2015 Tahoe ltz - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac Escalade and ESV Forum - 2015+ Discussion, 2015 Tahoe ltz in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Range Rover reliability is terrible. Even at a high price, quality is terrible. Good thing Cadillac is #3 in vehicle ...
    Nihsel10 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Escalade ESV Platinum 2011 Escalade ESV 2008 Hummer H2

Re: 2015 Tahoe ltz

Range Rover reliability is terrible. Even at a high price, quality is terrible.

Good thing Cadillac is #3 in vehicle dependability as of 2014, just after MB.

When you pay for expensive cars, it should always be sturdy and reliable.

BEarle is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac Escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihsel10
    Range Rover reliability is terrible. Even at a high price, quality is terrible. Good thing Cadillac is #3 in vehicle dependability as of 2014, just after MB. When you pay for expensive cars, it should always be sturdy and reliable.

After MB? It's crazy how MB is making a comeback. I have owned 3 of them and they were all garbage, that's why I went to Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by BEarle View Post
    After MB? It's crazy how MB is making a comeback. I have owned 3 of them and they were all garbage, that's why I went to Cadillac
    I know right. I have the GL550 (2012) thing got some issues. Plus it hates regular gas, unlike the escalade and hummer, which works perfectly fine in after many years (5 for the H2 and 3 for the ESV). Good thing the GL is a lease.

here is the study
    http://autos.jdpower.com/ratings/201...ss-Release.htm

Cadillac should become #1 and dethrown and snap Lexus 3 year streak.

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Quote Originally Posted by Nihsel10 View Post
    I know right. I have the GL550 (2012) thing got some issues. Plus it hates regular gas, unlike the escalade and hummer, which works perfectly fine in after many years (5 for the H2 and 3 for the ESV). Good thing the GL is a lease.

here is the study
    http://autos.jdpower.com/ratings/201...ss-Release.htm

Cadillac should become #1 and dethrown and snap Lexus 3 year streak.
    Escalade's are suppose to run on 91, sure they will run on the lowest grade, so will my GL63, but they run like crap because they are high performance engines, but if you drive like grandma on flat ground you can get away with it.

They gave me a 2015 Tahoe to mistreat for several days, it stickered at $69,680, diamond white brown interior, it was VERY nice, I was really impressed, just not enough power for 70k

Quote Originally Posted by hcvone View Post
    Escalade's are suppose to run on 91, sure they will run on the lowest grade, so will my GL63, but they run like crap because they are high performance engines, but if you drive like grandma on flat ground you can get away with it.

They gave me a 2015 Tahoe to mistreat for several days, it stickered at $69,680, diamond white brown interior, it was VERY nice, I was really impressed, just not enough power for 70k
    Well yeah the manual says recommends, but they also said it will run fine on 87 octane and won't experience that much loss in acceleration. I tried premium and regular on the Escalade, no difference. Plus Escalade is already fast enough at 3000 rpm. If someone has a lead foot, then they really need premium. Thats why I favor Escalade and the H2 more than the GL. The Escalade always looks clean and remains clean for months, only have to wash it in like 3-5 months later depending on how much dirt I come across which is minimal.

All MB requires 91 or higher. They also said fill half of 87 for emergencies and fill the rest with 91. Use of 87 for long period of time will result in knocking. Last time ever getting MB. Don't have time to baby it. Going to do some exploring for german car that will run fine on regular, lol. Either Porsche or BMW.

I think the Silverado High Country has a escalade engine as well. correct?

Quote Originally Posted by hcvone
    Escalade's are suppose to run on 91, sure they will run on the lowest grade, so will my GL63, but they run like crap because they are high performance engines, but if you drive like grandma on flat ground you can get away with it. They gave me a 2015 Tahoe to mistreat for several days, it stickered at $69,680, diamond white brown interior, it was VERY nice, I was really impressed, just not enough power for 70k
    I still can't fathom a Tahoe being $70k I just can't believe it! I mean who is going to pay that for a Chevy! When you can get a Caddy, RR and GL got the same price and hell you can prob pick up a new Navi for $10k less! I'm not a brand snob but when ur pricing a Chevy more than a Lincoln there's some problems!

I still can't fathom a Tahoe being $70k I just can't believe it! I mean who is going to pay that for a Chevy! When you can get a Caddy, RR and GL got the same price and hell you can prob pick up a new Navi for $10k less! I'm not a brand snob but when ur pricing a Chevy more than a Lincoln there's some problems!
    Me neither. Chevy is dying to be part of the upperclass.

gmfamily is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS V-Sport/2015 Escalade/Sold 2013 CTS-V Stealth Ed

I have notice from the CTS/ATS section, there seems to be a lot of product on lots. I think the Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade will be the slowest sellers of all. This new pricing has yet to set in with Cadillac buyers. Of course, once you start putting money on hood they will move.

