My new escalade - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
Cadillac Escalade and ESV Forum - 2015+ Discussion, My new escalade in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Posting using the app in the iPhone is easier with pics!...
    evois is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 escalade hybrid
    Posting using the app in the iPhone is easier with pics!

itsrixter is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Escalade ESV

Re: My new escalade

Picture of the key fob is in my post http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...oto-video.html

Quote Originally Posted by shelstreet View Post
    Sounds very nice!! I can't wait to get one. Does the key fob nice? Or does it look like the Yukon one? (Rubber and plastic)

gmfamily is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS V-Sport/2015 Escalade/Sold 2013 CTS-V Stealth Ed

OP, did you test drive the Range Rover or GL, I know you said you considered them? We drove the GL550 (nice) but really needs the S Class interior. We never could corner a new Ranger Rover, but I assume its amazing! As soon as my dealer calls we are going to go test drive the new Escalade. We only got our 14 Jeep GC Summit (which we love) four months ago, so I don't know what we will do?

What are your impressions of the Escalade compared to the others you have driven? I know the interior is a huge step up from the older model. The interior in my 14 CTS is miles above my prior 13 CTS-V. You mentioned it felt like a LX570, we also drove that, but were not impressed (very surprised) I thought we were going to love it because Lexus is the definition of smooth feeling luxury. I am not sure if we will work a discount on a left over 15 or wait for the Platinum. OP, I totally understand why you pulled the trigger now. Like you we had been waiting forever for the new Escalade. Now that we are in the Jeep, it could not hurt to wait a bit longer to see the Platinum. My only problem is the Platinum price, for the equipment you will get. I am sure it will be priced between 90K and 100K. At that price it now competes with the highest trimmed trucks on the market AMG/M/HSE/Autobiography, etc...

OneStepAhead is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2015 Escalade Premium - Majestic Orange Peel Black

If you really can't figure out how to resize a pic just upload them to imgur.com and post the link.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by gmfamily View Post
    OP, did you test drive the Range Rover or GL, I know you said you considered them? We drove the GL550 (nice) but really needs the S Class interior. We never could corner a new Ranger Rover, but I assume its amazing! As soon as my dealer calls we are going to go test drive the new Escalade. We only got our 14 Jeep GC Summit (which we love) four months ago, so I don't know what we will do?

What are your impressions of the Escalade compared to the others you have driven? I know the interior is a huge step up from the older model. The interior in my 14 CTS is miles above my prior 13 CTS-V. You mentioned it felt like a LX570, we also drove that, but were not impressed (very surprised) I thought we were going to love it because Lexus is the definition of smooth feeling luxury. I am not sure if we will work a discount on a left over 15 or wait for the Platinum. OP, I totally understand why you pulled the trigger now. Like you we had been waiting forever for the new Escalade. Now that we are in the Jeep, it could not hurt to wait a bit longer to see the Platinum. My only problem is the Platinum price, for the equipment you will get. I am sure it will be priced between 90K and 100K. At that price it now competes with the highest trimmed trucks on the market AMG/M/HSE/Autobiography, etc...
    I test drove the RR 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography (138k) and the Sport. Also considered the 550 but my local dealer doesn't have any in stock to look at. I'm afraid the 550 will have the same problem though, too small. Maybe I'm wrong as I've never seen one in person. For me price has little to do with it, I can afford any of the top SUVs on the market, I just want whichever one I like best. The Autobiography trim was pushing 140k though. I didn't like it over my Platinum, mainly because of the size. If you are willing to go smaller, a lot of options open up. No one is making a big luxury SUV except Cadillac that I know of, and that's a deal breaker for me. Maybe the G Wagon, but again no one has them to even look at around here.

Is anyone buying a 2015 Escalade that has a recent year Platinum? I'm excited about some of the 2015's features, but the interior isn't nearly as nice as my 2012 Platinum. I LOVE the wood wheel and the all wood, leather and metal interior. Really disappointed they dropped the platinum trim for this release. I'm picking up a Premium for now, but I'll likely sell it the second a platinum is released.

Seems like many of us own an Escalade and got a Jeep for our significant others. She loves her 2014 Summit, and I'll admit I drive it sometimes too. We got the hemi upgrade and it's fast as hell off the line compared to my Platinum. We almost got the SRT except I was afraid she'd kill herself driving it, haha. Honestly the Jeep has many of the same features as the RR, definitely not worth double the price for it in my opinion.

gmfamily is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS V-Sport/2015 Escalade/Sold 2013 CTS-V Stealth Ed

Quote Originally Posted by OneStepAhead View Post
    If you really can't figure out how to resize a pic just upload them to imgur.com and post the link.

