2015 Tahoe ltz
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac Escalade and ESV Forum - 2015+ Discussion, 2015 Tahoe ltz in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I test drove tahoe ltz yesterday, All I can say is WOW. What a difference, So smooth,so quite and comfortable. ...
    kars79 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 escalade

2015 Tahoe ltz

I test drove tahoe ltz yesterday,
    All I can say is WOW.
    What a difference,
    So smooth,so quite and comfortable.
    Steering felt great and well balanced with 22's.
    Lots of leather all around,
    Looks way better then pictures.
    Everything I touched felt like I'm in range rover.
    Nav screen was bright and very responsive.
    Engine felt a lot more livelier then old 5.3 engine.
    Msrp was high, $70750.
    But for what you are getting I don't think people will complain much at all.
    If tahoe is this good I just can't wait for escalade to come out.
    Only complain that I have is
    Since 3rd row fold flat it seems like less room back there but I would much rather for it to fold flat then take them out.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

gmfamily is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS V-Sport/2015 Escalade/Sold 2013 CTS-V Stealth Ed
    For 71k it should feel like a Range Rover, being that the Range Rover sport starts at 62k lol. The price of the GM trucks is outrageous. You should never have a Chevy priced with a Range Rover. I am not saying the Tahoe is not a good SUV, it's just competing too up market. It will become like the Toyota Land Cruiser, a rare, overpriced, slow selling unit. At least the the Land Crusier can off road and you can pass it down to grandchildren with 300,000 miles. With all the new electronics the 70k Tahoe will be sitting in Chevy service the first couple of years. Sorry to vent, just upset I had to buy a Jeep because the price to value on the new Escalade is horrible. How about taking some of the huge profit GM makes on these and produce a product that's ahead of the competition, not just catching up. Is there one area the GM trucks are better than their competition?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Stingray23 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: 2015 Tahoe ltz

$71K is outrageous for a Tahoe. I dont care how many options it has. These prices are getting out of hand.

sdgc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Escalade

every car i have ever driven was GREAT the first tim i drove it... its a new car. drive it in 5 years and lets see..... hopefully the goodness stays.

BEarle is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac Escalade
    I was just having that convo today how the inflation on these cars are crazy, I mean $70k for a Tahoe! I remember not too long ago a fully loaded Tahoe with be in the high $40ks. I mean family's are going to buy these things, what family is going to buy a $70k Tahoe? I wouldn't buy one now anyways I would never buy a first year model. I think I'm going to upgrade my '10 to a '13 premium and keep that for a few years.

MrHolland is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

^^^Yup!!!

evois is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 escalade hybrid

for a range rover sport at $62k is just the base price. to add all the options, etc. it adds up to close to $72-$75k and that is only for the 3.0L V6 SC. To get the V8 SC RRS you have to jump to $86k and to add the ATB is close to $89-$90k. inflation sucks!

maeng9981 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 SRX, 12 Sierra, 00 SLS, 99 Deville 50-year Anniversary

The fact that $71k is even a possible MSRP for a Tahoe surprises me... These are supposed to be full size SUVs for normal families. I mean, I understand that everything is nicer than previous models, but $71k for a Tahoe?..come on.

MrHolland is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

The difference in a Tahoe and a Range Rover, Tahoe doesn't catch my eye.

Avery323 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

71k for a Tahoe, means 76k for a Denali and 83K for an Escalade. Expensive? You bet. And they'll sell every single one they can make. The market is there for expensive trucks. The days of the 40k full size SUV are over

sdgc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Escalade

i like the idea of just upgrading my 2012 to a 2014 platinum... but even if i dont i bought the 2012 expecting it to be 10 year vehicle, and since its paid for no sense in upgrading if there isnt something amazing in the new version.... which to me there isn't...

evois is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 escalade hybrid

Quote Originally Posted by MrHolland View Post
    The difference in a Tahoe and a Range Rover, Tahoe doesn't catch my eye.
    I have a new range rover and even if I agree that the options are nice, leather plush, suspension and drivetrain full of awesomeness the reliability of the escalade and utility and economy of my hybrid is not to be ignored. I had the chance to keep two range rovers if I trade my escalade and keep both 2011 and buy the 2013. but I liked the escalade in a different perspective and never regretted that decision and just traded the 2011 for the 2013. the new 2015 is an upgrade in the right direction.

Nihsel10 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Escalade ESV Platinum 2011 Escalade ESV 2008 Hummer H2

Are you sure its 71k?

I read somewhere the LTZ would be 66k, without tax.

http://www.automobilemag.com/feature...burban-priced/

The Base price for the Escalade, without tax, is 72k. Which makes no sense, imo, at all if the high priced tahoe is 71k, which could be the same price as the denali.

kars79 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihsel10
    Are you sure its 71k? I read somewhere the LTZ would be 66k, without tax. http://www.automobilemag.com/feature...burban-priced/ The Base price for the Escalade, without tax, is 72k. Which makes no sense, imo, at all if the high priced tahoe is 71k, which could be the same price as the denali.
    Yes it's $70750.
    It had every option and upgraded wheels for extra $3900 if I remember correctly.

Denali and tahoe prices are about same.
    Maybe 2-3k difference but that's about it.

I agree with above comments about tahoe being very expensive.
    My first SUV was 2007 tahoe ltz.
    It was the loaded model stickered at $51.5k
    I think it was the most expensive at the time.

I thought about getting a range rover but I'm scared about reliability and don't know much about the brand.

To me it's hard to justify paying $70k for tahoe,
    But $75k is easier to swallow for escalade.
    $75k is a lot of money!!!!!

These trucks are about $15-20k more then what they were back in 2006-2007.

I think it's same with lots of cars,
    For example
    Loaded honda odyssey was $35k in 2006 and now you can get loaded odyssey for $50k.

I would much rather get escalade for $75k then odyssey for $50k.

BEarle is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac Escalade
    I read a article the other day about the inflation on cars and it's crazy that they are selling like hotcakes. They said the RR plant is now open 24 hours a day because they can't keep up with demand and that BMW can't keep up with the demand on there M cars.

I mean perfect example, my buddy bought a BMW 535 M sport for $75k, I mean I remember you get a 7 series for $75k and it wasn't that long ago. A fully loaded 3 series is pushing $60k, I remember you could get a M3 for $45k.

I'm not going to pay that crazy cost. My escalade is off warranty soon, either I'm going to buy a V coupe or a 13 escalade. The coupe was $75k and the dealer has it for sale for $51k with 2500 miles on it and the escalade is a luxury that was $73 marked down to $60k I'm figuring I could get that in the mid $50ks.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.