Wailt Time for Kona Option - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes
Cadillac Escalade and ESV Forum - 2015+ Discussion, Wailt Time for Kona Option in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Originally Posted by OneStepAhead Well I personally hated the black interior, but it's better than nothing. What storage compartment are ...
    evois is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 escalade hybrid

Re: Wailt Time for Kona Option

Quote Originally Posted by OneStepAhead View Post
    Well I personally hated the black interior, but it's better than nothing. What storage compartment are you talking about? The center console? The glovebox?
    the storage after the third row. the compartment has a lighter color compared to the rest of the trim.

mkosharkii is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade, 2005 STS4
    Lol. I thought I was the only one who noticed that. I just looked at a white diamond/shale that came into the dealer the other day. The first thing I noticed when I opened the hatch was the big plastic trim piece that covers the end of the raised area. It was clearly a different color than any of the other trim in the car. When I opened the passenger door, I also noticed that the wood trim was not properly aligned to the dash on the very end. Hopefully those things and some of the other minor trim fitment issues I noticed will be remedied as production continues.

kars79 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by gmfamily
    Won't Sept start the new production?
    Sep 8th orders can be placed but production probably be first week of oct.

It's stupid how caddy deals with all these changes but I feel bad for the people who is waiting on kona brown.

ROADRUNNER2 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX 2015 Escalade

According to my dealer, which is just info that may be right or wrong, there is supposed to be a surge of Premium Escalades with Kona being produced around June 1st. We'll see. When I ordered mine in Feb, I really never thought it would be this long. It's been so long now that I've lost a lot of my excitement about getting it.
    OneStepAhead likes this.

Milt Laughlin is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Well, this is getting frustrating at an increasing rate! Changed our order to Shale from Kona on a Premium that had the correct color, WD, and all options previously within my original order back in February. This is from a cancelled order due to a lease deadline. Great news it is completed and I have the VIN. But, to my displeasure it is on HOLD in Texas and no clue from anyone I have talked to as to when shipment to my dealer will happen. I don't find fault with my dealer where I have purchased 8 other vehicles in the past, including 4 Escalades, from the same sales rep. They seem as frustrated as I am and not sure they know where to get the answers for something out of their control.

GM needs to fix this mess on one of the biggest role outs they have had in some time. Sure hope we get some answers soon. Will now go into a pain in the a** mode in calling for updates. Not sure what else to do at this point!

Milt

CooperDay is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2015 Escalade

[QUOTE=Milt Laughlin;12628241]
    GM needs to fix this mess on one of the biggest role outs they have had in some time. Sure hope we get some answers soon. Will now go into a pain in the a** mode in calling for updates. Not sure what else to do at this point!
    /QUOTE]

I couldn't agree more! Tomorrow it will be two weeks I've been waiting. It is built and in dealer inventory, sitting in Texas. Dealer checked yesterday and all they could get from GM was that it was going through "quality control" whatever that means!

Quote Originally Posted by Milt Laughlin
    Well, this is getting frustrating at an increasing rate! Changed our order to Shale from Kona on a Premium that had the correct color, WD, and all options previously within my original order back in February. This is from a cancelled order due to a lease deadline. Great news it is completed and I have the VIN. But, to my displeasure it is on HOLD in Texas and no clue from anyone I have talked to as to when shipment to my dealer will happen. I don't find fault with my dealer where I have purchased 8 other vehicles in the past, including 4 Escalades, from the same sales rep. They seem as frustrated as I am and not sure they know where to get the answers for something out of their control. GM needs to fix this mess on one of the biggest role outs they have had in some time. Sure hope we get some answers soon. Will now go into a pain in the a** mode in calling for updates. Not sure what else to do at this point! Milt
    This point stop calling your dealer and customer care and think it will be there next month.
    My truck sat in arlington for 58 days before shipped to my dealer.
    So I know how you feel,
    Every time I talked to someone from costumer care said something different and dealer didn't know what's going on.
    I was getting more and more frustrated then I stopped calling my dealer and cc,
    Went ahead and purchased one from another dealership.
    OneStepAhead likes this.

My Plum/Kona order went to status 3300 Order Scheduled for Production. I ordered on 2-11-14. At least something is moving on a Kona order. It would be cool if it was built in the next couple days.
    gmfamily likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ROADRUNNER2
    My Plum/Kona order went to status 3300 Order Scheduled for Production. I ordered on 2-11-14. At least something is moving on a Kona order. It would be cool if it was built in the next couple days.
    Finally Happy to hear it's gonna be made, You should get it in about a month maybe little bit faster since you are in tx

Milt Laughlin is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    We were just informed that our premium WD/Kona is in 3400 and on to distribution. This order was placed around 2/6/14. Hoping to see it by the end of June or first week in July. Since production just finished this week hopefully and recall items we corrected before build.

Seems like some progress at last!!!

Milt
    OneStepAhead and gmfamily like this.

My Plum/Kona hit 3400 today, which means it has been broadcast for the production line.

GM-4-LIFE is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 MN6 V Coupe, 2015i Escalade on Order

On GM's national constraint report, the Kona Brown option is on constraint for 10-12 weeks currently.

Yes mine has been waiting for 13 weeks at 3000 so I guess that is an accurate measurement. 3400 means it is finally on production line.

gmfamily is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS V-Sport/2015 Escalade/Sold 2013 CTS-V Stealth Ed

Quote Originally Posted by GM-4-LIFE View Post
    On GM's national constraint report, the Kona Brown option is on constraint for 10-12 weeks currently.
    I saw this as well, I thought we would not see a Kona interior Escalade until Sept?

GM-4-LIFE is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 MN6 V Coupe, 2015i Escalade on Order

Quote Originally Posted by ROADRUNNER2 View Post
    Yes mine has been waiting for 13 weeks at 3000 so I guess that is an accurate measurement. 3400 means it is finally on production line.
    3400 means it has been broadcast for production, but not quite on the assembly line. Once it goes from 3400 to 3800, it has been built. 3400 means it is waiting to hit production. I had a car recently built that sat in 3400 status for over a month, so don't be fooled by the 3400 status. To me, 3400 status merely means you are waiting for the final month before it actually gets built. 3400 with the K2xx platform SUVs means nothing. 3800 status is what you want and what you REALLY want after that is the 4200 status and the 5000 status.

Here is the event status code guide:

1100, Preliminary order accepted
    2000, Order accepted by GM
    2030, Order re-edited (if necessary)
    2051, Order changed thru Web
    2500, Order preferenced
    3000, Order accepted by production control
    3100, Order available to sequence
    3300, Order scheduled for production
    3400, Order broadcast
    3800, Order produced
    4000, Available to ship
    4104, Bailment Invoice
    4200, Shipped
    4300, Intermediate Delivery
    4B00, Bayed
    5000, Delivered to the dealer
    6000, Delivered to the customer
    9000, Order Cancelled
    gmfamily likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.