Wailt Time for Kona Option
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes
Cadillac Escalade and ESV Forum - 2015+ Discussion, Wailt Time for Kona Option in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Ordered our Premium with Kona option in February and was wondering if anyone has an updated information on when production ...
    Milt Laughlin is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Wailt Time for Kona Option

Ordered our Premium with Kona option in February and was wondering if anyone has an updated information on when production will start and estimated delivery. Our dealer has no updated information and placing new orders have slowed due to backlog. Also I think things our moving more slowly so existing inventory in 14s and others can be reduced. This will be our 5th Escalade and trying to be calm and hope for a June delivery date.
    zerdian1 likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

crafty91 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 Escalade ESV

Re: Wailt Time for Kona Option

"Supposedly" and according to my dealer, my Premium ESV with Kona interior is in production right now. I ordered around the same time you did. I have been told delivery should be soon, however I am reading here that the constraint is on getting the darn things out of Texas!

Great to here. Hopefully will see it soon. Also heard about the backlog out of Texas. Our dealer has only had three to arrive and all sold. None were premium, two base and one luxury. Thanks for the information.

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

There was one with Kona interior, diamond white exterior in NJ, that was unsold when it came off the truck, it's since been sold to one of our customers, I hope to see it next week

IceColdak is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by hcvone View Post
    There was one with Kona interior, diamond white exterior in NJ, that was unsold when it came off the truck, it's since been sold to one of our customers, I hope to see it next week
    I would love to see some pictures of that combo!! See if you can grab a few when you see it

OneStepAhead is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2015 Escalade Premium - Majestic Orange Peel Black

Quote Originally Posted by IceColdak View Post
    I would love to see some pictures of that combo!! See if you can grab a few when you see it
    That's what I originally ordered but after seeing a non CAD render shot of the Kona I changed to black interior. They made it look like a rich dark brown in some shots but once you see the real version it's like puke brown, way too much orange for my taste. It would probably work in a red sports car, but not in an SUV. You'd be surrounded by 7 puke brown seats.

The shale would probably be the best match for white, but I already have the light linen coco interior on my Platinum and it just gets way too dirty. Someone always puts their fee on the inside door panels and then I'm stuck looking at mud until I clean it again. Went with black this time around even though I'm sick of that interior color.

edit: I saw the Kona for a 2nd time in person. It's not that bad in low lighting conditions. It's just under direct sunlight that I don't love it. I certainly like it better than all black interior.

wrs Guest

I also ordered a Black Raven Luxury with Kona interior in early March. Still waiting with no delivery date available from Cadillac. They say it is a problem getting the Kona skins. A disappointing delay given their prior indications of availability. This would be my 6th Escalade, and probably my 25 or so Cadi.

Well, just checking in since it is almost the first of June and no word from our dealer on our WD-Kono premium we ordered in February. I know there was a delay on interior due to Kono availability. Any insight from anyone who has seen or ordered similar configuration. Been patient but running low and will call dealer next week for a more detailed update and not just "still waiting" response.

Thanks for any updates.

kars79 is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by Milt Laughlin
    Well, just checking in since it is almost the first of June and no word from our dealer on our WD-Kono premium we ordered in February. I know there was a delay on interior due to Kono availability. Any insight from anyone who has seen or ordered similar configuration. Been patient but running low and will call dealer next week for a more detailed update and not just "still waiting" response. Thanks for any updates.
    If what my dealer says is true,
    Kona brown won't go in production till sep.

If you want the escalade ,
    go with shale interior,or black
    I know waiting Like this is tough.

WOW! Will see what my dealer has to say when I call him tomorrow.

shelstreet is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): none

GM need to get it together!!

I'm done waiting, I've now put a 48 hour clock on it. Either the white/diamond shale comes in, or I'll take the black/black they have on lot. I'm growing very tired of this loaner car. One way or the other I will be in a new vehicle by the end of day Wednesday.

evois is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 escalade hybrid
    Quote Originally Posted by OneStepAhead
    I'm done waiting, I've now put a 48 hour clock on it. Either the white/diamond shale comes in, or I'll take the black/black they have on lot. I'm growing very tired of this loaner car. One way or the other I will be in a new vehicle by the end of day Wednesday.
    The black on black looks better. The storage compartment of the lighter colors at the back looks like an afterthought compared to black.

Well I personally hated the black interior, but it's better than nothing. What storage compartment are you talking about? The center console? The glovebox?

gmfamily is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS V-Sport/2015 Escalade/Sold 2013 CTS-V Stealth Ed

Quote Originally Posted by kars79 View Post
    If what my dealer says is true,
    Kona brown won't go in production till sep.

If you want the escalade ,
    go with shale interior,or black
    I know waiting Like this is tough.

Won't Sept start the new production?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.