cars_Trucks

I think they can only sell it to international buyers for that price.

Quote Originally Posted by rjhoskins View Post
    Ok admittedly I'm new to the Escalade, but have they EVER offered a 'black out option'? I thought all the chrome was their trademark.
    My 2010 Premium has a black grill that was listed on the sticker. That chrome around the windows on the new ones looks terrible in my opinion. I would hope if they don't offer an option to make that black that they just get rid of it all together.
    rjhoskins likes this.

Pete Benson is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1990 Fleetwood Coupe

I've noticed posts like this on ebay and often wondered about them. I've seen a couple of routine new CTS's there, and the "buy now" prices were well over $100,000...........WTF?!

OneStepAhead is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2015 Escalade Premium - Majestic Orange Peel Black

Quote Originally Posted by Poncherello View Post
    My 2010 Premium has a black grill that was listed on the sticker. That chrome around the windows on the new ones looks terrible in my opinion. I would hope if they don't offer an option to make that black that they just get rid of it all together.
    I guess I never noticed the chrome trim around the windows, likely because it would look really strange without it. Vehicles generally have chrome trim around the windows don't they? I'm glad they left it, they should add even more chrome not take it away.

Quote Originally Posted by OneStepAhead View Post
    I guess I never noticed the chrome trim around the windows, likely because it would look really strange without it. Vehicles generally have chrome trim around the windows don't they? I'm glad they left it, they should add even more chrome not take it away.
    Here's a picture where it is somewhat noticeable. I have found that it seems to blend well with the lighter colors but on black it just sticks out to much. It just looks like a box all the way around those windows.

2015-cadillac-escalade-review.jpg

Yep, I like it. If you don't just take it off and paint it black. Should be easy.

I guess this year is a chrome compromise. They toned it down. Now those of us that like chrome don't have enough, and those that don't think it has too much. I'm hoping someone makes an aftermarket front grill in chrome, the muted plastic silver isn't doing it for me. I love the front end design though. To me chrome on black really makes it pop. Blacked out vehicles look a bit too juvenile / mafioso to me.

Yep, I like it. If you don't just take it off and paint it black. Should be easy.

I guess this year is a chrome compromise. They toned it down. Now those of us that like chrome don't have enough, and those that don't think it has too much. I'm hoping someone makes an aftermarket front grill in chrome, the muted plastic silver isn't doing it for me. I love the front end design though. To me chrome on black really makes it pop. Blacked out vehicles look a bit too juvenile / mafioso to me.
    I like chrome but I just don't like the window trim. I have looked at a bunch of the black ones and it just makes that rear window two plain when compared to the front and second row windows. To me it would look better if all three rows were something like black chrome etc. Color choice isn't an option for me because I use Escalades for my transportation business and black on black is a must. But new ones will have to wait until these ridiculous prices turn onto discounts.

I get the black interior thing for transportation, but why would the exterior need to be black? You using Uber? If I had my pick of exterior colors that dark granite looks really sharp in person. I had a white diamond last gen, now black raven. This exterior color is a major PITA to keep clean.

I see what you mean about the back windows. I guess I do like the rear look, so maybe it would be fine without the chrome trim up front too. For me the chrome trim hides my cigarette ash that always builds up along that edge. If it were black that ash would really pop

Nihsel10 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Escalade ESV Platinum 2011 Escalade ESV 2008 Hummer H2

$105K?! The platinum is suppose to be around that price but even then its overpriced like the new GL.

I get the black interior thing for transportation, but why would the exterior need to be black? You using Uber?
    I own a corporate transportation company, all my cars are black. That's an industry standard.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nihsel10 View Post
    $105K?! The platinum is suppose to be around that price but even then its overpriced like the new GL.
    I think the Premium is over priced at $88K. If there are no real incentives or I can't find a good corporate program ESV I will have to look at another alternative for my fleet.

Aren't all luxury items technically overpriced? No one buys an Escalade because of what a great deal they are. I guess I think of money differently than most, but to me an extra 5-10k when you're talking about vehicles in this class is rather meaningless to my bottom line. But I guess if you are looking to buy a dozen of them that difference starts to add up. For me there really wasn't a price difference. I paid 83k for my 2012 Platinum and 82k for my 2015 Premium.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.