2014 Escalade versus 2015 Escalade...Not Even in the Same League!!!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes
Cadillac Escalade and ESV Forum - 2015+ Discussion, 2014 Escalade versus 2015 Escalade...Not Even in the Same League!!! in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Just thought I would post some random thoughts as a new Escalade owner for anyone sitting on the fence trying ...
    Jamtek is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V, 2015 Escalade Premium

2014 Escalade versus 2015 Escalade...Not Even in the Same League!!!

Just thought I would post some random thoughts as a new Escalade owner for anyone sitting on the fence trying to make a purchase decision. Just took delivery of a 2015 Premium last week. This is my first Escalade after several Lincoln Navigators over the years. All I can say is WOW! I love this Escalade! Overall quality is outstanding. The interior is beautiful. I love the combination of leather, Alcantara "suede" and wood. The French stitching on the interior materials really raises the quality feel. I rate the workmanship as superb. The interior reminds me of my CTS-V, an all-time favorite of mine The ride and "feel" is so solid and luxurious. The 2014 Escalade--blah.

What is incredible to me, especially after reading many of the negative comments on here about the new 2015 styling, changes, etc. is wow--beauty really is in the eye of the beholder. One of the leather side panels on the passenger side of my 2015 was loose, probably after the dealer removing the trim to check the airbag before delivery, so my dealer picked my vehicle up at my house and left me a new 2014 Escalade to use as a loaner while they have the car for a couple days. I went with a dealer 1 hour's drive from me, in another state. I am dumbfounded by the difference in the look, feel, and overall "quality" when comparing a new 2014 with a new 2015! It isn't even in the same league as the 2015! Just night and day...I can't wait for them to bring mine back!!!

So for those sitting on the fence waiting...omg...go for it. You'll be so happy you did.

--Jamtek
    NYTFLT, hannity, wav1911 and 1 others like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Re: 2014 Escalade versus 2015 Escalade...Not Even in the Same League!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jamtek View Post
    Just thought I would post some random thoughts as a new Escalade owner for anyone sitting on the fence trying to make a purchase decision. Just took delivery of a 2015 Premium last week. This is my first Escalade after several Lincoln Navigators over the years. All I can say is WOW! I love this Escalade! Overall quality is outstanding. The interior is beautiful. I love the combination of leather, Alcantara "suede" and wood. The French stitching on the interior materials really raises the quality feel. I rate the workmanship as superb. The interior reminds me of my CTS-V, an all-time favorite of mine The ride and "feel" is so solid and luxurious. The 2014 Escalade--blah.

What is incredible to me, especially after reading many of the negative comments on here about the new 2015 styling, changes, etc. is wow--beauty really is in the eye of the beholder. One of the leather side panels on the passenger side of my 2015 was loose, probably after the dealer removing the trim to check the airbag before delivery, so my dealer picked my vehicle up at my house and left me a new 2014 Escalade to use as a loaner while they have the car for a couple days. I went with a dealer 1 hour's drive from me, in another state. I am dumbfounded by the difference in the look, feel, and overall "quality" when comparing a new 2014 with a new 2015! It isn't even in the same league as the 2015! Just night and day...I can't wait for them to bring mine back!!!

So for those sitting on the fence waiting...omg...go for it. You'll be so happy you did.

--Jamtek
    The big difference here is most of us are comparing our platinum models to the 2015, the platinum models had the leather dash and doors, and MUCH better seats than the standard model, also more insulation for less interior noise. In every model year truck there is a big difference in ride, noise and little improvements, I know this because I have had a dozen Escalade's in every year, and then some, and they will always get better, of course that sometimes includes taking away options too. The new Escalade is nice but it's the same inside as my new srx, nothing wrong with that except the Escalade costs 30k more.

OneStepAhead is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2015 Escalade Premium - Majestic Orange Peel Black

Must not of let you borrow a 2014 Platinum then. After having my 2015 for a week now there are some things I like better, but the interior styling, rear design, rims, acceleration, and rear cargo space all were superior on my Platinum. I attribute the perceived acceleration differences to the added weight of having the third row seat installed full time.

kars79 is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 escalade
    I liked all my escalade's but 2010 platinum was real nice,
    Comparing platinum to my 2015 premium is hard because everything on 15 model is far superior compare to my platinum.

It's more comfortable
    Faster
    Handles better
    Better materials inside,

Only few things I miss on my platinum,

Big Side view mirrors
    Engine burble
    Brown interior (my premium is black on black and it feels too dark inside at times)
    gmfamily likes this.

gmfamily is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS V-Sport/2015 Escalade/Sold 2013 CTS-V Stealth Ed

Quote Originally Posted by kars79 View Post
    Comparing platinum to my 2015 premium is hard because everything on 15 model is far superior compare to my platinum.

