Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Modding Escalade rear Lights

4K views 24 replies 11 participants last post by  MrHolland 
#1 · (Edited)
Since belltech and wilwood is on board with my build pretty much going to do this as one of my first mods.

Well I dont like how the rear Escalade lights look so talked to my paint guy and now deciding what we are going to do . Will be going with body colored but just did a quick edit on black. You guys will like my build.

Stock

black

Body colored

See less See more
#17 ·
Towing capacity is the same.

Its the image. Even though the denali has a cadillac engine, doesn't look like a cadillac. I agree it would look weird if someone was using a denali to tow a CTS-V, even though I have seen it before. What would be really cool is a Escalade V towing a CTS-V, if they ever make a Escalade V in the pipeline.

#19 ·
Nihsel10 said:
Towing capacity is the same. Its the image. Even though the denali has a cadillac engine, doesn't look like a cadillac. I agree it would look weird if someone was using a denali to tow a CTS-V, even though I have seen it before. What would be really cool is a Escalade V towing a CTS-V, if they ever make a Escalade V in the pipeline.
I'm trying to decide now between both 13' CTS V coupe and 13' Escalade. I have a '10 escalade currently that I have owned 4 years this April. I have loved this truck and had 0 problems but I usually dump a vehicle once the warranty is up. On the CTS-V side, I have always wanted one of these ever since they came out. I think they are one of the most beautiful cars ever made.

The problem I'm having is that I want a V coupe bad but part of me wants another escalade. I love driving SUVs, I have a SL500 also currently and always go for the escalade when going out instead of the SL. Also I live in Boston and the winters here are bad, but I have a F350 that I drive in bad weather instead of the escalade so that wouldn't be a big deal. There's just something about that coupe that's excites me, but I feel it will be fun for a year or so and then that's it.

I'm going to stop rambling now lol, my question is to you is, since you have both which one do you prefer?

#20 ·
I, imo, would wait for the new CTS-V to come out, if you haven't seen the spy pics of it. Looks nice so far, along with those quad tips. That way its more updated and could save you some in the future if you were to purchase it like around 2016- whenever. Just need to add snow tires and the V is good to go in the winter. Thats what I am saving up for.

My fam sold the '10 for the '13 Platinum ESV. (got a good offer to trade) There is not that much difference between the '10, and '13, just software updates in the nav that includes weather and a AUX input. Almost the same as the '11 ESV. Also you get free service if you get an Escalade after 2011, which is amazing and a plus.

http://www.cadillac.com/owners/premium-care-maintenance.html

"I have a '10 escalade currently that I have owned 4 years this April."

almost around the same time we got ours (late may,early juneish). lol

#21 ·
Had zero problems with my ctsv's, and all but my one exploding Escalade in 2007 have been trouble free as well, add pully's, larger intercooler, header and a tune and it has performance near a stock ZR1, and it still looks stock, the new cts will be nice when the v shows up. The rear lights painted the body color looks the best, I will do the denali lights and filler posts if they make a platinum, really dislike the new rear lights

#23 ·
hcvone said:
Had zero problems with my ctsv's, and all but my one exploding Escalade in 2007 have been trouble free as well, add pully's, larger intercooler, header and a tune and it has performance near a stock ZR1, and it still looks stock, the new cts will be nice when the v shows up. The rear lights painted the body color looks the best, I will do the denali lights and filler posts if they make a platinum, really dislike the new rear lights
Wow that red is unbelieveable

----------

Nihsel10 said:
I, imo, would wait for the new CTS-V to come out, if you haven't seen the spy pics of it. Looks nice so far, along with those quad tips. That way its more updated and could save you some in the future if you were to purchase it like around 2016- whenever. Just need to add snow tires and the V is good to go in the winter. Thats what I am saving up for. My fam sold the '10 for the '13 Platinum ESV. (got a good offer to trade) There is not that much difference between the '10, and '13, just software updates in the nav that includes weather and a AUX input. Almost the same as the '11 ESV. Also you get free service if you get an Escalade after 2011, which is amazing and a plus. http://www.cadillac.com/owners/premium-care-maintenance.html "I have a '10 escalade currently that I have owned 4 years this April." almost around the same time we got ours (late may,early juneish). lol
How much did you get for a trade on your '10? Mine has 44k miles on it and is in perfect condition (minus the custom painted color matching moldings). I'm figuring a $37-$38k trade.

I know they are pretty much the same, the one I have no is a white premium and the one I'm looking at is a black luxury. I don't really care for the retracting running boards and rear entertainment. In the 4 years I have owned the escalade I haven't used the TV once, to me it's a waste.

I know the trucks are the same, I'm just big on warranty and want to dump it before it's up. I kept 2 Benzes 1 year off warranty and one of the Benzes, the shocks went and it was going to cost me $1900 a shock and that wasn't a dealer price and the other one was going to run me over $5k in stupid repairs. These car companies time these things, hence the 4 year warranty. Plus like u said if I get a 13' I get the great service plan that will save me a lot the next few years.

#24 ·
How much did you get for a trade on your '10? Mine has 44k miles on it and is in perfect condition (minus the custom painted color matching moldings). I'm figuring a $37-$38k trade.

I know they are pretty much the same, the one I have no is a white premium and the one I'm looking at is a black luxury. I don't really care for the retracting running boards and rear entertainment. In the 4 years I have owned the escalade I haven't used the TV once, to me it's a waste.

I know the trucks are the same, I'm just big on warranty and want to dump it before it's up. I kept 2 Benzes 1 year off warranty and one of the Benzes, the shocks went and it was going to cost me $1900 a shock and that wasn't a dealer price and the other one was going to run me over $5k in stupid repairs. These car companies time these things, hence the 4 year warranty. Plus like u said if I get a 13' I get the great service plan that will save me a lot the next few years.
I'll PM you :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.