Quote Originally Posted by gmfamily
    I have notice from the CTS/ATS section, there seems to be a lot of product on lots. I think the Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade will be the slowest sellers of all. This new pricing has yet to set in with Cadillac buyers. Of course, once you start putting money on hood they will move.
    They can't move the CTS and ATS. The XTS is selling really well tho. The escalade will sell also, even the current one that is 7 years old are selling like hotcakes still and it's not just the luxury or premium it's the platinum that is 87-90k. I see more platinums than the "standard" escalades.

Jpjr is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

This may or may not be clear, but the level of oxygen in gas affects the temperature at which the gas detonates. Lower octane = lower combustion temp. From that standpoint, if you were Jesse Pinkman and were trying to burn down Walt's house, you would fill your gas can with 87 octane.

For higher performance motors, you can obtain more power by raising compression within the cylinder and thus raising heat. You therefore need to increase the temperature at which gas explodes (i.e., raising the octane) so that it ignites when it is timed to do so (i.e., at the top of the piston's power downstroke). When you hear about "race gas" it is often synonomous with higher octane, like 100 octane, for this very reason.

The problem with putting 87 octane in a higher compression motor that is tuned and timed for 91/93 octane is that the gas can detonate before the piston begins its power stroke and hence causes the pre-ignition/kocking that will eventually kill the motor. The computer can sense when unintended combustion is detected (e.g., knock sensors) and attempt to make adjustments, but often those adjustments cannot overcome the mechanics at play. To use an unrelated example, many supercharted motors fail because tons of air is pushed into the motor but the fuel system cannot physically keep up with what the computer is telling it to pump. High air/fuel ratio = high heat = failure.

My point is this: A motor that requires higher octane is by design, and not because it was easier or cheaper to build or because it was intended to cause an inconvenience to the owner. The Mercedes motors are some of the best being built today, with their very attraction being the balance of power and efficiency. If you want that big powerful motor that drives on 87 octane you are likely sacrificing power and/or efficiency.

Quote Originally Posted by Jpjr View Post
    This may or may not be clear, but the level of oxygen in gas affects the temperature at which the gas detonates. Lower octane = lower combustion temp. From that standpoint, if you were Jesse Pinkman and were trying to burn down Walt's house, you would fill your gas can with 87 octane.

For higher performance motors, you can obtain more power by raising compression within the cylinder and thus raising heat. You therefore need to increase the temperature at which gas explodes (i.e., raising the octane) so that it ignites when it is timed to do so (i.e., at the top of the piston's power downstroke). When you hear about "race gas" it is often synonomous with higher octane, like 100 octane, for this very reason.

The problem with putting 87 octane in a higher compression motor that is tuned and timed for 91/93 octane is that the gas can detonate before the piston begins its power stroke and hence causes the pre-ignition/kocking that will eventually kill the motor. The computer can sense when unintended combustion is detected (e.g., knock sensors) and attempt to make adjustments, but often those adjustments cannot overcome the mechanics at play. To use an unrelated example, many supercharted motors fail because tons of air is pushed into the motor but the fuel system cannot physically keep up with what the computer is telling it to pump. High air/fuel ratio = high heat = failure.

My point is this: A motor that requires higher octane is by design, and not because it was easier or cheaper to build or because it was intended to cause an inconvenience to the owner. The Mercedes motors are some of the best being built today, with their very attraction being the balance of power and efficiency. If you want that big powerful motor that drives on 87 octane you are likely sacrificing power and/or efficiency.
    True. Question: lets say a person drive the high qualilty car daily and doesn't go crazy like hitting max rev or go really fast, It would be ok to use the 87, correct? or should they remain using premium despite that type of driving habit?

My H2 is over 50k, definitely not selling it, no problems at all and I don't drive it as much as the ESV. I don't do any crazy driving, simple cruising back and forth.

evois is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 escalade hybrid

why do I get better mileage with using premium vs regular in both city and highway driving?

Quote Originally Posted by evois View Post
    why do I get better mileage with using premium vs regular in both city and highway driving?
    yeah I somewhat careless about gas mileage. But mpg can vary depending on the way the person drives though.

However, when I don't put he pedal down hard and keep the rpm below 3000, I get a fuel range between 450-500 miles on the ESV. IMO, it just depends on the person's driving habit.

Anyways, we are getting off-topic talking about octane rather than talking about the Tahoe.

Here is a vid about the Tahoe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODvn2QTKzZk

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

I also thought a Corvette would never cost over 100k, my first turbo 911 Porsche in 86' was 56k new, my twin turbo in 96' was 95k, now that car is 165k, and you know if they make a platinum Escalade it's going to be about 100k. I will say the Tahoe I had was as nice as my platinum Escalade in every way except performance

evois is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 escalade hybrid

Quote Originally Posted by hcvone View Post
    I also thought a Corvette would never cost over 100k, my first turbo 911 Porsche in 86' was 56k new, my twin turbo in 96' was 95k, now that car is 165k, and you know if they make a platinum Escalade it's going to be about 100k. I will say the Tahoe I had was as nice as my platinum Escalade in every way except performance
    wait till you see the fully optioned porsche macan turbo! >100k!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.