----------

I test drove the RR 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography (138k) and the Sport. Also considered the 550 but my local dealer doesn't have any in stock to look at. I'm afraid the 550 will have the same problem though, too small. Maybe I'm wrong as I've never seen one in person. For me price has little to do with it, I can afford any of the top SUVs on the market, I just want whichever one I like best. The Autobiography trim was pushing 140k though. I didn't like it over my Platinum, mainly because of the size. If you are willing to go smaller, a lot of options open up. No one is making a big luxury SUV except Cadillac that I know of, and that's a deal breaker for me. Maybe the G Wagon, but again no one has them to even look at around here.

Is anyone buying a 2015 Escalade that has a recent year Platinum? I'm excited about some of the 2015's features, but the interior isn't nearly as nice as my 2012 Platinum. I LOVE the wood wheel and the all wood, leather and metal interior. Really disappointed they dropped the platinum trim for this release. I'm picking up a Premium for now, but I'll likely sell it the second a platinum is released.

Seems like many of us own an Escalade and got a Jeep for our significant others. She loves her 2014 Summit, and I'll admit I drive it sometimes too. We got the hemi upgrade and it's fast as hell off the line compared to my Platinum. We almost got the SRT except I was afraid she'd kill herself driving it, haha. Honestly the Jeep has many of the same features as the RR, definitely not worth double the price for it in my opinion.
    If size is a major factor, please do test drive the GL550 or GL63. We took my father in-law (6'5 big big guy- drives Ram Quad Cap) he barely fit in our Denali and he had tons of headroom in the GL. The only let down was the interior is dated even when we designed it with the designo interior. If it had the new S class interior, my wife would be driving it now.

Yes the Summit Jeep is the American RR! To my displeasure it gets more comments than my V-Sport. My wife loves it as well, and we also thought about the SRT. We just didn't want to give up the off road capability(no adjustable ride height) for the added performance. We wanted the diesel, but ended up with the Hemi. That being said, Hemi does have excellent acceleration.

On a side note, just finished looking at new Denali. Was not super impressed, in fact I may like LTZ Tahoe better. Nav screen appeared small compared to CUE . We enjoyed or 09 Denali, but I think it will be back to Escalade once Platinum arrives.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Nihsel10 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Escalade ESV Platinum 2011 Escalade ESV 2008 Hummer H2

I have a GL550. it got lots of head room, but the width is too small compared to the Escalade and my Hummer. The GL is based from the S-class chassis and yes the dash and interior is dated.

kars79 is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by gmfamily
    OP, did you test drive the Range Rover or GL, I know you said you considered them? We drove the GL550 (nice) but really needs the S Class interior. We never could corner a new Ranger Rover, but I assume its amazing! As soon as my dealer calls we are going to go test drive the new Escalade. We only got our 14 Jeep GC Summit (which we love) four months ago, so I don't know what we will do? What are your impressions of the Escalade compared to the others you have driven? I know the interior is a huge step up from the older model. The interior in my 14 CTS is miles above my prior 13 CTS-V. You mentioned it felt like a LX570, we also drove that, but were not impressed (very surprised) I thought we were going to love it because Lexus is the definition of smooth feeling luxury. I am not sure if we will work a discount on a left over 15 or wait for the Platinum. OP, I totally understand why you pulled the trigger now. Like you we had been waiting forever for the new Escalade. Now that we are in the Jeep, it could not hurt to wait a bit longer to see the Platinum. My only problem is the Platinum price, for the equipment you will get. I am sure it will be priced between 90K and 100K. At that price it now competes with the highest trimmed trucks on the market AMG/M/HSE/Autobiography, etc...
    I did test drive GL and liked car like drive or more like crossover I should say,
    I went to test drive Range Rover,
    Sat in it
    Didn't like how salesman was and left without test driving it.

Best interior between all 3 is RR in my opinion,
    Even tho it's been couple of years since it came out interior still looks elegant and well designed.

GL interior is nice too but just felt different,
    Even tho on the papers GL seems to be pretty big
    It just didn't give that feeling.

Driving GL it's like a car,
    Very fast,very smooth,interior doesn't feel as big as escalade,
    As soon as you are driving the escalade you feel that you are driving a truck based vehicle
    Sitting so high,
    I personally like that a lot.

It's polished truck.
    Driving dynamics can't keep up with GL but again I think they are very different rides.

I did test drive land cruiser and I'm guessing lexus Lx driving probably feels about same,
    They really are smooth vehicle,
    No fun to drive but smooth and quite.

Escalade is fun to drive but not rough like it was before.
    Very very quite.
    Interior quality is way above gmt 900 but sadly I already hear rattle from dash and clinging noise which I don't know where it's coming from.

New interiors are so much nicer in Cadillacs.
    Even tho I don't like cue I Like it better.

If you can at least wait till October so you can get 8 speed transmission,logo,4g and I'm sure few more things will be updated
    I just couldn't wait anymore.

Just like you said Platinum price will be around 90 IMO
    Will it be worth to get a platinum.
    I don't really know.

I felt like you,
    Because paying over $70k you really want something real nice and rare but new escalade
    Is well worthed.
    hcvone and OneStepAhead like this.

