2015 Tahoe ltz - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac Escalade and ESV Forum - 2015+ Discussion, 2015 Tahoe ltz in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Originally Posted by hcvone I also thought a Corvette would never cost over 100k, my first turbo 911 Porsche in ...
    BEarle is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac Escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by hcvone
    I also thought a Corvette would never cost over 100k, my first turbo 911 Porsche in 86' was 56k new, my twin turbo in 96' was 95k, now that car is 165k, and you know if they make a platinum Escalade it's going to be about 100k. I will say the Tahoe I had was as nice as my platinum Escalade in every way except performance
    I just read a article on autoblog today, they were talking about the Denali and Tahoe pricing and how it's out of this world and they GM is taking a risk.

ats4life is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS

Re: 2015 Tahoe ltz

Quote Originally Posted by kars79 View Post
    I test drove tahoe ltz yesterday,
    All I can say is WOW.
    What a difference,
    So smooth,so quite and comfortable.
    Steering felt great and well balanced with 22's.
    Lots of leather all around,
    Looks way better then pictures.
    Everything I touched felt like I'm in range rover.
    Nav screen was bright and very responsive.
    Engine felt a lot more livelier then old 5.3 engine.
    Msrp was high, $70750.
    But for what you are getting I don't think people will complain much at all.
    If tahoe is this good I just can't wait for escalade to come out.
    Only complain that I have is
    Since 3rd row fold flat it seems like less room back there but I would much rather for it to fold flat then take them out.
    70K MSRP?!? wow.. I wonder how much the 2015 escalades will go for

MrHolland is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

There's a thread with the Escalade prices.

kars79 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by ats4life
    70K MSRP?!? wow.. I wonder how much the 2015 escalades will go for

Yeah but getting $6-7k off is not hard at all.
    I called a dealer for Denali today and they told me they would give me around $6k off
    So if I push them they will do $7k off on Denali.
    I know someone who ordered thru them and got $7k off.
    Looks like in few months getting $10k off is not gonna be hard at all.

Jpjr is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by Nihsel10 View Post
    True. Question: lets say a person drive the high qualilty car daily and doesn't go crazy like hitting max rev or go really fast, It would be ok to use the 87, correct? or should they remain using premium despite that type of driving habit?

My H2 is over 50k, definitely not selling it, no problems at all and I don't drive it as much as the ESV. I don't do any crazy driving, simple cruising back and forth.
    In this case you are obviously better off than if you were pushing the limits of the motor, but I would still use the gas recommended by the manufacturer, period. You have to assume this was a cost of owning the vehicle. That said, you are still getting value. Look at the turbo Caddy is putting in the ATS. That motor has a ton of power per liter and is incredibly efficient. You just could not get that kind of power and MPG from a motor on 87 octane.

My point is simply to dispel the myth that certain motors don't run on 87 octane because the engineers were too cheap or incompetent. It is merely a trade-off that they believe will benefit an owner of a vehicle that wants a good balance of performance and MPGs.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by evois View Post
    why do I get better mileage with using premium vs regular in both city and highway driving?
    In the old days before the systems were as advanced you would get noticeably better mileage with premium, likely due to the motor running hotter and cleaner. more heat = more power...unfortunately too much heat = kaboom. race car drivers push the limits of this relationship constantly to gain advantage on the track.

These days, the computer systems in cars are so much better that they actually, in a way, penalize you for not using the gas specified by the manufacturer. For instance, most modern computers on a real time basis can change the timing of when the spark plugs fire into the cylinders to compensate for the increased octane in order to preserve the factory tune. In effect, this means the performance gains you might otherwise see by "tricking" the computer in older vehicles just aren't there today. This means you are not likely to see nearly the performance boost you would hope for by paying up for premium over regular gas if you car is not tuned for it.

Like I said in a previous post, however, nowadays the problem with the modding community is on the other end of the spectrum. Kids buying Mustangs these days think that the computers can compensate for anything! In truth, retarding timing or other computer controlled reactions can only do so much. At some point you will overwhelm the motor if the mechanical components are not upgraded as well.

cadichris is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac Escalade Ultra Luxury, Black on Black

Quote Originally Posted by BEarle View Post
    I just read a article on autoblog today, they were talking about the Denali and Tahoe pricing and how it's out of this world and they GM is taking a risk.
    It's very simple in regards to the pricing. We all just need to not buy them and GM will quickly realize that they have priced these way too high. I am going to hold off, but the challenge is will all of you be able to do it?

Nihsel10 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Escalade ESV Platinum 2011 Escalade ESV 2008 Hummer H2

Quote Originally Posted by Jpjr View Post
    In this case you are obviously better off than if you were pushing the limits of the motor, but I would still use the gas recommended by the manufacturer, period. You have to assume this was a cost of owning the vehicle. That said, you are still getting value. Look at the turbo Caddy is putting in the ATS. That motor has a ton of power per liter and is incredibly efficient. You just could not get that kind of power and MPG from a motor on 87 octane.

My point is simply to dispel the myth that certain motors don't run on 87 octane because the engineers were too cheap or incompetent. It is merely a trade-off that they believe will benefit an owner of a vehicle that wants a good balance of performance and MPGs.
    Yep. Some people like to penny pinch as well because saving 2-5 bucks a tank "means" something to them.

Poncherello is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Escalade ESV

I just read a review of the 2015 Tahoe/Yukon that includes pricing info here:

http://www.nydailynews.com/autos/lat...icle-1.1714285

Here's the info they printed about pricing:

The Chevrolet Tahoe follows a simple, three-tiered equipment level program, with LS models starting at $45,595, leather-lined LT models at $50,995 and the top-shelf LTZ coming in at $60,290 (prices include destination). The GMC Yukon is available in SLE ($47,330) and fancier SLT ($55,730) trims, while the glitzy Denali trims, which are estimated to represent a considerable 60-percent of Yukon sales, start at $63,675.

