GM! Listen to my wife
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
Cadillac Escalade and ESV Forum - 2015+ Discussion, GM! Listen to my wife in Cadillac Escalade Forums; My wife has a 2011 Platinum version and she's looking for a new one. They called her when they got ...
    fltsfshr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 Escalade Platinum Edition(traded)

GM! Listen to my wife

My wife has a 2011 Platinum version and she's looking for a new one.

They called her when they got a 2015 Premium at the local dealer. She went to look at it and her comment was "cheap". She wants more luxury.

Here's her suggestions.

1. She wants the fake air vents back on the side of the front fender.
    2. She wants a better finish on the door panels (her biggest complaint) and better material's quality on the interior overall.
    3. She wants the 3rd seat out of there (make it an option).
    4 She wants the 2nd row of seats to be farther back, more comfortable and with better vision out the windows.
    5. She wants more chrome in the front.
    6. She wants more power.
    7. She doesn't want "orange peel" on the paint.
    8. She wants massage seats.
    Regarding the cosmetic changes I'll believe her.(She's a fashion designer so she knows of what she speaks)

Regarding more power, she's a leadfoot. I vote for bigger brakes.

It's going to be interesting to see if she waits until Fall when the salesman told her he thought the Platinum would be out.

fltsfshr
    zerdian1 likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

sdgc is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 Escalade

Re: GM! Listen to my wife

Shes a fashion designer so she knows of what she speaks.....
    zerdian1 likes this.

evois is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 escalade hybrid

buy her a FFRR, I think that's what she wants?

IceColdak is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by ATX View Post
    With all of those complaints probably best buy something besides a GM. Then again maybe nothing will make her happy. Good luck.

Or design Cadillacs in her spare time

714Cadi is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '08 Escalade ESV

Sounds like she wants a Platinum ESV...
    This "orange peel" effect on the paint has come up on the S550 forum too, seems to be a prevalent issue across brands...
    My 2014 S550 has massage seats with all the bells and whistles, even "hot stone massage," and to be honest, I rarely use it anyway...
    I for one am glad that the chrome side vents are gone from the 2015, that fad has run its course and really dates cars that still have them(e.g. QX80). It's very similar to the SUV bulging fenders on the previous gen S-Class, really makes the car dated when compared to the 2014...

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

The paint on the Escalade's is worse than the paint on the caddy srx's, or at least the 4 srx's I have had compared to the dozen Escalade's, it is true that even higher price euro cars have orange peel, but nothing as bad as gm's paint in general. Yea waiting to see a 2015 platinum myself, just will have to see the price

OneStepAhead is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 15 Escalade Prem, 14 CTS VSport Prem, 15 RR Sport ATB

I must meet your wife. Almost all the same complaints I have. It does look cheap on the inside compared to her 2011 Platinum. Compared to 2007-20014 Base though it's a lot better. Despite those flaws it still has a lot of new features that I "can't live without" so I'm willing to downgrade the interior look for the time being.

duked1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): currently 2012 premium escalade

Sounds ignorant to me...

Nihsel10 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Escalade ESV Platinum 2011 Escalade ESV 2008 Hummer H2

Tell her to wait a few months to a year for the platinum. The platinum is much more lux to me.
    OneStepAhead likes this.

fltsfshr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 Escalade Platinum Edition(traded)

It's been fun, this is a good forum. We've always found it a great source of information. Today however our Escalade has turned into a QX80. I hope we like it.

Probably be my last time on here now that we're Cadillacless.

Thanks
    fltsfshr

Funny you say that, I was going to look at the QX80 today. I took a detour to the Jeep dealership instead to look at the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT. We already own a 14 Summit so the SRT hasn't really been on my radar as I thought it was too similar. Wow, that vehicle is a BEAST. I could totally see scooping that up for 2 years and picking up Platinum Escalade in 2016. Have some thinking to do this weekend.. We may become a 2 Jeep household very soon.

amunderdog is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1994 SLS x 2 ---- 1993 Eldorado Sport ----- 1994 Deville 4.9

-VS-

I guess if it makes her happy.

My thoughts are the QX80 beats the 2015 Escalade on interior and tech. However, the body shape screams SOCCER MOM ON BOARD. None the less, it's a very large luxury class SUV that fully loaded is 82k, so it's a direct competitor to the Escalade, thus on my radar. Most importantly of all, it's actually available for sale now and isnt undergoing a recall for the recall, lol.

Wahoo1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Escalade

Seem's like it is the new suv of choice for the kid toting moms around here (qx80) The center console in the second row is a deal breaker for me. Too difficult to get kids in and out of the 3rd row. Now, if I wasn't always shuttling multiple kids around, I think it is a nice car. I just really think the escalade with the walk through to the 3rd row is more conducive to where I am in my life. PLUS, if just love the bold look of the escalade

714Cadi is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '08 Escalade ESV

Quote Originally Posted by Wahoo1 View Post
    Seem's like it is the new suv of choice for the kid toting moms around here (qx80) The center console in the second row is a deal breaker for me. Too difficult to get kids in and out of the 3rd row. Now, if I wasn't always shuttling multiple kids around, I think it is a nice car. I just really think the escalade with the walk through to the 3rd row is more conducive to where I am in my life. PLUS, if just love the bold look of the escalade
    Couldn't agree more, the Lincoln and Infiniti 2nd row consoles are nice but would much rather have the 3rd row access way... It's nice to hear the female persuasion talk cars, my wife can forget what her car looks like in the parking lot sometimes... Could learn to like you if it weren't for your UVA ties...

Plus; that beluga whale front end is so hilarious, and those chrome side vents are so outdated...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.