2015 Escalade safety recall - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
Cadillac Escalade and ESV Forum - 2015+ Discussion, 2015 Escalade safety recall in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Originally Posted by JP1 I spoke with a rep from the Cadillac Assistance center as noted on the recall letter ...
    ATX
    ATX is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2015 Escalade

Re: 2015 Escalade safety recall

Quote Originally Posted by JP1 View Post
    I spoke with a rep from the Cadillac Assistance center as noted on the recall letter I received Saturday via FedEx. She was clueless and told me she couldn't locate any information on 2015 Escalades being recalled. I gave her the GM recall number and she was able to locate it however, she told me per her database my VIN had not been attached to the recall list. I also asked her why the recall was not the Government's database and of course, she didn't know. She did however say the dealers were officially notified on 5/19 and there was no ETA for the part required to fix it. Perhaps it's time to contact our local news outlet to get some answers.
    Gotta love it--GM spends extra $$ for Sat delivery (like waiting for normal Mon delivery would be a big deal), then when you call they have no clue on VIN confirmation...just laughable.

surburban99 is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Platinum Escalade ESV

Quote Originally Posted by 714Cadi View Post
    Condolences, not the kind of news one likes getting...
    I don't like saying this, but any time the dash is "ripped out," it does not bode well for the future. Potential creaks and squeaks may pop up down the line...
    That is so true, once the dash is taken out, it will never be the same....

evois is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 escalade hybrid
    Not true. There are mounting bolts and clips and it should be like a regular install work.

2015EscaladeGuy is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Looks like it's finally getting out to the Public View, but still no clear timeframe for a fix...

"...1,402 Cadillac Escalade and Escalade ESVs from the 2015 model year because a faulty weld could result in partial deployment of the front passenger air bag in a crash. GM has stopped the sale of the models and alerted 224 current owners not to let occupants sit in the front passenger seat until the vehicle has been repaired. GM knows of no injuries related to the defect."

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireS...icles-23795328

OneStepAhead is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2015 Escalade Premium - Majestic Orange Peel Black

Looks like only vehicles made in late March and April are affected. If you want to buy one today you have to find one made this month which is proving to be quite the challenge, even more so if you are looking for a specific color combination.

----------

From Wikipedia:

In the early 1970s, Ford and General Motors began offering cars equipped with airbag, initially in government fleet purchased Chevrolet automobiles. GM's Oldsmobile Toronado was the first domestic vehicle to include a passenger airbag.[citation needed] The automaker discontinued the option for its 1977 model year, citing lack of consumer interest. Ford and GM then spent years lobbying against air-bag requirements, claiming that the devices were unfeasible and inappropriate. It was not until the early 1990s that airbags became widespread in American cars.

Wow, GM actually lobbied against airbags? They must of seen the future and knew this would be a problem for them with the 2015 Escalade release

/\ it wasn't more against airbags. It was more on the violent explosion of airbags causing more injuries. Now they have dual stage airbags. Lots of improvements. The problems is not the airbag itself but the electrical connector which was not welded well. It might not even require removal of the dash.

MIJim is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac SRX (Sold), 2015 Cadillac Escalade Luxury

I find the misinformation at the dealerships to be quite disturbing. The dealer where I have placed my order says, "no worries we are still on track since the Luxury models are not impacted by the airbag issue". I spoke to another dealer last night who says they have 2 Luxury models in stock that can not be test driven or delivered due to this issue. I wonder who is telling me the truth??!

fltsfshr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 Escalade Platinum Edition(traded)

News said this morning there are 1500 2015 Escalades out there that are unsafe to drive. If I got one of those delivered to me, I'd make them take it back. Those vins will become a stigma later on when it comes trading time.

fltsfshr

OneStepAhead is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2015 Escalade Premium - Majestic Orange Peel Black

No they wont become a stigma, that's ridiculous. They are going to fix all of them, no one is going to care once they are fixed and certainly not a dealer on a trade in. Personally I'd be thrilled to have gotten one of these with the bad passenger air bag. At least I'd have it already. I don't ride in the passenger seat anyways (nor does anyone else 99% of the time). I don't agree that the potentially bad passenger airbag MAYBE not deploying = vehicle unsafe to drive. Less safe for a passenger to ride in, sure.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by MIJim View Post
    I find the misinformation at the dealerships to be quite disturbing. The dealer where I have placed my order says, "no worries we are still on track since the Luxury models are not impacted by the airbag issue". I spoke to another dealer last night who says they have 2 Luxury models in stock that can not be test driven or delivered due to this issue. I wonder who is telling me the truth??!
    Has nothing to do with Luxury or Premium. Has to do with if they were built prior to May or not.

Quote Originally Posted by fltsfshr
    News said this morning there are 1500 2015 Escalades out there that are unsafe to drive. If I got one of those delivered to me, I'd make them take it back. Those vins will become a stigma later on when it comes trading time.

fltsfshr
    Not a stigma. No one would even know unless you're a current owner with the recall.
    OneStepAhead likes this.

SSamZ06 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2015 Escalade ESV

Hi all. First post but I have been reading for some time. I took delivery of my '15 two weeks ago and was notified by email, FedEx and a phone call about the recall. I took it back to the dealer last Friday and he put us in a Platinum 2014 as a loaner, which we considered excellent service. I got a call back from the dealer today telling me the fix was complete. They replaced the part in question and all is now fixed. I picked it up this afternoon and all seems in order. They did not remove the entire dash, only the section necessary to complete the fix. All in all, the dealer was excellent, keeping me informed and now I am back with our new ride. Wanted to share our experience in light of all of the comments in this thread.
    Sam
    OneStepAhead likes this.

shelstreet is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): none

They seem very efficient. How did you like the interior of the platinum 14 compared to the 15 Slade?

714Cadi is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '08 Escalade ESV

Quote Originally Posted by SSamZ06 View Post
    Hi all. First post but I have been reading for some time. I took delivery of my '15 two weeks ago and was notified by email, FedEx and a phone call about the recall. I took it back to the dealer last Friday and he put us in a Platinum 2014 as a loaner, which we considered excellent service. I got a call back from the dealer today telling me the fix was complete. They replaced the part in question and all is now fixed. I picked it up this afternoon and all seems in order. They did not remove the entire dash, only the section necessary to complete the fix. All in all, the dealer was excellent, keeping me informed and now I am back with our new ride. Wanted to share our experience in light of all of the comments in this thread.
    Sam
    Good to know the fix is non intrusive, congratz on your purchase... Since you're in FL, guessing you have a light color?
    Pics would be appreciated, and any insights as well...

SSamZ06 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2015 Escalade ESV

Quote Originally Posted by shelstreet View Post
    They seem very efficient. How did you like the interior of the platinum 14 compared to the 15 Slade?
    The '14 was very nice inside. The cockpit feel of the '15 is very different - in a good way. The new gauge tech in the '15 is really well done. CUE is taking some getting used to, but I prefer it to the controls of the '14. The extra USB outlets are appreciated as well. The leather and stitching are comparable between the two but the suede inserts in the '15 are a very nice touch. I prefer the wood treatment in the '15. Seats in both are very comfortable.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by 714Cadi View Post
    Good to know the fix is non intrusive, congratz on your purchase... Since you're in FL, guessing you have a light color?
    Pics would be appreciated, and any insights as well...
    Actually we have Black Raven w/Jet Black interior. Will try to get pics in the next couple of days.
    wav1911 likes this.

wav1911 is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none, yet

My FAVORITE color combo on the Slade!! Can't wait to see the pix of your new ride!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.