2015 Escalade safety recall - Page 3
Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 60
Like Tree8Likes
Cadillac Escalade and ESV Forum - 2015+ Discussion, 2015 Escalade safety recall in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Originally Posted by OneStepAhead Thanks a lot for posting this. You are the first I've heard of that actually got ...
  1. #31
    SSamZ06 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2015 Escalade ESV
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Pensacola
    Posts
    3

    Re: 2015 Escalade safety recall

    Quote Originally Posted by OneStepAhead View Post
    Thanks a lot for posting this. You are the first I've heard of that actually got this fixed. I had it in my head that things would be idle for another month, so it's a relief to hear someone has already got theirs fixed. I wonder if they even need new parts or just simply need to resolder a connection.
    I asked the service manager about the fix as I was/am concerned about any long term issues. He indicated that the wait and lack of information was due to waiting for GM to let them know what the fix was going to be. He explained they removed the one piece of the dash and then replaced a plate (I think that is what he called it) and that it was an easy fix. Others may learn more about the technical aspects of the fix but I am just glad to have it back.

  2. #32
    gvkooy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5

    Re: 2015 Escalade safety recall

    First post for me. Went to the dealer today. It just came in. As of yesterday it was clear of recalls. Now it's on the "weld" list. Planning to reject it and, maybe, order another later. Have had five Escalades to include my current 2012. Love them and have never had an issue. This 2015 scares the sh** out of me. Pretty disappointed with Cadillac. Have a 2014 Stingray and it is Perfect!!!

  3. #33
    OneStepAhead is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2015 Escalade Premium - Majestic Orange Peel Black
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    34
    Posts
    519

    Re: 2015 Escalade safety recall

    Quote Originally Posted by gvkooy View Post
    First post for me. Went to the dealer today. It just came in. As of yesterday it was clear of recalls. Now it's on the "weld" list. Planning to reject it and, maybe, order another later. Have had five Escalades to include my current 2012. Love them and have never had an issue. This 2015 scares the sh** out of me. Pretty disappointed with Cadillac. Have a 2014 Stingray and it is Perfect!!!
    Give me the number to your dealer than!

  4. #34
    gvkooy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5

    Re: 2015 Escalade safety recall

    Looks like we can make a deal...than???

    ----------

    Got a call from the dealer this am. Looks like GM has identified an inspection plan and the VINs identified are not necessarily in need if a fix. Was told the mine was OK, if I still wanted it. Are happy to do a re-order if I'm concerned about the potential impact on future value. Still thinking about waiting for the Platinum.

  5. #35
    evois is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 escalade hybrid
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    little rock, AR
    Posts
    1,015

    Re: 2015 Escalade safety recall

    Quote Originally Posted by gvkooy View Post
    Looks like we can make a deal...than???

    ----------

    Got a call from the dealer this am. Looks like GM has identified an inspection plan and the VINs identified are not necessarily in need if a fix. Was told the mine was OK, if I still wanted it. Are happy to do a re-order if I'm concerned about the potential impact on future value. Still thinking about waiting for the Platinum.
    so, which dealer is it so a more interested buyer can appreciate it more? is it black on black premium?

  6. #36
    OneStepAhead is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2015 Escalade Premium - Majestic Orange Peel Black
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    34
    Posts
    519

    Re: 2015 Escalade safety recall

    how is it free of recalls of it hasn't been rewelded yet?

  7. #37
    evois is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 escalade hybrid
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    little rock, AR
    Posts
    1,015
    The fix is adding a plate/connector and not the whole dashboard removal.

  8. #38
    gvkooy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5

    Re: 2015 Escalade safety recall

    Driving mine...Great vehicle!!!

    ----------

    Reweld was not required on those who met the GM "good to go" list. Only a select list of airbag systems were on the repair list.

