Wailt Time for Kona Option - Page 6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes
Cadillac Escalade and ESV Forum - 2015+ Discussion, Wailt Time for Kona Option in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Originally Posted by shelstreet The wheels are on point!!! Are they on the cadillac site?? They are on the cadillac ...
    OneStepAhead is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2015 Escalade Premium - Majestic Orange Peel Black

Re: Wailt Time for Kona Option

Quote Originally Posted by shelstreet View Post
    The wheels are on point!!! Are they on the cadillac site??
    They are on the cadillac accessories site and in the first post of the wheel thread I started the other day. First time I've seen them on an Escalade though.

They are the SEZ wheels:

http://cadillacaccessories.com/en-US...7)%20-%20SEZ/#

Congrats on being the first member to have Kona AND those wheels!

det2972 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2015 ESV Premium

Quote Originally Posted by GM-4-LIFE View Post
    Milt,

LOOKS AWESOME! Congrats!
    Great pic's.. Can't believe you got the Kona .. WOW.. Been waiting .. for mine also..but an ESV.. how long did your's take from order to delivery?

GM-4-LIFE is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 MN6 V Coupe, 2015i Escalade Premium

Quote Originally Posted by zerdian1 View Post
    GM4LIFE
    RTVNF3 PLEASE CHECK STATUS.
    My Dealer said Kona was holding my order.
    I changed to Shale and Cocoa and retractable steps.
    the 360 degree camera and other new things can not be ordered at this time.
    I hope the shale is closer to tan than to grey?

----------

Gm4life
    rtvnf3 please check status.
    Order is at 1100 status.

I just checked Cadillac's national constraint guide and the Kona Brown option is on constraint until the week of July 21. It is subject to change, but that is what they are listing as the target production week for Kona Brown orders.

so are you saying.. that if you ordered kona it will not be in production till the 21 July?

Milt Laughlin is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    det2972,
    Our order for a premium WD/Kono was placed through our dealer in early February. In fact it was the first order accepted from our dealer to Cadallac. I have a workbench print out dated 2/6/14 that shows a status of 3000 (accepted by production control). Delivery took place on 6/18/14. So about 4 1/2 months. Not sure what this means since changes for better or worse can effect time lines.

Regards,
    Milt

Thank you.. I have to call..

Quote Originally Posted by det2972 View Post
    so are you saying.. that if you ordered kona it will not be in production till the 21 July?
    Correct, however the orders that have been in the system the longest will get built at the soonest of the week of July 21. New orders going in now (if GM even accepts it) may not get built until August or September, unless of course the Kona Brown supplier magically delivers thousands of sets of interior components in the next month.

ok.. so 4 and half months I been waiting since april so 2 1/2 went by so far.. lets see what happens

Hang in there! GM should have all these issues sorted out soon...hopefully!

Off topic. With these new 15 Premiums, if I try to run full speed into a brick wall, my car will stop itself-- right? I'm afraid to try it. If I do I'll be sure to record it for you guys.

Milt Laughlin is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Good question! I know that if you pull up to fast on another vehicle, depending on the setting you select, a red blinking box shows up on your HUD and both sides of your butt vibrates. Not sure I would be that brave to not apply breaks to either stop or lengthen the distance within the safe zone that was selected. Also, the distance display car, green when detected at a safe distance, changes to orange when you are getting too close and before the flashing/vibrate kicks in.

Milt

I can turn off and on the automatic breaking feature in my Cue settings. It's on right now. I assume this uses the front sensors and wouldn't need to be locked on to an actual vehicle with radar the way ACC works. I had a loaner SRX last month and I pulled out of my driveway in reverse pretty fast and the vehicle threw on the brakes for me. I thought I had hit something. So I'm thinking the answer is yes, the Escalade Premium will not allow you to run into a brick wall. Luxury and below you can still run in to brick walls all you want (I think).

The question is, will it apply the brakes before you actually hit the wall? Or will it apply them while you are hitting the wall to mitigate the damage? I guess it all depends on your speed. If you are going 60MPH into the wall it probably won't stop you before you hit, but maybe it will if you are only going 20.

There is another Premium specific feature that I never figured out what it was exactly.. "front cornering lamps". Anyone know what they are?

zerdian1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 15 Escalade ESV, 14 Mercedes, had Vette, 2Cadis, T-B & Chevy

Front Corning Lamps. I have had them on a few of my Cadillac's. They light up with a light on the corner. This allows you to see a little of the area not lit by the high or low beams. Good in parking lots or on deserted areas without lights. I know they are good at slow speed, but I would guess they work at any speed.

----------

I am not about to try that myself, run into a brick wall, with my new 2015 Escalade when and if I ever get it.
    i just saw a Subaru commercial for a 2014 Subaru. They shot it into a wall and it stopped itself. no one was in the car.
    I saw a Mercedes commercial for 2014 with stock cars crashing into one another. the Mercedes with the gas pedal depressed, refused to hit the other car. I do not think I have that option in my 2014 Mercedes. But I do not intend to test it to find out.

The Subaru commercial is actually what got me thinking about the feature! In a former life I was a big Subaru fan. I still sort of am, just wouldn't actually drive one myself these days.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.