My new escalade - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree14Likes
Cadillac Escalade and ESV Forum - 2015+ Discussion, My new escalade in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I'm sure it is very nice. I saw the black premium in novi and it looked very classy. I would ...
    evois is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 escalade hybrid

Re: My new escalade

I'm sure it is very nice. I saw the black premium in novi and it looked very classy. I would think the black interior is the best there is. hope your vin is not included in the airbag recall. all dealerships put a stop in releasing all escalade because of it. I thought it was just for rebadging, it was something more serious.

OneStepAhead is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2015 Escalade Premium - Majestic Orange Peel Black

Quote Originally Posted by kars79 View Post
    Guys,

Got to tell you,
    I'm loving escalade more and more.
    I wasn't very happy at first with black interior but it looks real elegant.

Only issue that I have is acc,
    Sometimes it feels like it's not gonna stop because it gets too close the car at the stoplight so I come in and push the brake myself and it disengage the adaptive cruise.

Music system is pretty good
    Better then gmt 900.

I'm getting pretty good gas mileage.
    At least 2mpg in city/highway then gmt 900.

It feels faster and burns less gas,
    Cap less fuel tank is nice.
    You know you can adjust the following distance on the ACC right? I dont think it gets too close and I had it set on the middle level. If anything It could of stopped later. I've never been one to brake early though! Really not a fan of the black interior, I thought it was too overwhelming. It's just black everywhere. Felt like I was at a rap concert or the neighborhood chicken joint One thing I really don't like is the metallic trim around the Cue system. They should of done it in wood, now that would of been HOT!

kars79 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by OneStepAhead
    You know you can adjust the following distance on the ACC right? I dont think it gets too close and I had it set on the middle level. If anything It could of stopped later. I've never been one to brake early though! Really not a fan of the black interior, I thought it was too overwhelming. It's just black everywhere. Felt like I was at a rap concert or the neighborhood chicken joint One thing I really don't like is the metallic trim around the Cue system. They should of done it in wood, now that would of been HOT!
    Wood around cue is a bad idea,
    At least for my taste.

Problem with acc that I see on escalade,
    Doesn't matter what distance you put between your SUV and vehicle ahead of you it doesn't seems like it's as smooth/accurate as cts sedan.

Quote Originally Posted by ATX View Post
    Black/Black is the only way to go IMHO.
    Could not disagree more. It's the only interior that I wouldn't buy and I typically like black interiors. I suppose that's why they make multiple interiors though, something to please everyone. Black exterior.. Maybe if you enjoy washing your vehicle everyday and live in a state that doesn't salt their roads.

Could not disagree more. It's the only interior that I wouldn't buy and I typically like black interiors. I suppose that's why they make multiple interiors though, something to please everyone. Black exterior.. Maybe if you enjoy washing your vehicle everyday and live in a state that doesn't salt their roads.
    I don't mind washing my black escalade hybrid and my black range rover sport!
    wav1911 likes this.

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

I am too old and have too many cars/trucks to have ANY black painted car or truck, they look great just too much work when you are old.
    OneStepAhead likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by evois View Post
    I don't mind washing my black escalade hybrid and my black range rover sport!
    Get much snow down there in Little Rock? He'll if I lived down there I'd likely pick up a CTS-V instead. RWD isn't a good look up north though. I'm more the kind of guy who washes the exterior every two months and interior twice a year. Of course during the first month of owning a vehicle I'm probably taking it to the wash once a week, but that gets tiring real quick.

Get much snow down there in Little Rock? He'll if I lived down there I'd likely pick up a CTS-V instead. RWD isn't a good look up north though. I'm more the kind of guy who washes the exterior every two months and interior twice a year. Of course during the first month of owning a vehicle I'm probably taking it to the wash once a week, but that gets tiring real quick.
    I travel to Michigan a lot and each time I was driving I-40 to I-57 I met the only snowstorm of the month. So regular washing keeps my black raven shiny.

Foxgrove DTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac DTS

Congrats!
    There is nothing like a new Caddy!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.