I don't really care much about 8 speed or new badges (in fact I'd probable try and put the old badges back on). Not sure what good 4G would be in a car, all my devices already get 4G. Would I really pay a monthly fee for 4g in my car too? Doubtful.

For me what I want out of a platinum is more BLING and more power. I'd like to see a lot more use of exotic woods (that you can actually pick from) , more leather choices, more exterior colors that are exclusive to platinum, more rim styles, rear seat entertainment (not just overhead) and 550+ HP. If it had a built in mini fridge and more cameras and could parallel park itself that would be icing on the cake, platinum is supposed to be about luxury after all. Right now the 2015 is just marginally better than the new Yukon, i think there is a lot of room to expand the gap between the two.

The Premium I ordered I think was around 88k with the power steps, I'm sure Platinum will come in closer to 100.

Without a doubt RR has the best interior. Too bad the exterior design sucks in my opinion. I like their LR4 body style better, the RR is too low. Yeah you can raise it, but it lowers automatically once you go over 20mph. We went to London a few months back. The RR was probably the most common SUV on the road, it was insane how many there where. I also noticed Europeans don't like chrome rims, didn't see a single vehicle with them. Seems strange. In fact they don't even offer chrome wheels on the RR.

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

My GL63 seems small when driving it, but the inside has a lot of room, the Escalade seems big driving, but seems to lack inside room, the GL is more car like than truck like when driving, and it is sick fast, and seems lighter around corners.

jmontague@pmpn.com is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Am I missing something on the GL? I see it "compared" to the Escalade all over this forum but it looks like a car to me not a truck. Is it even in the same size class? I have driven a RR and really like it but I'm waiting for my Lade to come in a few weeks from now before I decide which way to go. But I really didn't see anything else in the class of those two trucks. Not throwing stones at all. My sister in law had a GL and it is definitely a crossover.

The GL63 was definitely on my radar, but it's too European looking for my tastes. This new pussification of the SUV (making them smaller and rounded) is really disheartening.

How many whips do you own man? Different one for everyday of the week?

----------

Quote Originally Posted by jmontague@pmpn.com View Post
    Am I missing something on the GL? I see it "compared" to the Escalade all over this forum but it looks like a car to me not a truck. Is it even in the same size class? I have driven a RR and really like it but I'm waiting for my Lade to come in a few weeks from now before I decide which way to go. But I really didn't see anything else in the class of those two trucks. Not throwing stones at all. My sister in law had a GL and it is definitely a crossover.
    You're correct, there really isnt many luxury choices in the same size class. Maybe the G Wagon.

mat1634 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '15 Premium Slade (on order)

Quote Originally Posted by OneStepAhead View Post
    This new pussification of the SUV (making them smaller and rounded) is really disheartening.
    THAT might just be the funniest thing I've read all day!! It's still early, but that about made me fall off my chair with laughter. Pussification. I love it. I'm going to have to try and incorporate that into my daily vernacular.
    OneStepAhead likes this.

evois is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 escalade hybrid
    I just had the chance to test a new premium with black on black. I thought I wouldn't like it but hey it is very classy in black just like my range rover though it did not have the white stitching. My escalade hybrid has the cashmere color and maybe I'm just getting tired of it. After looking at it in person, I think it is a best buy for cadillac. The elevated storage didn't look afterthought in black. The HUD and adaptive cruise was impressive. No need to wait for the 8 speed or shield IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihsel10 View Post
    I have a GL550. it got lots of head room, but the width is too small compared to the Escalade and my Hummer. The GL is based from the S-class chassis and yes the dash and interior is dated.
    Went and drove the 550 today. Wasn't impressed unfortunately. They have a gl63 coming in tomorrow but since it looks the same as the 550 I doubt I'll like it. I did like the interior though, didn't seem dated to me, but I also haven't looked at the S class interior. The 550 is just too soccer mom looking for my tastes. The first words out of my girlfriend mouth where "it looks like a minivan" haha. It has some room, but not like the Escalade, unless it's just an optical illusion.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by mat1634 View Post
    THAT might just be the funniest thing I've read all day!! It's still early, but that about made me fall off my chair with laughter. Pussification. I love it. I'm going to have to try and incorporate that into my daily vernacular.
    Wish I could take credit for it, one of my Facebook friends used it in a post a few weeks back about an unrelated matter, I also about fell out of my chair!

kars79 is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 escalade
    Guys,

Got to tell you,
    I'm loving escalade more and more.
    I wasn't very happy at first with black interior but it looks real elegant.

Only issue that I have is acc,
    Sometimes it feels like it's not gonna stop because it gets too close the car at the stoplight so I come in and push the brake myself and it disengage the adaptive cruise.

Music system is pretty good
    Better then gmt 900.

I'm getting pretty good gas mileage.
    At least 2mpg in city/highway then gmt 900.

It feels faster and burns less gas,
    Cap less fuel tank is nice.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.