It's more comfortable
    Faster
    Handles better
    Better materials inside,

Big Side view mirrors
    Engine burble
    Brown interior (my premium is black on black and it feels too dark inside at times)

You would have probably loved the Kona. If we had kept our original order, that was what we picked. That being said we would still be waiting since there are no Kona 15s available.

Quote Originally Posted by gmfamily
    You would have probably loved the Kona. If we had kept our original order, that was what we picked. That being said we would still be waiting since there are no Kona 15s available.
    I agree
    I drove kona brown cts for a month and loved it,
    My original order was shale interior but ended up with black because I was tired of waiting.

Now
    I'm thinking maybe I should have waited little longer but I love the truck so it's ok.

Gm screwed up the way they launched these trucks,
    So late
    So many problems
    So many things not available and soon there will be changes !!!
    gmfamily likes this.

hannity is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Porsche Boxster S, 2011 Range Rover Super Charged

I will admit the 2015 Lade is where the 2007 model should have been. The '15 Tahoe alone has features that '07 Escalades should have had not to mention all the amenities that the '15 Escalade has. The '15 model is a gorgeous luxury vehicle worthy of being called the Standard of the World.
    Punmax and gmfamily like this.

Quote Originally Posted by hannity
    I will admit the 2015 Lade is where the 2007 model should have been. The '15 Tahoe alone has features that '07 Escalades should have had not to mention all the amenities that the '15 Escalade has. The '15 model is a gorgeous luxury vehicle worthy of being called the Standard of the World.
    You should sell your ranger rover and buy escalade,
    You will be very impressed with it.
    I love mine.

MrHolland is online now Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Don't encourage him......
    hcvone likes this.

evois is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 escalade hybrid

Quote Originally Posted by Jamtek View Post
    This is my first Escalade after several Lincoln Navigators over the years. --Jamtek
    it is no surprise there. the 2014 escalade is better than the navigator and now with the redesign it is light years ahead even to the new 2015 navigator!

OneStepAhead is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2015 Escalade Premium - Majestic Orange Peel Black

Quote Originally Posted by kars79 View Post

It's more comfortable
    Faster
    Handles better
    Better materials inside,

Big Side view mirrors
    Engine burble
    I've never seen a 2010 Platinum, Does it look the same as a 2012? My 2012 had better materials inside no question. Semi Aniline leather, beautiful wood inlay, metal trim around the center console area, amazing wood steering wheel, three screens in the back. My 2015 definitely feels slower than my 2012. It may be that I'm comparing driving a vehicle with the third row seating removed to driving a vehicle with a powered third row seat installed full time. Maybe the added weight slows it down. I did hook up a Diablo InTune to it yesterday and loaded up the Diablo 93 Octane tune. I don't know if it's in my head or what, but the vehicle does seem to perform better now.

Some other things I'm not happy about:

Extremely bad orange peel effect in the clear coat. I'm dropping it off at the dealer today to see if they can fix it.

Rear tail lights aren't properly aligned. My left tail light overhangs too far to the right by about 5mm.

Speaking of alignment, what's up with the plastic chrome trim on the steps? It's made of two pieces and they don't connect properly, there is a big gap in the middle.

Cue system is a totally unintuitive and just looks ugly in general. The plastic silver accent really bothers me, it makes the vehicle look like a cheap SRX. The display should be a lot bigger as well. Take a look at the Tesla, they fit 17" of display in that tiny vehicle. Surely in a big ol Escalade we can do better than a measly low res 8 incher. Why these things don't run Android O/S I'll never understand. I should be able to install a host of apps on this puppy.

The horizontal seam along the back cargo door. You can see clear coat actually dripping in that area. Probably too difficult to hit that area with the wet sander, if that's the case they should of put a pice of trim over it.

Stitching along the steering wheel. Looks goofy I think, as if someone did it by hand. Oh wait, they did.

Did I complain about the third row seat already? Well other than the added weight, I'm losing a lot of cargo space. I don't roll 7 deep, I drive by myself 90% of the time. the other 10% I have 1 passenger. That's about to change to 2 passengers with a baby on the way, but at no time would I ever drive with 7 people in my vehicle. I think 4 is the max for any vehicle, unless you are Mexican in which case 12 is acceptable.

My cup holders are too small now, I liked the old heated and cooled metal ones. Yeah the heating and cooling feature didn't work very well, but at least I could fit my big gulp in it.

I'm with you on the black on black feeling too dark on the inside, it's damn near depressing. But like you, I wasn't willing to wait for shale so now I'm going to bitch about black for the next couple of years

So all in all there are some things I like about the 2015, but I think there is actually more that I miss about my 2012 Platinum. If your on the fence and have a Platinum now, I'd wait tell 2016 Platinum comes out.
    hcvone likes this.

