2015 Tahoe ltz - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac Escalade and ESV Forum - 2015+ Discussion, 2015 Tahoe ltz in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Originally Posted by gmfamily I totally agree Land Rover and Tahoe are apple's and oranges. That being said a lot ...
    evois is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 escalade hybrid
    Quote Originally Posted by gmfamily
    I totally agree Land Rover and Tahoe are apple's and oranges. That being said a lot of people buying the Tahoe will not use all its size. If your not, you could technically cross shop LR4 ( three rows) or Range
    Rover Sport. As far as reliability, I think Land Rover is turning it around? I have not heard any horror stories with the new ones yet.

Really my only point is Chevy is the middle class option compared to the Escalade. At 71K your in a car bracket (i.e. RR) for bigger earners. If your going to get the cheaper LS or LT you loose a lot of luxury and style. At that point you might be better off with a minivan or 3 row crossover. They usually have more utility and practicality (sans towing) any how.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    I have a range rover sport as well. The 2011 I bought new drive we'll as advertised and I did not believe the range rover electrical issues until the head unit was deciding when to turn on or off. After several visits to the dealer, software updates, etc they could not resolve the issue at all. All tricks were done to no avail. After soo much agony, finally traded it to a new 2013 RRS which proved to be the deal. No issues so far. As for the 2014 and 2014.5, from the feedback I got have the same first year problems as well. As for the minivan comment, I think the new RRS would qualify for it as it lost the rugged SUV appeal to look like a crossover. Price wise, value, etc. the GM SUV hit it in the nail. The escalade will prove to be a winner again.
    OneStepAhead likes this.

gmfamily is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS V-Sport/2015 Escalade/Sold 2013 CTS-V Stealth Ed

Re: 2015 Tahoe ltz

Quote Originally Posted by evois View Post
    I have a range rover sport as well. The 2011 I bought new drive we'll as advertised and I did not believe the range rover electrical issues until the head unit was deciding when to turn on or off. After several visits to the dealer, software updates, etc they could not resolve the issue at all. All tricks were done to no avail. After soo much agony, finally traded it to a new 2013 RRS which proved to be the deal. No issues so far. As for the 2014 and 2014.5, from the feedback I got have the same first year problems as well. As for the minivan comment, I think the new RRS would qualify for it as it lost the rugged SUV appeal to look like a crossover. Price wise, value, etc. the GM SUV hit it in the nail. The escalade will prove to be a winner again.
    I agree the new Range Rover Sport has lost its rugged appeal. I believe it looks too much like the Evoque, and not enough like the Range Rover. With that out of the way it is an amazing SUV. It is the only SUV I know with a built in sonar to show you instant water wading levels. Its also set a faster lap time than a Mini Copper John Cooper Works edition. So this time around the Sport badge actually means Sport. I don't think there is any SUV that blends luxury, sport, and off road capability better. Again, it does look like a big Evoque...... soooo that kinda sucks.

I bring up minivans/crossovers because if your not towing something they usually set the bar for utility and practicality. If your shopping Tahoe I would imagine those qualities are at the top of your list. The Tahoe is horrible off road (no ground clearance) and does not do a great job sitting people and their things. So if you buy a LS/LT to bring down the price, you lose luxury/style and your left with a SUV thats not that capable or practical. My sister has a Traverse and my step-sister has an Odyssey and I am always blown away by how much stuff can fit in them (people and items). So how a person value shopping buys a Tahoe, I have no idea. I love the Tahoe and its looks grow on me everyday. So much so we almost went and test drove one today. That being said I would only buy the LTZ with the optional 3K 22in wheels. The MSRP was 73K, and that is only 1K lower than the Denali at my local GMC dealer. Really when your not shopping value (most of us on this forum are not lol) and you hit a certain price, you get the snowball effect. The snowball effect is, Hey I am spending 70K whats another 10K or 20K if it makes me feel good. We are not buying using logic, we are buying using emotion. At 71 to 73K for a LTZ Tahoe, there are other cars that pull at your emotions i.e. RR, GL, Land Cruiser etc.
    OneStepAhead likes this.

OneStepAhead is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 15 Escalade Prem, 14 CTS VSport Prem, 15 RR Sport ATB

RR Sport tops out in the high nineties for supercharged autobiography last time I checked. Pretty sure the one I test drove was 98k.

evois is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 escalade hybrid

Quote Originally Posted by gmfamily View Post
    It is the only SUV I know with a built in sonar to show you instant water wading levels……..
    it is not available in the US domestic market. it only exist in overseas, UK version.

[QOUTE]…Its also set a faster lap time than a Mini Copper John Cooper Works edition[/QUOTE]

it is not the faster of the bunch of vehicles to be compared with. they should have compared it with a subaru wrx sti or mitsubishi evo X to really compare the lap times.

Punmax is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

New Range Rover Sport looks like ass, to be honest. I'll take the '13, any day.

OneStepAhead likes this.

gmfamily is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS V-Sport/2015 Escalade/Sold 2013 CTS-V Stealth Ed

Drove the 2015 LTZ Tahoe (all options) MSRP 71K last night, and boy I was disappointed. There was a lot of wind noise, the ride was harsh (just 20in wheels) and the 5.3 felt underpowered. I know the Escalade will be better, I just hope it is A LOT better.

OneStepAhead is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 15 Escalade Prem, 14 CTS VSport Prem, 15 RR Sport ATB

Quote Originally Posted by gmfamily View Post
    Drove the 2015 LTZ Tahoe (all options) MSRP 71K last night, and boy I was disappointed. There was a lot of wind noise, the ride was harsh (just 20in wheels) and the 5.3 felt underpowered. I know the Escalade will be better, I just hope it is A LOT better.
    Well I guess since you pulled the trigger on the escalade you thought it was A LOT better? Even the 6.2L feels a bit underpowered to me. I dont know why, but my 2012 seemed zipper. Probably just in my head since on paper the 2015 beats it by 5%.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.