  9. #39
    hannity's Avatar
    hannity is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Porsche Boxster S, 2011 Range Rover Super Charged
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    516

    Re: 2015 Escalade safety recall

    Quote Originally Posted by MAJ MALFUNCTION View Post
    We've only owned our 2015 Escalade for a week and a half, but yesterday we got a letter Fedexed to us from GM - the Escalade already has a safety recall.

    Apparently, one of the welds behind the dash was not heated to the proper temp and the result is that the passenger side airbag may not deploy completely in the event of an collision.

    The letter says that it's okay to continue driving the truck, but you should not allow anyone to ride in the front passenger seat. The "part" that is required to fix the issue is not currently available. When it is, we're going to have to take out truck in to the dealer so they can rip out the whole dash and fix the problem.

    I'm not sure if this is all new 2015 Escalades will fall under this recall or just a small lot of trucks.

  10. #40
    gvkooy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5

    Re: 2015 Escalade safety recall

    A lot of bad info out there. Not as drastic as originally thought. No reweld required on most. GM identified VIN and airbag lot numbers that are affected. Mine passed all inspections...built early May. What a great vehicle. Sorry WI, Go Seahawks. Another loyal Packer fan but ...

  11. #41
    CooperDay is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2015 Escalade
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    42

    Re: 2015 Escalade safety recall

    The gift that keeps on giving....now they are saying that some of the parts sent to dealers to fix the airbag defect may have been defecive themselves.

    http://www.autonews.com/article/2014...5-pickups-suvs

  12. #42
    OneStepAhead is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2015 Escalade Premium - Majestic Orange Peel Black
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    34
    Posts
    519

    Re: 2015 Escalade safety recall

    Quote Originally Posted by gvkooy View Post
    A lot of bad info out there. Not as drastic as originally thought. No reweld required on most. GM identified VIN and airbag lot numbers that are affected. Mine passed all inspections...built early May. What a great vehicle. Sorry WI, Go Seahawks. Another loyal Packer fan but ...
    I'm not a football/sports fan anyways, but I am a gambling man. I made a low five figure parlay bet on the broncos and the over. That bet further solidified in my mind that sports aren't my thing.

    ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by CooperDay View Post
    The gift that keeps on giving....now they are saying that some of the parts sent to dealers to fix the airbag defect may have been defecive themselves.

    http://www.autonews.com/article/2014...5-pickups-suvs
    Noooooooooooo

  13. #43
    gvkooy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5

    Re: 2015 Escalade safety recall

    Mine was found to be clear of the issue based on airbag, etc build numbers. Dealer did the inspection as required by GM. A lot of others out here that are stuck at the dealers. Was told that mine was one of, if not the first to be delivered in the NW. You'll love yours when you get it. BIG difference from the previous four that I've owned...all good. Amazing sound system!

  14. #44
    OneStepAhead is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2015 Escalade Premium - Majestic Orange Peel Black
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    34
    Posts
    519

    Re: 2015 Escalade safety recall

    Quote Originally Posted by gvkooy View Post
    Mine was found to be clear of the issue based on airbag, etc build numbers. Dealer did the inspection as required by GM. A lot of others out here that are stuck at the dealers. Was told that mine was one of, if not the first to be delivered in the NW. You'll love yours when you get it. BIG difference from the previous four that I've owned...all good. Amazing sound system!
    I found the sound system to just be decent. Distorts at high levels. I'm a bit of an audiophile though, I'll agree that most will find the 2015 sound to be sufficient. Personally I'm already scoping out ways to upgrade it. The single sub 6"' woofer doesn't help matters in the bass department either. I'm not the guy you'll see at a stop light trying to unscrew his license plate using bass vibrations, but I do want the low end to be there when I want it. A sub that small cannot reproduce frequencies below 80hz very well.

  15. #45
    2015EscaladeGuy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7

    Re: 2015 Escalade safety recall

    If anyone is curious as to What the Dealer did to Inspect and Replace the part, see the following link: http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/acms/cs...4V259-1883.pdf

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting