2015 Escalade safety recall - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
Cadillac Escalade and ESV Forum - 2015+ Discussion, 2015 Escalade safety recall in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Originally Posted by OneStepAhead Thanks a lot for posting this. You are the first I've heard of that actually got ...
    SSamZ06 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2015 Escalade ESV

Re: 2015 Escalade safety recall

Quote Originally Posted by OneStepAhead View Post
    Thanks a lot for posting this. You are the first I've heard of that actually got this fixed. I had it in my head that things would be idle for another month, so it's a relief to hear someone has already got theirs fixed. I wonder if they even need new parts or just simply need to resolder a connection.
    I asked the service manager about the fix as I was/am concerned about any long term issues. He indicated that the wait and lack of information was due to waiting for GM to let them know what the fix was going to be. He explained they removed the one piece of the dash and then replaced a plate (I think that is what he called it) and that it was an easy fix. Others may learn more about the technical aspects of the fix but I am just glad to have it back.

gvkooy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade

First post for me. Went to the dealer today. It just came in. As of yesterday it was clear of recalls. Now it's on the "weld" list. Planning to reject it and, maybe, order another later. Have had five Escalades to include my current 2012. Love them and have never had an issue. This 2015 scares the sh** out of me. Pretty disappointed with Cadillac. Have a 2014 Stingray and it is Perfect!!!

OneStepAhead is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2015 Escalade Premium - Majestic Orange Peel Black

Quote Originally Posted by gvkooy View Post
    First post for me. Went to the dealer today. It just came in. As of yesterday it was clear of recalls. Now it's on the "weld" list. Planning to reject it and, maybe, order another later. Have had five Escalades to include my current 2012. Love them and have never had an issue. This 2015 scares the sh** out of me. Pretty disappointed with Cadillac. Have a 2014 Stingray and it is Perfect!!!
    Give me the number to your dealer than!

Looks like we can make a deal...than???

----------

Got a call from the dealer this am. Looks like GM has identified an inspection plan and the VINs identified are not necessarily in need if a fix. Was told the mine was OK, if I still wanted it. Are happy to do a re-order if I'm concerned about the potential impact on future value. Still thinking about waiting for the Platinum.

evois is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 escalade hybrid

Looks like we can make a deal...than???

----------

Got a call from the dealer this am. Looks like GM has identified an inspection plan and the VINs identified are not necessarily in need if a fix. Was told the mine was OK, if I still wanted it. Are happy to do a re-order if I'm concerned about the potential impact on future value. Still thinking about waiting for the Platinum.
    so, which dealer is it so a more interested buyer can appreciate it more? is it black on black premium?

how is it free of recalls of it hasn't been rewelded yet?

evois is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 escalade hybrid
    The fix is adding a plate/connector and not the whole dashboard removal.

Driving mine...Great vehicle!!!

----------

Reweld was not required on those who met the GM "good to go" list. Only a select list of airbag systems were on the repair list.

hannity is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Porsche Boxster S, 2011 Range Rover Super Charged

Quote Originally Posted by MAJ MALFUNCTION View Post
    We've only owned our 2015 Escalade for a week and a half, but yesterday we got a letter Fedexed to us from GM - the Escalade already has a safety recall.

Apparently, one of the welds behind the dash was not heated to the proper temp and the result is that the passenger side airbag may not deploy completely in the event of an collision.

The letter says that it's okay to continue driving the truck, but you should not allow anyone to ride in the front passenger seat. The "part" that is required to fix the issue is not currently available. When it is, we're going to have to take out truck in to the dealer so they can rip out the whole dash and fix the problem.

I'm not sure if this is all new 2015 Escalades will fall under this recall or just a small lot of trucks.

A lot of bad info out there. Not as drastic as originally thought. No reweld required on most. GM identified VIN and airbag lot numbers that are affected. Mine passed all inspections...built early May. What a great vehicle. Sorry WI, Go Seahawks. Another loyal Packer fan but ...

CooperDay is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2015 Escalade

The gift that keeps on giving....now they are saying that some of the parts sent to dealers to fix the airbag defect may have been defecive themselves.

http://www.autonews.com/article/2014...5-pickups-suvs

A lot of bad info out there. Not as drastic as originally thought. No reweld required on most. GM identified VIN and airbag lot numbers that are affected. Mine passed all inspections...built early May. What a great vehicle. Sorry WI, Go Seahawks. Another loyal Packer fan but ...
    I'm not a football/sports fan anyways, but I am a gambling man. I made a low five figure parlay bet on the broncos and the over. That bet further solidified in my mind that sports aren't my thing.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by CooperDay View Post
    The gift that keeps on giving....now they are saying that some of the parts sent to dealers to fix the airbag defect may have been defecive themselves.

http://www.autonews.com/article/2014...5-pickups-suvs
    Noooooooooooo

Mine was found to be clear of the issue based on airbag, etc build numbers. Dealer did the inspection as required by GM. A lot of others out here that are stuck at the dealers. Was told that mine was one of, if not the first to be delivered in the NW. You'll love yours when you get it. BIG difference from the previous four that I've owned...all good. Amazing sound system!

Mine was found to be clear of the issue based on airbag, etc build numbers. Dealer did the inspection as required by GM. A lot of others out here that are stuck at the dealers. Was told that mine was one of, if not the first to be delivered in the NW. You'll love yours when you get it. BIG difference from the previous four that I've owned...all good. Amazing sound system!
    I found the sound system to just be decent. Distorts at high levels. I'm a bit of an audiophile though, I'll agree that most will find the 2015 sound to be sufficient. Personally I'm already scoping out ways to upgrade it. The single sub 6"' woofer doesn't help matters in the bass department either. I'm not the guy you'll see at a stop light trying to unscrew his license plate using bass vibrations, but I do want the low end to be there when I want it. A sub that small cannot reproduce frequencies below 80hz very well.

2015EscaladeGuy is offline Cadillac Owners Member

If anyone is curious as to What the Dealer did to Inspect and Replace the part, see the following link: http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/acms/cs...4V259-1883.pdf

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.