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Quote Originally Posted by OneStepAhead View Post
    I've never seen a 2010 Platinum, Does it look the same as a 2012? My 2012 had better materials inside no question. Semi Aniline leather, beautiful wood inlay, metal trim around the center console area, amazing wood steering wheel, three screens in the back. My 2015 definitely feels slower than my 2012. It may be that I'm comparing driving a vehicle with the third row seating removed to driving a vehicle with a powered third row seat installed full time. Maybe the added weight slows it down. I did hook up a Diablo InTune to it yesterday and loaded up the Diablo 93 Octane tune. I don't know if it's in my head or what, but the vehicle does seem to perform better now.

Some other things I'm not happy about:

Extremely bad orange peel effect in the clear coat. I'm dropping it off at the dealer today to see if they can fix it.

Rear tail lights aren't properly aligned. My left tail light overhangs too far to the right by about 5mm.

Speaking of alignment, what's up with the plastic chrome trim on the steps? It's made of two pieces and they don't connect properly, there is a big gap in the middle.

Cue system is a totally unintuitive and just looks ugly in general. The plastic silver accent really bothers me, it makes the vehicle look like a cheap SRX. The display should be a lot bigger as well. Take a look at the Tesla, they fit 17" of display in that tiny vehicle. Surely in a big ol Escalade we can do better than a measly low res 8 incher. Why these things don't run Android O/S I'll never understand. I should be able to install a host of apps on this puppy.

The horizontal seam along the back cargo door. You can see clear coat actually dripping in that area. Probably too difficult to hit that area with the wet sander, if that's the case they should of put a pice of trim over it.

Stitching along the steering wheel. Looks goofy I think, as if someone did it by hand. Oh wait, they did.

Did I complain about the third row seat already? Well other than the added weight, I'm losing a lot of cargo space. I don't roll 7 deep, I drive by myself 90% of the time. the other 10% I have 1 passenger. That's about to change to 2 passengers with a baby on the way, but at no time would I ever drive with 7 people in my vehicle. I think 4 is the max for any vehicle, unless you are Mexican in which case 12 is acceptable.

My cup holders are too small now, I liked the old heated and cooled metal ones. Yeah the heating and cooling feature didn't work very well, but at least I could fit my big gulp in it.

I'm with you on the black on black feeling too dark on the inside, it's damn near depressing. But like you, I wasn't willing to wait for shale so now I'm going to bitch about black for the next couple of years

So all in all there are some things I like about the 2015, but I think there is actually more that I miss about my 2012 Platinum. If your on the fence and have a Platinum now, I'd wait tell 2016 Platinum comes out.

DO NOT LET THE DEALERSHIP TRY TO FIX YOUR ORANGE PEEL, it will be much worse, find a body or detail shop that is good at color sanding (wet sanding) and finish buffing, or you will be looking at swirl marks for years to come. Nice write up and could not agree more, as I said it looks the same inside as my 14' srx, and that is fine for the srx, but the Escalade should be better, it costs a lot more. I got a chance to drive a 15' for a full day, and new is always nice make no mistake about it, even every year of replacing my Escalade's there was always a difference, maybe slight but a difference, the 15' rides great, didn't handle like my 12' but I have aftermarket sway bars, was not as fast, but I have things done, much less outside noise in the 15' than my truck, better sounding Bose system with the added speakers, I have beat the rear taillight thing to death so I will not go there, HATE the 3rd row setup, liked just being able to remove the 3rd row. I am glad I put the 12' platinum I am driving away for 2 years (really was just sitting in the garage in upstate NY all that time) now it's got 6k miles on it, would not give it up for a 15' even if it was an even trade, well maybe then.

ROADRUNNER2 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX 2015 Escalade

One reason I want a new Escalade that I haven't seen mentioned is because I can't turn my head on the road and not see a 2007-2014 Escalade. I swear the used market has made them really affordable for a lot of people. I like having something different, so when mine finally gets made and delivered I'll have a few years before they are everywhere again.
    gmfamily likes this.

gmfamily is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS V-Sport/2015 Escalade/Sold 2013 CTS-V Stealth Ed

Quote Originally Posted by ROADRUNNER2 View Post
    One reason I want a new Escalade that I haven't seen mentioned is because I can't turn my head on the road and not see a 2007-2014 Escalade. I swear the used market has made them really affordable for a lot of people. I like having something different, so when mine finally gets made and delivered I'll have a few years before they are everywhere again.

I was at Target today, and there were four 07 to 14 Escalades. It did feel good to be the only new one out of the bunch. They were all black too, I love my black, but wish we could have kept our original order for Plum/Kona.

Wahoo1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by OneStepAhead;

Really? My big gulp not fitting May be a deal breaker. I never travel without a big gulp.
    OneStepAhead likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.