Adding 4WD represents a $3K hike in price, and if you want long-wheelbase models (Suburban/Yukon XL), budget another $2,700 or so. New tech features include forward collision alert, lane departure warning, blind spot and rear cross-path monitors, and radar cruise control. Since these are high-theft rate vehicles, according to GM, a new theft package is offered, with interior movement, vehicle inclination and glass-break sensors, and a self-powered horn. Load it all up, and a Suburban can top out in the mid-$70Ks, while Yukon XL Denalis can kiss $80K with the 22-in wheels, four-wheel drive and the dual-screen rear-seat entertainment system.
    That tells me that the fully loaded Escalade ESV will easily approach $90K

Nihsel10 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Escalade ESV Platinum 2011 Escalade ESV 2008 Hummer H2

Platinum will be around GL550 price range.

sdgc is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 Escalade

if thats the case, IMO it wont be worth it.

b4z
    b4z is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Standard SrX grey/black

I know several people who have the fill size GM SUVs that have over 200k miles with zero repairs. Original alternators etc. I don't know anybody with a range rover who can say that. Unfortunately our tahoe has cost us $6k over 7 years due to the original owner not taking care of it.

the blur is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

The LTZ cost money. The base Tahoe is reasonable. We looked at the new Tahoe today. The front end with HID's are nice. The new back windows, and rear quarter section look ridiculous. We are keeping the Escalade for another few years.

OneStepAhead is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2015 Escalade Premium - Majestic Orange Peel Black

Quote Originally Posted by gmfamily View Post
    For 71k it should feel like a Range Rover, being that the Range Rover sport starts at 62k lol. The price of the GM trucks is outrageous. You should never have a Chevy priced with a Range Rover. I am not saying the Tahoe is not a good SUV, it's just competing too up market. It will become like the Toyota Land Cruiser, a rare, overpriced, slow selling unit. At least the the Land Crusier can off road and you can pass it down to grandchildren with 300,000 miles. With all the new electronics the 70k Tahoe will be sitting in Chevy service the first couple of years. Sorry to vent, just upset I had to buy a Jeep because the price to value on the new Escalade is horrible. How about taking some of the huge profit GM makes on these and produce a product that's ahead of the competition, not just catching up. Is there one area the GM trucks are better than their competition?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    You are comparing the fully loaded Tahoe vs a base RR Sport. Fully loaded sport is just shy of 100k. Trust me, if you sat in a new RR Sport 5.0 SuperCharged Autobiography and then a Tahoe, the two aren't comparable in the slightest, and I've test driven both. The Tahoe is in a different size class, the RR is in a different luxury class. It's an apples to oranges comparison. We bought a Jeep GC Summit for my girlfriend after first looking at the Tahoe. The 2014 Tahoe just looked terrible on the inside she thought (I agree), I'm sure the 2015 is better though.

Yes, there is one area the GM trucks are better than the competition, ok maybe two. Size and body shape. No one else is making large SUVs other than GM. Here is how Id do it if I were GM

Tahoe 45-65k
    Yukon 55-75k
    Escalade 85-110k

Of course you'd have to increase the luxury level and quality of the Escalade to justify that price, but there is still a lot of room for improvement in the 2015. They need a larger gap between the Yukon and Escalade, who is going to shell out 77k for a fully loaded Yukon Denali if you can step up to the Escalade for a few thousand more?

evois is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 escalade hybrid

Quote Originally Posted by gmfamily View Post
    For 71k it should feel like a Range Rover, being that the Range Rover sport starts at 62k lol. The price of the GM trucks is outrageous. You should never have a Chevy priced with a Range Rover. I am not saying the Tahoe is not a good SUV, it's just competing too up market. It will become like the Toyota Land Cruiser, a rare, overpriced, slow selling unit. At least the the Land Crusier can off road and you can pass it down to grandchildren with 300,000 miles. With all the new electronics the 70k Tahoe will be sitting in Chevy service the first couple of years. Sorry to vent, just upset I had to buy a Jeep because the price to value on the new Escalade is horrible. How about taking some of the huge profit GM makes on these and produce a product that's ahead of the competition, not just catching up. Is there one area the GM trucks are better than their competition?

I think you have the chevy tahoe to pick if you want it to be in that price bracket while benefiting the attributes of the fully loaded luxurious cadillac escalade. likewise, the RRS doesn't start at $62k. A 2014.5 RRS HSE with a "3.0L V6 S/C!" starts at $71k and fully optioned is $78k. The RRS SUPERCHARGED starts at $75k and with options tops at $82k. An RRS ATB tops out at $95k. What the cadillac escalade brings are: reliability, full size SUV, value(believe it or not) and luxury. Compared to the competition, you will know that it will not break or leave stranded in the middle of the road.

gmfamily is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS V-Sport/2015 Escalade/Sold 2013 CTS-V Stealth Ed

I totally agree Land Rover and Tahoe are apple's and oranges. That being said a lot of people buying the Tahoe will not use all its size. If your not, you could technically cross shop LR4 ( three rows) or Range
    Rover Sport. As far as reliability, I think Land Rover is turning it around? I have not heard any horror stories with the new ones yet.

Really my only point is Chevy is the middle class option compared to the Escalade. At 71K your in a car bracket (i.e. RR) for bigger earners. If your going to get the cheaper LS or LT you loose a lot of luxury and style. At that point you might be better off with a minivan or 3 row crossover. They usually have more utility and practicality (sans towing) any how.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.